EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I agree.  We should go back to the days were disputes could be settled in a trial by combat.  There are no monetary damages just you get to vanquish your foe.  

Don't threaten me with a good time

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The QBs job is to score points, not personally, but by the offense he is leading.

Unless you're talking zero talent around him, he should be held responsible for the offense's performance.

Houston has had as much talent as Indy the last three years.

One way Watson inflates his QB rating is holding on to the ball, by avoiding incompletions by throwing it away, he makes his numbers look better by taking sacks that hurt his offense.

I think it's uncertain about how he may perform in another system but Watson is certainly a good QB and an above average to elite QB.  

31 minutes ago, austinfan said:

One way Watson inflates his QB rating is holding on to the ball, by avoiding incompletions by throwing it away, he makes his numbers look better by taking sacks that hurt his offense.

Sucks being wrong all the time.  Watson was 12th in the league in throwaways last year with 19.  Watson ranked 5th in the league in on target throws.  Ranked 12th in bad throw %.  16th in pocket time.

48 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I agree.  We should go back to the days were disputes could be settled in a trial by combat.  There are no monetary damages just you get to vanquish your foe.  

Showdown GIFs | Tenor

34 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The QBs job is to score points, not personally, but by the offense he is leading.

Unless you're talking zero talent around him, he should be held responsible for the offense's performance.

nope 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah but are they really flawed?  It's not like all of these guys were major reaches.  Reagor was a reach for us, but not like he was slotted to go in the 3rd round.  He would have went by #40 at the latest, I would think.  It's just as much about lack of development.  Not to say Howie doesn't deserve to be slammed for the drafts.  But eventually someone needs to be developed.  They don't have to be top 10 picks to be good WR in this league.  

We've gone through how many WR coaches in just Dougs era?

58 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Has he been suspended? I am not sure the NFL can necessarily suspend him while these matters are pending.  I am concerned about his legal issues because, as talented as he may be, I think even if you go by his version of events it shows he lacks stability emotionally.  It's a major character concern that could lead to him being out of the league for this or some other non-football related reason sooner than later.  I would be hesitant for the Eagles to trade multiple first round picks for him even if it looked like the suits were not going anywhere.  I also think there's likely to be deposition testimony that comes out and will also impact Watson.  I would imagine that they will be conducting depositions in the case this Fall but court schedules have all been out of whack since  COVID.  

They can put him on the commissioner exempt list, which will be basically suspending him without a suspension.

8 hours ago, greend said:

So if he's proven innocent you would quit watching?

I really don’t think he’s innocent. Even if he’s "proven”, which I would doubt that process as well.

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

We have the best workouts. 

Don't sleep on Herbig.  I'm telling you, if he continues to get in shape he can be a player.

Herbig and Driscoll were the best of the reserve olineman last year other than the obvious beast that is Mailata. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

We've gone through how many WR coaches in just Dougs era?

-48?

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait.  A coaching staff had harder working off-season than a Doug Pederson coaching staff?  You don't say.  

Sirianni might be the next Bill Walsh, I've been told. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They can put him on the commissioner exempt list, which will be basically suspending him without a suspension.

The suspension voids his guarantees too. That makes him even more tradable.

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Seems like the NFL has been quiet on it, maybe because he's said he's not reporting to the Texans anyway, but they should put him on the exempt list, or suspended list, or something.  As far as I know he could walk into the Texans' facility on the  first day of training camp (in order to get paid) as it stands now.

I think the NFL can only put him on the exempt list if they do their own investigation and there's credible evidence to support the allegations that would violate the personal conduct policy.  

36 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sirianni might be the next Bill Walsh, I've been told. 

Joe Montana was a second round pick.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Herbig and Driscoll were the best of the reserve olineman last year other than the obvious beast that is Mailata. 

That is like saying Sammy Lilly was the best backup DB to Izell Jenkins.  

Just sharing this because it's NFL news, not to start a political argument.  I'm not posting my thoughts.

-The NFL is going to continue to play the "Black National Anthem" before their pillar events (NFL Draft, opening game, all Playoff Games and the Super Bowl).

-Players will continue to wear messaging on the back of their helmets.

-Anti-racism messaging will continue to be placed on the sidelines and the back of the end zones.

-Anti-racism messaging and commercials will continue to run in stadiums and during TV broadcasts.

40 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

That is like saying Sammy Lilly was the best backup DB to Izell Jenkins.  

Not really.  Those two showed real promise to very quality backups on a team with potential with further development to be able to start and not be a liability. That's no small thing, especially on the offensive line. 

3 hours ago, austinfan said:

And their oline thats ranked 23 or worse by pff 3 of the last 4 years he has started has nothing to do with it? The one year they were better than 23rd they were 20th so still bottom 3rd in the league. 

I mean if we throw fact out the window of the Texans last year having statistically a worse defense than the Cowboys, bottom 5 in general defensively, or a bottom 10 oline 3 out of the last 4 years then you are right the Texans have had as good of talent as the colts over that time who’ve had a top 5 oline, a top 10 defense (2 of the last 3 years/ finished statistically with a better defense then houston the last 2 years) and much less dysfunction in their organization. I guess if we overlook the fact watt was constantly hurt, a bad oline but because he had Hopkins and fuller (always hurt prior to this year where he got suspended) equal to the colts team 

32 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Just sharing this because it's NFL news, not to start a political argument.  I'm not posting my thoughts.

-The NFL is going to continue to play the "Black National Anthem" before their pillar events (NFL Draft, opening game, all Playoff Games and the Super Bowl).

-Anti-racism messaging will continue to be placed on the sidelines and the back of the end zones.

-Anti-racism messaging and commercials will continue to run in stadiums and during TV broadcasts.

See the source image

32 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I hope the black national anthem gets booed.  What the hell is it anyway? No need for seperate national anthems based on race. 

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I hope the black national anthem gets booed.  What the hell is it anyway? No need for seperate national anthems based on race. 

Do you boo God Bless America at Flyers' games? 

Archived