EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Do you boo God Bless America at Flyers' games? 

No because it's not dividing the country up via race.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not really.  Those two showed real promise to very quality backups on a team with potential with further development to be able to start and not be a liability. That's no small thing, especially on the offensive line. 

They looked like journeymen.  Driscoll looked like a journeyman that couldn't stay healthy.  Herbig just looked a guy.  

They looked like journeymen.  Driscoll looked like a journeyman that couldn't stay healthy.  Herbig just looked a guy.  

Todd Herramans looked like a journeyman when he started.  

Both Herbig and Driscoll were rookies.  What kind of unrealistic expectations do you place on rookies?  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

No because it's not dividing crap up via race.  

So booing it stops that? Whereas cheering for the song that glorified killing slaves who sought freedom and British protection doesn't divide things by race.  Maybe read the lyrics of the Black National Anthem and decide if it has value rather than just knee jerking a reaction based upon your misconception of the history of the country. 

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Do you boo God Bless America at Flyers' games? 

Kate Smith version, or Lauren Hart version?

See the source image

So booing it stops that? Whereas cheering for the song that glorified killing slaves who sought freedom and British protection doesn't divide things by race.  Maybe read the lyrics of the Black National Anthem and decide if it has value rather than just knee jerking a reaction based upon your misconception of the history of the country. 

I will boo it and I hope others boo as well.  There is no need for a black national anthem.  It servers no purpose except to be divisive.  

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Todd Herramans looked like a journeyman when he started.  

Both Herbig and Driscoll were rookies.  What kind of unrealistic expectations do you place on rookies?  

They didn't look good.  I am not sure why I would expect that to change based solely on the fact that they were rookies.  I hope they improve but I didn't see anything that promising.  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I will boo it and I hope others boo as well.  There is no need for a black national anthem.  It servers no purpose except to be divisive.  

But you understand that an anthem containing lyrics that glorify killing slaves might be divisive to some people too. 

But you understand that an anthem containing lyrics that glorify killing slaves might be divisive to some people too. 

I'm not going to get into this any further because this isn't the topic/forum for it.  But it's a terrible decision for the NFL.  They have the golden goose but they learned nothing by how badly it backfired for the NBA during the bubble with this crap.  

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

See the source image

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is why you don’t post ish like like this in this forum.  OP knew what he was doing. 

I honestly wasn't trying to stir things up.  If I wanted to I would have posted my thoughts as well.  I was just sharing what I thought, is a pretty big piece of news regarding what we see on Sundays.  Other leagues did it during 2020 and then back to normal.  The NFL is going the complete other direction and adding even more.  The messaging has even made it's way and is staying in the Madden video game.  

One of the things I love about football is the aesthetics of the game.  I love how the fields look, the uniforms, the equipment and so on.  There's nothing better IMO than seeing a freshly painted Rose Bowl stadium.  It's part of the game I love.   Agree or disagree with the message but the bottom line is it has a big change on the LOOK of the NFL.  You can't not see it anymore.

23 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I honestly wasn't trying to stir things up.  If I wanted to I would have posted my thoughts as well.  I was just sharing what I thought, is a pretty big piece of news regarding what we see on Sundays.  Other leagues did it during 2020 and then back to normal.  The NFL is going the complete other direction and adding even more.  The messaging has even made it's way and is staying in the Madden video game.  

One of the things I love about football is the aesthetics of the game.  I love how the fields look, the uniforms, the equipment and so on.  There's nothing better IMO than seeing a freshly painted Rose Bowl stadium.  It's part of the game I love.   Agree or disagree with the message but the bottom line is it has a big change on the LOOK of the NFL.  You can't not see it anymore.

I go TV picture-in-picture and don’t enlarge until I see the teams lined up for the kickoff.  Every game has a scheduled kickoff, whether it’s 1:07pm, or whatever

You really don’t have to see what you don’t wish to see.  Even if I see something I don’t like I tend to exercise tolerance 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is why you don’t post ish like like this in this forum.  OP knew what he was doing. 

Yes he did, and so shocking that poster replied the way he did.

Just now, Alphagrand said:

I go TV picture-in-picture and don’t enlarge until I see the teams lined up for the kickoff.  Every game has a scheduled kickoff, whether it’s 1:07pm, or whatever

You really don’t have to see what you don’t wish to see.  Even if I see something I don’t like I tend to exercise tolerance 

I'm talking about more than the anthem though.  All of the messaging on the helmets, sideline, end zones and such.  That's the visual part I'm referring to.  The visual atmosphere of the NFL game now looks different.  

This goes back to Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I feel strongly that the NFL has good intentions with things and then BAM they know how to just hit you full force.  It started with pink gloves...that was really it.  Now look at it.  I cringe when we enter October because you know everything from the players socks to the end zones to the whistles the referee's use are all pink.  Soon enough they will have pink penalty flags during October.  

The NFL is taking a huge gamble here.  People have every right to agree or disagree and those who disagree are going to hit the NFL in the wallet.  

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm talking about more than the anthem though.  All of the messaging on the helmets, sideline, end zones and such.  That's the visual part I'm referring to.  The visual atmosphere of the NFL game now looks different.  

This goes back to Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I feel strongly that the NFL has good intentions with things and then BAM they know how to just hit you full force.  It started with pink gloves...that was really it.  Now look at it.  I cringe when we enter October because you know everything from the players socks to the end zones to the whistles the referee's use are all pink.  Soon enough they will have pink penalty flags during October.  

The NFL is taking a huge gamble here.  People have every right to agree or disagree and those who disagree are going to hit the NFL in the wallet.  

You’ve lost me at this point.  I thought raising money and awareness for cancer was a positive initiative; if that irritates you I’m not sure what to tell you 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Does that stuff really bother you?  For me it doesnt.  I mean I notice it but it's not like it's that big a deal.

You know what makes me upset?  All the fu*^ing commercials and stupid interviews.

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Never gonna happen.  Football is king, gambling on football is king.  A couple upset snow flakes is not going to have any impact on the bottom line.

32 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Does that stuff really bother you?  For me it doesnt.  I mean I notice it but it's not like it's that big a deal.

You know what makes me upset?  All the fu*^ing commercials and stupid interviews.

No, it doesn't bother me.   The point I was trying to make was from a visual standpoint.  I tried to make that clear.  I love the visual part of the game.  I have countless books on the photographic history of football and sports in general.  If the messages on the helmets, sidelines, coaches jackets and end zones are here to stay it's a significant change in how the game looks for the viewer.  That's the point I was getting at.

My initial post wasn't to get a political conversation started and I stated that. I don't want to go down that road.  

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

You’ve lost me at this point.  I thought raising money and awareness for cancer was a positive initiative; if that irritates you I’m not sure what to tell you 

Raising money and awareness is a GREAT thing...until you read the fine print.  I worked at a big box sporting goods store and the percentage of pink accessory sales that actually goes to the Susan B. Komen fund is MINISCUAL compared to how much Nike and the NFL get.  

Like I said in another post, I'm not arguing for or against the causes...I'm just talking about how the game looks from a visual standpoint.  

I have no issues with raising awareness for cancer...although you can argue, how much more awareness do we need at this point?  I don't mean that in any ignorant way.  If you don't know about breast cancer and the issues at this point I don't know what to tell you.  Also, corporations have 100% profited off of pink accessories and I'm not just talking about the NFL.  Breast Cancer products are profit minded first, awareness second.

I would love to see the NFL make a better effort at educating and raising awareness of prostate cancer.  You built the game around men and one of the biggest silent killers in all of us is hardly discussed.  

6 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Driscoll held Chase young to Zero sacks and practically also no pressures allowed. Pretty good for a journey man.

Herbig held up well when he took on Aaron Donald, again not bad for a journey man..

Yet Nate Herbig was a healthy scratch late in the season and benched for Opeta.

7 hours ago, NCiggles said:

The verse was removed. So no, it currently does not. 

Archived