Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly the only trade that made sense for the sixers outside of their lust for harden was kings deal for haliburton and hield.

I don’t think short term they would’ve been any better off than they are now. Because Halliburton like maxey was going to go through playoff growing pains. At 22 years old and never playing in the playoffs, he was going to have to go through the growing pains. Like maxey it was probably going to take two years to get to the point of where they legitimately are big-time stars ready for the postseason. Which is fine but by the time that happens you don’t know what Joel Embiid was gonna be.

Frankly I still would’ve taken that chance and hope that embiid is the same guy at 30  or just slightly decreased and you have those two guys as your backcourt as i think haliburton is going to eventually be a star. Unfortunately morey/Rubin/sixers overlooked what harden actually was now and dismissed it as he was unhappy in Brooklyn. 

And Buddy was actually playing off the bounce for Indy which shocked me. I think he  can do more than shoot. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I know we were speculating about trading for Butler after all of the drama that happened with the heat a few months ago, but I'm seriously starting to wonder wonder if Embiid would ever demand a trade to Miami to play with Butler 

I’ve been saying for a while i think he is going to asked to be traded within the next 2-3 years when he realizes the sixers don’t have assets and cap and picks to make this team a legitimate contender. The issue for the sixers is if they wait to trade him 2-3 years down the road, he might not be the same player anymore and you might not gonna get the type of package you’d want and need to build around maxey.

There’s also the chance if he asks out and is still playing at that level then you hope you can get a AD type of package. However i don’t see him in 2-3 years playing at this level at 31. Nor teams giving up that type of package with his injury history and age. 

I think the Sixers currently are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Because you’re never going to trade Joel Embiid right now because he is too great of a player and they believe that they can probably build a team around him that’s a title contender. However the best package you might ultimately get is right now. in two years or three years he might decline enough and his contract being what it is where the market isn’t as great and you get minimal return for him. 

I know I sound super negative but I look at this roster over the last two years, the moves made and I say to myself I don’t see a path after trading away their last big trade piece in Ben Simmons to getting this team to being a legitimate title contender over the next two years. I think they are stuck in a purgatory of being a second round team and eventually embiid like Barkley says he’s has had enough.

 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And Buddy was actually playing off the bounce for Indy which shocked me. I think he  can do more than shoot. 

The one thing about that kings trade I think they actually are better off in the moment then the current team they constructed is you could move Danny Green to the bench. Now your bench is better cause he is a good 7th guy off the bench at this stage of his career and curry comes off the bench as well. And you don’t have to play him the minutes he was playing in the playoffs and potentially get him injured or rely as heavily on him. And Buddy hield gave you the shooting and spacing that you ultimately needed going forward and helped with the bench. However the inexperience around embiid at playoff time would’ve caught up to the sixers. Do think 2 years down the road the sixers would’ve been much better off though. 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The one thing about that kings trade I think they actually are better off in the moment then the current team they constructed is you could move Danny Green to the bench. Now your bench is better cause he is a good 7th guy off the bench at this stage of his career and curry comes off the bench as well. And you don’t have to play him the minutes he was playing in the playoffs and potentially get him injured or rely as heavily on him. And Buddy hield gave you the shooting and spacing that you ultimately needed going forward and helped with the bench. However the inexperience around embiid at playoff time would’ve caught up to the sixers. Do think 2 years down the road the sixers would’ve been much better off though. 

Lost experience but then didn't have to play Thybulle and have a guard that can beat someone off the dribble. 

Thybulle is the Sixers best asset and he should be on the block. Are definitely a few teams that still love him 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lost experience but then didn't have to play Thybulle and have a guard that can beat someone off the dribble. 

Thybulle is the Sixers best asset and he should be on the block. Are definitely a few teams that still love him 

I am sure there is some team out there that wants them. I’m not sure what you’re gonna get back. Ideally you want a 3 and D wing. But I’m guessing you aren’t getting that for thybulle. Probably a one dimensional wing player.  the Sixers defense is as much of a problem as some of the other issues on this team.

I don’t know I hate saying it but I don’t see the Sixers going anywhere. I feel like they’re spinning their tires in the mud and you’re just wasting embiid’s career from here on out. You don’t have the requisite assets/cap to build a championship team anymore. Your time to do that was from 2017 to the Ben Simmons trade. And they failed miserably at it. I feel bad for embiid cause they are going to waste his prime years on a roster that’s stuck in a second round purgatory. 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The Jay Wright thing is only echoed by the dumbest of dumb.  

I posted it for the Doc asked them not to quit and they did. He sucks

37 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

How mad does this make you

 

 

I mean....he's wrong though. It was Ben Simmons over him.

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Toby showed up all playoffs. Rivers and Harden MUST go- start there and work in some other things. But START with Harden and Rivers. If they are here next year, I'm taking a year of 76er watching OFF. No lie.

All the more reason to trade Harris now. Trade Hardin. Fire Rivers.

In the end of the day The Process netted three key chips to play. One went to Embiid, a great player but not enough to win on his own. The other two were disasters with Simmons and Fultz. Thru various maneuvers we obtain Harris and a washed up Harden. The end net result is a playoff team that is not of championship caliber. A total waste of time and energy. A big red F. 

24 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I mean....he's wrong though. It was Ben Simmons over him.

There was also a report that came out during that time that said Tobias Harris would not come back if Jimmy Butler came back. 

10 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

In the end of the day The Process netted three key chips to play. One went to Embiid, a great player but not enough to win on his own. The other two were disasters with Simmons and Fultz. Thru various maneuvers we obtain Harris and a washed up Harden. The end net result is a playoff team that is not of championship caliber. A total waste of time and energy. A big red F. 

I would argue the theory of the process made sense and would’ve worked if you had better ownership, better general manager and better decision makers. The 76ers had a treasure chest of assets. If you use those draft picks, cap space and trade assets wisely you could’ve built a title contender that was sustainable for the next decade.

ownership  flip-flopped on the process because the NBA bullied them and they didn’t have the balls to step up to them. So it changed course halfway through and colangelo took over who was pushed upon the sixers and really did a bad job. Then they gave people like Brett Brown and Elton Brand way too much power even though they wouldn’t listen to brand when he wanted to trade Simmons when he took the job. And it was finally too late. the last trade asset they had was Simmons. they and morey only wanted the big time star in harden. And botched that.

I will fight to the end if you do the process and you have better decision makers and better ownership I think the Sixers right now could be a consistent title contender. The problem is you had bad ownership, bad general managers and bad decision-making. Plus instead of being tough on their players they baby them as an organization. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There was also a report that came out during that time that said Tobias Harris would not come back if Jimmy Butler came back. 

Yeah, but I don't think they would have picked Harris over him unless it came down to Simmons and his psyche. They had the Hurts he can get better mindset.

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, but I don't think they would have picked Harris over him unless it came down to Simmons and his psyche. They had the Hurts he can get better mindset.

 I think this comes down to two things. One they chose Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler. But tied to that, they chose Tobias Harris being 3 years younger than Jimmy Butler and him being on a five-year close to max contract would play out better over the long-haul of the contract. They believed Jimmy Butler who by the end of that Max would be 34 and likely on the decline whereas Harris would still be in his prime. Which one of the coaches who was on that staff told me they didn’t want to give Jimmy Butler a five-year Max. they didn’t think in the last couple years that contract butler would be worth it. That’s why they chose to give a 5 year contract close to max to Tobias Harris and not Jimmy Butler. Was also the me or butler ultimatum where harris was leaving if butler came back cause both weren’t getting 5 year near max contracts. 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would argue the theory of the process made sense and would’ve worked if you had better ownership, better general manager and better decision makers. The 76ers had a treasure chest of assets. If you use those draft picks, cap space and trade assets wisely you could’ve built a title contender that was sustainable for the next decade.

ownership  flip-flopped on the process because the NBA bullied them and they didn’t have the balls to step up to them. So it changed course halfway through and colangelo took over who was pushed upon the sixers and really did a bad job. Then they gave people like Brett Brown and Elton Brand way too much power even though they wouldn’t listen to brand when he wanted to trade Simmons when he took the job. And it was finally too late. the last trade asset they had was Simmons. they and morey only wanted the big time star in harden. And botched that.

I will fight to the end if you do the process and you have better decision makers and better ownership I think the Sixers right now could be a consistent title contender. The problem is you had bad ownership, bad general managers and bad decision-making. Plus instead of being tough on their players they baby them as an organization. 

I’m simply talking about the Sixers results. I’m not debating the tactic itself. 

Just now, DrPhilly said:

I’m simply talking about the Sixers results. I’m not debating the tactic itself. 

yup. I think the tactic and collecting the assets was really smart cause the sixers were going nowhere but staying as a fringe playoff team. I think bad GMs and bad ownership spoiled what could’ve been. 

 

Brutal 

 

  • Author
4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was expecting JR’s list to be revealed but this is juicer. 

JR?

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Harden was just asked about opting in, and 47 million dollars. Was directly asked if he is willing to take less to help the team build. He said whatever it takes to help this team get better.

So... maybe there actually is a chance. We will see. 

I mean he can start by him actually being better or no? 

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

James Harden had 11 points.  11!!!   You fools, you know who you are, the "real Sixers fan”. You’re really quiet right now.  You told us all how Harden is a great player and that I don’t know or follow basketball. Got all pissed off when I called him a malcontent loser and out of shape.  I’ll say that if you’re going to just blame the Hammy all this time, then that would mean he wasn’t in shape.  One of ya will receive an IM from me in the coming days. The other can just F off.  
 

People are going to learn.  They’re tired of hearing it.  But it doesn’t get old.  

You have been more patient with this than I have lol. I was waiting for this unleash. They both ran their mouths when Harden had that one good game. Then the second half collapse in a big game happened like effing clock work!. 

The hilarious part is that one big game he had the even the broadcast team was shocked at how well Harden was playing in the second half because everyone knows he is horrendous in the second half of big games and that was his whole career not since the nets made his tummy hurt with to many minutes for his fat lazy ass!

There that's my unleash! 

Same 2 mocked me because I had concerns about depth and rebounding and that's all I said is I was concerned.... Gee what was the effing downfall of this team besides harden and rivers ( hated that hire when it was just rumors he was coming here) ? The atrocious bench and lack of rebounding! 

We must not watch basketball tho!!!

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

James Harden had 11 points.  11!!!   You fools, you know who you are, the "real Sixers fan”. You’re really quiet right now.  You told us all how Harden is a great player and that I don’t know or follow basketball. Got all pissed off when I called him a malcontent loser and out of shape.  I’ll say that if you’re going to just blame the Hammy all this time, then that would mean he wasn’t in shape.  One of ya will receive an IM from me in the coming days. The other can just F off.  
 

People are going to learn.  They’re tired of hearing it.  But it doesn’t get old.  

Yep.  Bunch of bozos on here too obsessed with getting star names,  like Morey.

Out of every other reported trade offer,  we made the worst one. 

  • Author
28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yep.  Bunch of bozos on here too obsessed with getting star names,  like Morey.

Out of every other reported trade offer,  we made the worst one. 

Yep.  And the best part is, that he’s not a star.  

6 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I mean....he's wrong though. It was Ben Simmons over him.

You know more than Butler? Why would he yell that in the heat of the moment when he is fired up and all emotions

Like come one lol

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I am sure there is some team out there that wants them. I’m not sure what you’re gonna get back. Ideally you want a 3 and D wing. But I’m guessing you aren’t getting that for thybulle. Probably a one dimensional wing player.  the Sixers defense is as much of a problem as some of the other issues on this team.

I don’t know I hate saying it but I don’t see the Sixers going anywhere. I feel like they’re spinning their tires in the mud and you’re just wasting embiid’s career from here on out. You don’t have the requisite assets/cap to build a championship team anymore. Your time to do that was from 2017 to the Ben Simmons trade. And they failed miserably at it. I feel bad for embiid cause they are going to waste his prime years on a roster that’s stuck in a second round purgatory. 

You need athleticism on the wings. Doesn't matter if he can shoot well or not. Dillon Brooks might be available but not sure Grizzlies need Thybulle 

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I mean....he's wrong though. It was Ben Simmons over him.

I thought it was we can’t afford Butler and Harris then the Butler/Simmons drama helped the decision of bringing back Harris over Butler. 

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

James Harden had 11 points.  11!!!   You fools, you know who you are, the "real Sixers fan”. You’re really quiet right now.  You told us all how Harden is a great player and that I don’t know or follow basketball. Got all pissed off when I called him a malcontent loser and out of shape.  I’ll say that if you’re going to just blame the Hammy all this time, then that would mean he wasn’t in shape.  One of ya will receive an IM from me in the coming days. The other can just F off.  
 

People are going to learn.  They’re tired of hearing it.  But it doesn’t get old.  

I’m right here. Call me all the names you want. I’m ready for whatever avatar you pick. We will make another bet about Harden next year. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.