EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If traded in 2021 his cap hit is 10.4 mil. I can find ways to make it work this year

With the cap in future years, is going to continue to increase with the new tv deals. There’s some guys who at their cap number in 2022 aren’t going to be back. Kelce’s contract is basically made so he’s either retiring at the end of 2021 or he’s gone. 

Actually, the way the did Kelce's extension, he is on the roster in 2022.  Can't get out of it until 2023.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Actually, the way the did Kelce's extension, he is on the roster in 2022.  Can't get out of it until 2023.

really? I thought it was at the end of the season. I know Clark had a tweet about it. Maybe i read it wrong. 

According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Kelce and the Eagles agreed to place a "poison pill”-type maneuver in his new deal, all but guaranteeing the longtime center will either be released or retire after the season. Kelce’s contract currently runs through the 2022 season, per Over The Cap, paying the four-time Pro Bowler $5.6 million in 2021 and $5.9 million in 2022. But Fowler reported Tuesday that both sides agreed this offseason that if Kelce isn’t cut or retired by June 2, 2022, the Eagles will be required to pay Kelce something like $30 million. 

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Theyre really good. Similar to a Sonic. When all the spicy chicken sandwich hysteria was going on everyone up here KNEW Checkers had the best spicy chicken sandwhich

1). Jalepinios, onions, whiz on a hard rols is the go to Hot Dog

2) Loser story, we entertain every week for football and every week is a new menu. With out a doubt the most popular "menu" is dog week. 

I go to a butcher get 3-4 different styles of dogs, couple them all a couple different ways. couple different rolls and about 10-12 condiments to put on the dog. 

Whiz, bacon, onions, relish, cherry relish, pickles, kraut, etc etc

Never had cherry relish on a dog.

Just now, downundermike said:

So if you are the Texans QB, would you be peachy if they traded one of the 3 best WR's in the game ??

Those weren't the reasons reported of why he wanted to be traded.  His gripe was not being consulted on Head Coach and General Manager hires.

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

More than likely the 2 bottles of vodka, mixed with whatever painkilling medication most of those guys are on.

Or that. I havent seen all the details. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He's going to count towards the cap but no way he is on the roster unless he restructures. They have a poison pill in his contract. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

He's going to count towards the cap but no way he is on the roster unless he restructures. They have a poison pill in his contract. 

Yeah just posted. 

According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Kelce and the Eagles agreed to place a "poison pill”-type maneuver in his new deal, all but guaranteeing the longtime center will either be released or retire after the season. Kelce’s contract currently runs through the 2022 season, per Over The Cap, paying the four-time Pro Bowler $5.6 million in 2021 and $5.9 million in 2022. But Fowler reported Tuesday that both sides agreed this offseason that if Kelce isn’t cut or retired by June 2, 2022, the Eagles will be required to pay Kelce something like $30 million. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah just posted. 

They basically just structured it so he could be released or cut as a Post June 1st transaction without having to use one of their two Pre-Post June 1st designations. 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Those weren't the reasons reported of why he wanted to be traded.  His gripe was not being consulted on Head Coach and General Manager hires.

I would too considering the last head coach and GM they hired pissed away hopkins for David Johnson and a 2nd rounder as diggs got more value and a lesser player. and been running them into the ground with bad contracts and bad trades.

I probably also want someone in there that i trust over the judgment of the Texans organization. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah just posted. 

image.thumb.png.46b0bf0967e8142189ebf59b6b42cbed.png

image.thumb.png.0f05fa2de3f1851708392cef3e203d1e.png

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I could understand the ownership asking the QB what he thinks about a potential HC but the GM???

Maybe o Brien gave watson GM PTSD.

If I had been caught in the flames of the dumpster fire OBrien created I might want to have some say as well.

He has to be under contract in 2022 so they can split his dead money between 2022 and 2023 via Post June 1st. If he was under contract for just this year they would be forced to take all the $13M of dead money in 2022.

Someone needs to ask Joel corry about it on Twitter. Cause that’s conflicting with the report Jeremy Fowler had on it. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Someone needs to ask Joel corry about it on Twitter. Cause that’s conflicting with the report Jeremy Fowler had on it. 

It's not conflicting. He has to be under contract so they can post June 1st him. If it was structured as 2022 through 2025 automatically void, they take a lump sum in 2022.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's not conflicting. He has to be under contract so they can post June 1sts him. If it was structured as 2022 through 2025 automatically void, they take a lump sum in 2022.

Gotcha. There’s going to be moves made next offseason to clear more space then the following year it jumps with the new tv deals. the cap sucks this year and even next year it’s not great however fitting watson in with the cap and building a team around him they still can do. They aren’t giving away every pick over the next 5 years and they’d restructure that deal to create space just like they were going to do with wentz when they needed too 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Even the Eagles called it a 1 year extension through 2021. It's just structured for cap maneuvering purposes

Yes, that maneuvering is it would have to be a post June 1 cut, and the Eagles would still have a cap hit of 4.5 million dollars.  Adding in Malik and Alshon, Eagles already have 20 million in dead cap for next year.  

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes, that maneuvering is it would have to be a post June 1 cut, and the Eagles would still have a cap hit of 4.5 million dollars.  Adding in Malik and Alshon, Eagles already have 20 million in dead cap for next year.  

Lets go!

You can also add Ertz, Flacco, Wilson, Harris and everyone else who has dummy years voiding next year. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would too considering the last head coach and GM they hired pissed away hopkins for David Johnson and a 2nd rounder as diggs got more value and a lesser player. and been running them into the ground with bad contracts and bad trades.

I probably also want someone in there that i trust over the judgment of the Texans organization. 

I don't know if some of you guys suffer from recency bias, or facts just don't get in your way once you've formed an opinion:

March 2020 -- Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins

September 2020 -- Deshaun Watson signs mega contract extension with Texans

You guys can argue in circles or re-write events all you want to suit your positions, but it becomes a waste of time discussing it when the absurdity of your stance gets to this point.

Come on, guys.  You should be better than this.    

Here's all the dead money in 2022 as of today, 7/15/21

Malik Jackson - $9,033,000

Alshon Jeffery - $5,435,706

Zach Ertz - $3,548,000

Rodney Mcleod - $2,140,000

Anthony Harris - $2,408,000

Joe Flacco - $1,940,000

Eric Wilson - $1,372,000

Ryan Kerrigan - $1,140,000

Jason Kelce (assuming post 6/1) - $4,499,000 

So we already have $31,515,706 in 2022 dead cap that has a ceiling of $208,200,000. 15% of the max cap will be dead. And more will be added after 2021 roster cut down.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don't know if some of you guys suffer from recency bias, or facts just don't get in your way once you've formed an opinion:

March 2020 -- Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins

September 2020 -- Deshaun Watson signs mega contract extension with Texans

You guys can argue in circles or re-write events all you want to suit your positions, but it becomes a waste of time discussing it when the absurdity of your stance gets to this point.

Come on, guys.  You should be better than this.    

You aren’t going to turn down guaranteed money. Especially at QB position and you can always demand you way out which is becoming more common in the nfl with each passing day. And it’s not just QBs doing this either. you pretend guys are just going to turn down guaranteed money and then not force their way out when they are unhappy  

So you specifically are going to pass up guaranteed money, risk injury and then demand a trade after the season when you aren’t happy. Meanwhile most who know they can sign that contract, get their guarantees and then ask for a trade and get it. 

Of course he couldn’t have been upset at the hopkins deal then the Texans made some promises to him and basically lied to just get him sign, they’d never would do that.... 

Also just found this, Kelce commented on his contract and the structure, and saying it’s in there just so a decision one way or the the other will be made by 6/2

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/07/why-eagles-jason-kelce-put-unique-clause-in-his-reworked-contract-center-discusses-heir-apparent-possibilities.html

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Here's all the dead money in 2022 as of today, 7/15/21

Malik Jackson - $9,033,000

Alshon Jeffery - $5,435,706

Zach Ertz - $3,548,000

Rodney Mcleod - $2,140,000

Anthony Harris - $2,408,000

Joe Flacco - $1,940,000

Eric Wilson - $1,372,000

Ryan Kerrigan - $1,140,000

Jason Kelce (assuming post 6/1) - $4,499,000 

So we already have $31,515,706 in 2022 dead cap that has a ceiling of $208,200,000. 15% of the max cap will be dead. And more will be added after 2021 roster cut down.

My God that Malik Jackson contract was putrid.  We always point to Alshon and rightfully so, but sweet fancy Moses that $9 mil is a kick right to the nuts.  

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

My God that Malik Jackson contract was putrid.  We always point to Alshon and rightfully so, but sweet fancy Moses that $9 mil is a kick right to the nuts.  

Oh it was said by some at the time he signed it was a poor structured contract. especially when he was coming off a bad year where the jags benched him. We gave him that deal to basically seal the deal of him coming here and just hope his 2018 was more of a mirage (not the start of his decline) and he was more 2016-17

11 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Or in your case, a sweet kick in the ovaries 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Guy has his best season as a pro, after they trade DeAndre Hopkins, with the 31st ranked running game in the league, and people act like he is a bum.

image.thumb.png.f9bdcf01b2edd8499242ae135a95a73f.png

He's not a bum, he's just overrated.

The most important stat for a QB is team points, and it's not like he lacks talent, he had Cooks, Fuller & Cobb at WR, Akins & Fells at TE, a pro bowl LT, 1st rd pick at RT and (2) 2nd rd picks o his OL. That's about equivalent to what Indy fielded last season.Texans put up 384 points, Indy 451 points with the corpse of Rivers at QB.

Four years at QB, 17th, 11th, 14th & 18th in points scored.

Archived