EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

35 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Nothing better than being a NFL owner

down 38% from 2018 , but still printing the Benjamin’s 

Obviously, when you lose that much income, it is time to fire the Commissioner.

Wishful thinking aside, just about every other business in the entertainment business would be thrilled to have taken in that kind of revenue last year.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Honestly, I think this constant social media updating is just what the younger generation does. 

Yup.  It's annoying but it's just the way they do things.  Maybe the generation after them will realize how stupid they look and not take 10,000 pictures and videos of themselves all day.

42 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Too low.  I like how that lists other great accomplishments for holders but doesn't even mention how they cut a player on the roster at the end of the 2006 season purely to bring back Koy Detmer to hold for the playoffs.  What did he do?  He then went out to perfectly hold a number of extra points and field goals including the game winner with 2 seconds on a muddy field in the rain.  

That's one of the all time great holder moments in my opinion.  One of the great ways for one of the all time great players to cap off his career at the end of it.

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

Wasn't that due to Doug wanted to give the back-up's chance to go in and have game video to evaluate, akin to Sudfeld went in for Hurts in the last game.

No, this was middle of the season when they were still in first place in the NFCE

22 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Is the new Space Jam any good?  Looking for something to watch this weekend. 

Twelve Angry Men, High Plains Drifter, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, The Shining, Bridge On The River Kwai, Unforgiven, The Godfather, The Meaning Of Life, Rear Window ……

I can’t imagine how far down the list I’d need to go before Space Jam became an option.

46 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Twelve Angry Men, High Plains Drifter, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, The Shining, Bridge On The River Kwai, Unforgiven, The Godfather, The Meaning Of Life, Rear Window ……

I can’t imagine how far down the list I’d need to go before Space Jam became an option.

I dont think I'd ever really watch it.  I'd have to be really, really bored.  

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Yup.  It's annoying but it's just the way they do things.  Maybe the generation after them will realize how stupid they look and not take 10,000 pictures and videos of themselves all day.

I REALLY hope this generation we are going through is just a giant hiccup in the timeline of life and reality settles back in at some point.  It's not so much that everyone in this generation is in the me first/self-absorbed/look at me/post everything category but it's all of those people who are that are controlling so much.  They somehow have become the loudest voice in the room and in the rest of society caves to their needs.  If you ever come across someone live streaming or creating YouTube content in person it's almost cringeworthy.  I feel embarrassed for them.

Regarding Hurts being part of that generation...he's currently on what appears to be a once a month 10-15 second hype video schedule.  He seems humble when he speaks but at the same time, posting videos is the opposite.  I honestly don't care.  It's all silly.  I didn't care about the lack of Carson's social media presence either.  What I find amusing is the media hype train it creates.  The Philly media is THRILLED to have a young, hip, cool  quarterback to write about instead of an aww shucks guy from North Dakota.  They are going to do everything in their power to prop him up whereas it felt like there was a constant want to bring Carson down.  Carson didn't help himself either but that's not the point right now.

Can you imagine a young Randall Cunningham or Jerome Brown if they had social media?  Would Reggie White have been accepted for the open Christian that he was had he used twitter to spread his word?  I can imagine Buddy Ryan would have had some strict no social media rules.  

What a weird hill to die on.  Hate Nick Foles to the point of getting banned on the old board after he wins a Lombardi, but Koy Detmer is the GOAT.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I REALLY hope this generation we are going through is just a giant hiccup in the timeline of life and reality settles back in at some point.  It's not so much that everyone in this generation is in the me first/self-absorbed/look at me/post everything category but it's all of those people who are that are controlling so much.  They somehow have become the loudest voice in the room and in the rest of society caves to their needs.  If you ever come across someone live streaming or creating YouTube content in person it's almost cringeworthy.  I feel embarrassed for them.

Regarding Hurts being part of that generation...he's currently on what appears to be a once a month 10-15 second hype video schedule.  He seems humble when he speaks but at the same time, posting videos is the opposite.  I honestly don't care.  It's all silly.  I didn't care about the lack of Carson's social media presence either.  What I find amusing is the media hype train it creates.  The Philly media is THRILLED to have a young, hip, cool  quarterback to write about instead of an aww shucks guy from North Dakota.  They are going to do everything in their power to prop him up whereas it felt like there was a constant want to bring Carson down.  Carson didn't help himself either but that's not the point right now.

Can you imagine a young Randall Cunningham or Jerome Brown if they had social media?  Would Reggie White have been accepted for the open Christian that he was had he used twitter to spread his word?  I can imagine Buddy Ryan would have had some strict no social media rules.  

It’s perfectly fine to be Christian on social media. The only time it’s ever an issue is if someone is using their religion to spread hate. 

Social media isn’t going anywhere though. Just have to adapt. 

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I really don’t get the feeling that Hurts is embraced more by the Philly media than Carson was.  Seems he gets more criticism than Carson faced going into his second year.  

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What a weird hill to die on.  Hate Nick Foles to the point of getting banned on the old board after he wins a Lombardi, but Koy Detmer is the GOAT.

And that's why no one takes him seriously.

27 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The Philly media is THRILLED to have a young, hip, cool  quarterback to write about instead of an aww shucks guy from North Dakota.  They are going to do everything in their power to prop him up whereas it felt like there was a constant want to bring Carson down.  Carson didn't help himself either but that's not the point right now.

This is one really warped view of reality. And it truly is an amazing leap from "a guy posts a video on instagram" to "the media was part of a conspiracy to run Carson out of town."

Happy Birthday Donald Sutherland, who turns 86 today.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Too low.  I like how that lists other great accomplishments for holders but doesn't even mention how they cut a player on the roster at the end of the 2006 season purely to bring back Koy Detmer to hold for the playoffs.  What did he do?  He then went out to perfectly hold a number of extra points and field goals including the game winner with 2 seconds on a muddy field in the rain.  

That's one of the all time great holder moments in my opinion.  One of the great ways for one of the all time great players to cap off his career at the end of it.

and he was a legendary ass slapper

4 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He was the greatest holder of all time and honestly should be recognized in the Hall of Fame for it.  No one else took that craft as professionally as Koy did and no one else was as great as he was due to that. 

He was a great holder….Of these nuts…GOT’EMM! 

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Anything from the turn of the Centry? Sheesh..

15 minutes ago, RLC said:

At least the Flyers have a good GM. What a trade by Fletcher. Myers/Patrick for Ellis. 

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.  They gave up on Myers too quickly, who had top-4 potential and is only 24.  Patrick was dead weight.  In return they get to pay $7M per year to another over 30 player.  

C- trade.  Ellis would need to anchor the defense for 5 years to make it a B grade or better — and Shea Weber, he is not.  The trade has the potential to be an F.  This is a trade made out of desperation 

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.  They gave up on Myers too quickly, who had top-4 potential and is only 24.  Patrick was dead weight.  In return they get to pay $7M per year to another over 30 player.  

C- trade.  Ellis would need to anchor the defense for 5 years to make it a B grade or better — and Shea Weber, he is not.  The trade has the potential to be an F.  This is a trade made out of desperation 

This tends to be the organization's MO.

I still like the dispatcher from yesterday 

It will be interesting how the NFLs social justice stance goes over to full stadiums for the first time.  If its anything like football over here, the diversity of opinion away from the media and players narrative, got steadily more divisive as games went on.  I'm not the only one waiting to see if England's players complain about the World Cup being held in Qatar, but they live in such an inward looking bubble, most will think it's a holiday destination near Abu Dhabi.

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Happy Birthday Donald Sutherland, who turns 86 today.

Kelley’s Hero’s is one of the best movies of all time. What a cast. 

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

Anything from the turn of the Centry? Sheesh..

Many — but the quality of Hollywood films over the past 30 years is unquestionably inferior to the classic era.  Movies are made purely with the box office bottom line in mind — very few true original great films compared to previous eras 

Archived