EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

image.gif.5e8f661f5b9d304a9aa86b03abc7555a.gif

Imagine being a pro and posting a hype video of yourself when the overall results were mixed at best. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Imagine being a pro and posting a hype video of yourself when the overall results were mixed at best. 

It’s worked so well for Ben Simmons and his jumper the last 4 offseasons. Don’t see how it doesn’t work! 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hustlers don’t keep bragging and posting videos of themselves on social media.  

This is the biggest red flag to date. 

49 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

18 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Overrated isn't the term I would use, but I think people are overrating what his impact would be on his own.  He and Dak have both thrown the ball all over the yard the past few seasons and haven't won anything.  The Texans are a crapshow, but their on-field weapons have been a lot better than what Watson would have to work with here.  They only scored 30+ points 5 times last season (including the last two games), so it's not like they were losing 45-42 every week.

30+ only 5 times last season?!? What a travesty!!! (I’m being sarcastic….)

10 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No because it's not dividing the country up via race.  

I boo Koy Detmer cause he’s a ball of suck. 

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's a good Greg Ward highlight video.  I kid.  I'm routing for Hurts, I want him to be the guy. Would love to not have to answer about QB for the next decade and be able to use all of the assets we have for building the team around him.  With that being said, as a quarterback, if half of your highlight reel is you trucking or trying to run over a defender, that isn't a great sign....and I love running quarterbacks.  

He sure does love putting hype videos out about himself.  

I have no problem with the hype videos. Younger adults and kids like that stuff. Nothing wrong with interacting with his fan base.

It’s just like the people in their 30s hating on the new space jam. The content is not for you.

5 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

30+ only 5 times last season?!? What a travesty!!! (I’m being sarcastic….)

The discussion was that the Texans defense was so putrid he had no chance to win more games; there were quite a few where the points put up weren't as gaudy as Watson's stats

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

I have no problem with the hype videos. Younger adults and kids like that stuff. Nothing wrong with interacting with his fan base.

It’s just like the people in their 30s hating on the new space jam. The content is not for you.

That’s a great way to put it. 

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yet Nate Herbig was a healthy scratch late in the season and benched for Opeta.

Wasn't that due to Doug wanted to give the back-up's chance to go in and have game video to evaluate, akin to Sudfeld went in for Hurts in the last game.

Nothing better than being a NFL owner

down 38% from 2018 , but still printing the Benjamin’s 

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

They took a loss. This is just revenue not profit. 

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

down 38% from 2018 , but still printing the Benjamin’s 

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

They took a loss. This is just revenue not profit. 

It sucks when you're closing in on yearly revenue 2x what you paid for the team and you're taking a loss. Team is currently (estimated) valued at 3.1 billion. I know Lurie loves being an NFL owner and so he might view it as now playing with house money - but from a purely business perspective - it's probably time to sell.

They loss close to 4 billion in revenue , I don’t think they loss money as in negative income 

revenue was down from 16 billion to 12 billion 

i believe each team missed out on a 100 million year to year , not negative income 

6 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

I boo Koy Detmer cause he’s a ball of suck. 

He was the greatest holder of all time and honestly should be recognized in the Hall of Fame for it.  No one else took that craft as professionally as Koy did and no one else was as great as he was due to that. 

12 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

It sucks when you're closing in on yearly revenue 2x what you paid for the team and you're taking a loss. Team is currently (estimated) valued at 3.1 billion. I know Lurie loves being an NFL owner and so he might view it as now playing with house money - but from a purely business perspective - it's probably time to sell.

Lurie is 69. Even if got 4 billion dollars, what exactly is he going to do with it?

It's not like he can't finance other projects he wants to do. 

13 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Team owners only sell if they need liquidity or get recorded saying racist things by their gold-digging mistresses.  Lurie has no need or motivation to sell; being the Eagles’ owner gives him the platform and influence to drive his other initiatives — whatever they might be.

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Honestly, I think this constant social media updating is just what the younger generation does. 

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So earlier a lot of the people complaining about Hurts’ posts on social media were complaining about the radio silence from Wentz.   Post or don’t post?  What do we want from our QB.   Hurts is clearly trying to market himself,to,skeptics as a person willing to do what it takes to be a quality starting QB in the league.  I am not sold that he will succeed, but as a person that regularly pointed out that it really didn’t seem like Carson put in the work to fix his flaws, I have some confidence that Hurts is willing to put in the work.  Doesn’t guarantee he can read Ds faster and more accurately, place his passes better, trust his OL or fix his turnovers, but it does suggest if hard work will help him get better, he will.  

Guess some miss Carson’s posts about clearing his land with his little bobcat type tractor (says something for the quality of those little commercials that I don’t remember the brand).

Lurie borrowed every dime to purchase the Eagles , his family name allowed it , he had nowhere near the wealth the average owner does , the eagles are his wealth 

2 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Is the new Space Jam any good?  Looking for something to watch this weekend. 

Archived