EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

What a weird hill to die on.  Hate Nick Foles to the point of getting banned on the old board after he wins a Lombardi, but Koy Detmer is the GOAT.

He loves Koy. I find it amusing

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, bpac55 said:

Just sharing this because it's NFL news, not to start a political argument.  I'm not posting my thoughts.

-The NFL is going to continue to play the "Black National Anthem" before their pillar events (NFL Draft, opening game, all Playoff Games and the Super Bowl).

-Players will continue to wear messaging on the back of their helmets.

-Anti-racism messaging will continue to be placed on the sidelines and the back of the end zones.

-Anti-racism messaging and commercials will continue to run in stadiums and during TV broadcasts.

I thought this was common knowledge. Of course one of the biggest organizations is going to send those messages. It's smart because of the huge crowd the NFL has

It's also very profitable for the NFL so it shouldn't be surprising that they'll continue to do it

23 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

It will be interesting how the NFLs social justice stance goes over to full stadiums for the first time.  If its anything like football over here, the diversity of opinion away from the media and players narrative, got steadily more divisive as games went on.  I'm not the only one waiting to see if England's players complain about the World Cup being held in Qatar, but they live in such an inward looking bubble, most will think it's a holiday destination near Abu Dhabi.

I would think most/all the players of the Euro big leagues will be complaining since it's going to be held during their club seasons in November/December.  Can't play games in Summer there in 110+ degree heat.  At least FIFA deciding to have the WC in tiny little Qatar was the domino that started the fall of Septic Bladder and his corrupt cronies.  There's still corruption within FIFA and all the federations around the World, but that brought some light to how bad it really was.  And I lost count of how many workers have died in Qatar building the new stadiums required for the WC.  I get that they want the perception that they're bringing the game/event all over the World and to 'lesser' countries that aren't soccer powerhouse nations, but they really should only reward it to countries that already have the infrastructure and stadiums already in place.  They had it in South Africa in 2010 and now the majority of the stadiums they built have been sitting there empty and unused for a decade.  Most of the countries that have to build to host it haven't made the financial windfall they were expecting.  FIFA gets richer and those countries get the ish end of the stick, usually.

53 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Kelley’s Hero’s is one of the best movies of all time. What a cast. 

I've lost count of how many times I've seen that movie. Used to watch it every Memorial Day on Operation TNT and a few times a year when it would be on. 

A river runs through it

i love the ending to this movie

10 hours ago, MillerTime said:

I have no problem with the hype videos. Younger adults and kids like that stuff. Nothing wrong with interacting with his fan base.

It’s just like the people in their 30s hating on the new space jam. The content is not for you.

Who exactly is it for then?  Cuz nobody is watching that trash?

3 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

Anything from the turn of the Centry? Sheesh..

Only one I seen is The Godfather.  Heard of the Shining and Unforgiven but the rest I never heard of.

25 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

It's for the kids man.  The 12 and 13 year olds who think Lebron is the GOAT.

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

Kids, just like the first space jam

Do kids even know who the Loony Toons are? Serious question, I don’t have kids 

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Yep definitely for kids

1FE9A0AE-C7B8-4909-9332-CE2374DF81AC.png

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yeah, I have 3 kids. 2, 7, and 9. They love watching them.

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My 13 year old has absolutely no idea.  I have been showing my 3 year old them but he seems disinterested. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My kids know the animaniacs and pinky and the brain other than that they have zero clue about any looney toons.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So typical of him that he has to do that movie.  He’s not Jordan.  Guys a doooosh.  I never saw that first movie, cause it looked like it would suck.  Not about that.  It’s about him being a Jordan wannabe.  And he’s not the Goat.  

The media tries so hard to elevate him to Jordans level.  He's a great player, an all time great but he isnt a greater player than MJ.

Flyers made a good trade.  Got a needed RHD and a good one at that in Ellis.  Goodbye to Myers and Patrick.  Makes up for Saurez blowing the save for the Phils, kinda.  

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

The media tries so hard to elevate him to Jordans level.  He's a great player, an all time great but he isnt a greater player than MJ.

I mean, I won’t debate who is better. But claiming the media hypes up LeBron and not Jordan...I mean come on. The media exalts Michael Jordan to a sickening level. He punches a dude in practice, and he gets called a great leader for it FFS. And he is the ultimate competitor - just don’t mention when he quit for 2 years. 

Wake me up when someone releases a 10 part mini-series designed to fluff LeBron. 

15 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I mean, I won’t debate who is better. But claiming the media hypes up LeBron and not Jordan...I mean come on. The media exalts Michael Jordan to a sickening level. He punches a dude in practice, and he gets called a great leader for it FFS. And he is the ultimate competitor - just don’t mention when he quit for 2 years. 

Wake me up when someone releases a 10 part mini-series designed to fluff LeBron. 

It’s a generational discussion that doesn’t really have a true answer because the game changes so much.  For my generation before the Jordan era it was a given Kareem was the greatest in most people’s eyes — but a lot of us never had a chance to watch Bill Walton, Jerry West, or even Wilt Chamberlain.

I still say Pete Sampras is the best tennis player I’ve ever seen, and Borg before him, but fans nowadays don’t know anything other than Novak, Rafa, and Roger.  

Jordan and James play a slightly different game.  Jordan was a pure scorer who also became an elite defender.  James is more of a facilitator in addition to a scorer.  They’re both jerks and I wouldn’t choose to spend 5 minutes listening to either one.  The easy answer for me is 6-0 in the Finals trumps everything else, especially when taking a sabbatical between 3-peats 

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Not sure what you're talking about but I see way, way, way more mentions of Lebron in headlines than Jordan.  It's not even close.  

As far as MJ and the media hyping him......what is there to hype?  He's considered by the majority of people to be the greatest.  There is nothing to hype.  In Lebrons case they want to put him with MJ or surpassing MJ because they know people will watch or click on an article if it involves Jordan.  That's the only reason the 2 are being compared.

11 hours ago, RLC said:

At least the Flyers have a good GM. What a trade by Fletcher. Myers/Patrick for Ellis. 

Idk about that. I don’t hate or like the trade. I understand it but I’d like it a lot more if Ellis wasn’t missing large portions of the season over the last four. In the last four years he has played 44, 82, 49 and 35 games. So 3 out of the last 4 years he has played less than 75 percent of his teams games (49 games was there stoppage year and he missed 20 games and likely more if there wasn’t the stoppage). That’s concerning considering he’s 30 and signed for 6 more years. I don’t love giving up Myers. Frankly i think Patrick wanted out based off some of his quotes and was likely not signing a long term deal here so that doesn’t bother me. 

If Seth jones would’ve committed to signing an extension i think that’s the guy the Flyers wanted. I think once he said he was testing FA next offseason they moved to plan B 

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Not sure what you're talking about but I see way, way, way more mentions of Lebron in headlines than Jordan.  It's not even close.  

As far as MJ and the media hyping him......what is there to hype?  He's considered by the majority of people to be the greatest.  There is nothing to hype.  In Lebrons case they want to put him with MJ or surpassing MJ because they know people will watch or click on an article if it involves Jordan.  That's the only reason the 2 are being compared.

LeBron hypes himself he doesn't need the Media to do it for him. 

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

LeBron hypes himself he doesn't need the Media to do it for him. 

LeBron always is playing in an era with social media where people can hype him up and he can hype himself up more. MJ didn't have that.

Just seen Space jam 2 and let me say, no it’s not a masterpiece but dammit guys what are you expecting? The co star is Bugs Bunny. I thought it was ok for what it was there was some good jokes in it like a scene hyping up Michael Jordan for it to be Michael.B.Jordan lol. 

My Kid liked it I give it a 5 out of 10 good family fun. 

19 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Just seen Space jam 2 and let me say, no it’s not a masterpiece but dammit guys what are you expecting? The co star is Bugs Bunny. I thought it was ok for what it was there was some good jokes in it like a scene hyping up Michael Jordan for it to be Michael.B.Jordan lol. 

My Kid liked it I give it a 5 out of 10 good family fun. 

I enjoyed it, fun movie. It's freaking LeBron James and looney tunes. You are just mental if you are expecting anything from it other then a couple of ok jokes. 

I won't watch space jam because I won't spend a dollar supporting LeBrons movie. 

Archived