**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, iladelphxx said:

If theyre trading Harris, Sabonis or Collins would be very nice.

This is a much more mature Joel this year.  I have never seen him do a monster dunk with an and 1 and then just power walk to the line without the theatrics.

[Mooncey]Per a source in Simmons camp: his preferred teams in the West are Dallas & GSW. He realises GSW is highly unlikely and thinks Philly’s asking price is too steep. Fears the 76ers may not trade him at all.

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

[Mooncey]Per a source in Simmons camp: his preferred teams in the West are Dallas & GSW. He realises GSW is highly unlikely and thinks Philly’s asking price is too steep. Fears the 76ers may not trade him at all.

No problem. Give us Clay or Luka and its a done deal!

• Like 1

Kings are pushing for a playoff bid when they really should be tearing it down so let them take on Harris contract. Fox hasn't played well this year at all, but last year he was at 25 and 7 assists and on the verge of breaking out. I wonder if he has given up and tired of playing for a crap organization in the Kings. 

Barnes has a better deal than Harris and is a better shooter. They might be able to get a pick swap as well out of the deal. 

Screenshot_20220113-100942.png

• Like 1

[Wojnarowski] Some teams have even described the Sixers' asking price for a Simmons' deal as growing in price - not declining, sources told ESPN.

renderTimingPixel.png

The Sixers are targeting top 25-caliber players for trades, but those kinds of assets have yet to be made available to them in offers, sources said. Some teams have even described the Sixers' asking price for a Simmons' deal as growing in price - not declining, sources told ESPN

[Trysta Krick] Spoke to Jake Fischer about this and it appears Daryl Morey is aligned not just with ownership but Joel Embiid too. They’ll let Ben rot before lowering the asking price

• Like 4

damn. would've been nice to take chance on reddish. oh well. we still have shake & korkmaz as wings off the bench.  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

damn. would've been nice to take chance on reddish. oh well. we still have shake & korkmaz as wings off the bench.  :ph34r:

Right. He still has a ton of upside. 

I wonder if this is a precursor to a larger move for Atlanta.  If they are amassing assets for a consolidation trade with the Sixers or another team and that team preferred the pick to the player, this makes more sense.  Otherwise, this seems like a bad deal for Atlanta.

8 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I wonder if this is a precursor to a larger move for Atlanta.  If they are amassing assets for a consolidation trade with the Sixers or another team and that team preferred the pick to the player, this makes more sense.  Otherwise, this seems like a bad deal for Atlanta.

I thought Reddish would be a bigger part of a package not given away for free. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I thought Reddish would be a bigger part of a package not given away for free. 

Me too but just trying to think of a scenario where this trade makes sense, unless the entire NBA is a lot lower on Reddish than we are.

4 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Me too but just trying to think of a scenario where this trade makes sense, unless the entire NBA is a lot lower on Reddish than we are.

If I was the Sixers I would want to take a flyer on Reddish. He is shooting 38% from 3 and 12ppg in 23 minutes. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

atl didn't want to pay reddish this offseason. 

Of course, but to trade a former top 5 pick  for a lottery protected pick just seems off. 

They probably could have gotten a veteran lead guard or a position where they need a guy to help Trae. 

As @Shepard Wong said this screams of making a bigger move, but why trade away an asset that a team could use and want. 

46 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Got him for nothing 

This is the pick 

2022 first round draft pick from Charlotte
Charlotte's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2022, 1-16 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025; if Charlotte has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, then Charlotte will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round draft pick to New York [Charlotte-New York, 7/30/2021]

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

No problem. Give us Clay or Luka and its a done deal!

I’m failing to see the issue here. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This is the pick 

2022 first round draft pick from Charlotte
Charlotte's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2022, 1-16 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025; if Charlotte has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, then Charlotte will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round draft pick to New York [Charlotte-New York, 7/30/2021]

That’s a sheet pick

• Like 1

Some rival teams have described the asking price of the Philadelphia 76ers for Ben Simmons to be "growing in price -- not declining," according to sources that spoke with Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Seriously, wtf?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Some rival teams have described the asking price of the Philadelphia 76ers for Ben Simmons to be "growing in price -- not declining," according to sources that spoke with Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Seriously, wtf?

The problem stopped being Simmons months ago and became Morey and Glenn.