Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

46 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You know more than Butler? Why would he yell that in the heat of the moment when he is fired up and all emotions

Like come one lol

It's certainly an interesting twist the the story,  and maybe true. 

But he also may not have known the internal discussions of the team when they realized if they kept butler,  Ben wouldn't stay.

What butler saw was tobi get a contract.  What he may not have known is that they choose Simmons and knew he would leave,  so that was their reasoning for paying Tobi over butler. In reality,  choose Ben over him. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

 

"James Harden’s house is worth a WHOPPING $160 million!”: 76ers star loves spending the big bucks on bling, wings and str*ppers

On 5/11/2022 at 4:49 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Starting lineups from last night 

9BEF9B34-5E64-4AB9-BA00-99727E2AC18E.jpeg

ok, i forgot al about this sleeping fan. though i may have imagined it as i was high AF watching that game. 

 

glad to know i actually saw that. :roll:

 

 

edit; man, thankfully the process got this team beyond the 2nd round, because otherwise ..... 

I just wanna point out while some of you are pounding your chests about how right you are/were about Harden, etc that you also predicated the Sixers would win this series in 6 :roll: 

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

I just wanna point out while some of you are pounding your chests about how right you are/were about Harden, etc that you also predicated the Sixers would win this series in 6 :roll: 

It's very possible to be right about the team making wrong moves,  but still have hopes for our favorite team to surpass our expectations as well. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's very possible to be right about the team making wrong moves,  but still have hopes for our favorite team to surpass our expectations as well. 

I know man I'm just messing with you

Anyway - I feel for Joel.  He can be a baby at times but the dude has been a perennial MVP candidate.  With the slop they're running out there with him year after year though he's never gonna break through.  Need Maxey to take the next step and burn the rest of it to the ground, start over and hope they hit on a few guys.  

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You need athleticism on the wings. Doesn't matter if he can shoot well or not. Dillon Brooks might be available but not sure Grizzlies need Thybulle 

Agree needs athleticism. I disagree he doesn’t need to shoot well. If he can’t be just average  shooting to keep the defense honest then in the playoffs you are going to have issues spacing and much tougher for the offense in general. Thybulle’s inability to just be average and consistent made him harder to play especially in the playoffs where teams are fine leaving him open and daring him to beat them. (I don’t think the sixers wanted to play danny green on average 30 mins a night in the playoffs). And making it harder for embiid and spacing on the floor.

Bodner had a pretty good discussion about this before the end of the regular season before thybulle completely fell apart after the vaccine issue. Neubeck also went into detail about it on the radio and why green was getting overused (in the Miami series) and they were too dependent on him because he could at least be a threat as a shooter and thybulle just couldn’t consistently (besides thybulle just completely falling apart overall after the vaccine incident). Saw in games 3 and 4 what Danny could do to help the offense when he was hitting open looks. Thybulle can’t do that. It’s why it’s sad the sixers had to be so reliant the last two years on a 33 and 34 year old green. Who’s lost athleticism but at least is a threat in the halfcourt offense

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JR?

On the blog he was making a list to call people out when the sixers beat Miami. Cause a lot of us predicted Miami would win. 

  • Author
20 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I just wanna point out while some of you are pounding your chests about how right you are/were about Harden, etc that you also predicated the Sixers would win this series in 6 :roll: 

Hi passive aggressive guy.  I know you don't want to be "bullied" so I'll be as nice as I can be.  I predicted them to win in 6 after game 4 because I saw what little the Heat had other than Hero and Jimmy.  Little did I know that Embiid would pout and Harden would quit as much as he did.  And of course Glenn.  Or maybe we should just sit by and not post anything to avoid being "bullied".  Is that how it works?  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hi passive aggressive guy.  I know you don't want to be "bullied" so I'll be as nice as I can be.  I predicted them to win in 6 after game 4 because I saw what little the Heat had other than Hero and Jimmy.  Little did I know that Embiid would pout and Harden would quit as much as he did.  And of course Glenn.  Or maybe we should just sit by and not post anything to avoid being "bullied".  Is that how it works?  

Hi can dish it out but can't take it guy.  I don't give an ish what you say to or about me, I just enjoy poking at you because a) like I said you can dish it out but can't take it and b) you spend most of your time constantly posting about how "right" you are on things that I enjoy the hell out of pointing out when you're wrong.  Good day, sir :-)

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

James Harden had 11 points.  11!!!   You fools, you know who you are, the "real Sixers fan”. You’re really quiet right now.  You told us all how Harden is a great player and that I don’t know or follow basketball. Got all pissed off when I called him a malcontent loser and out of shape.  I’ll say that if you’re going to just blame the Hammy all this time, then that would mean he wasn’t in shape.  One of ya will receive an IM from me in the coming days. The other can just F off.  
 

People are going to learn.  They’re tired of hearing it.  But it doesn’t get old.  

 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hi passive aggressive guy.  I know you don't want to be "bullied" so I'll be as nice as I can be.  I predicted them to win in 6 after game 4 because I saw what little the Heat had other than Hero and Jimmy.  Little did I know that Embiid would pout and Harden would quit as much as he did.  And of course Glenn.  Or maybe we should just sit by and not post anything to avoid being "bullied".  Is that how it works?  

Pot, meet kettle; kettle, meet pot : r/memes

 

:roll: 

embiid - mopey and hurt 

harden - toast

maxey - young, not quite there yet 

thybelle - simmons minus the vag

harris - overpaid and mediocre 

the remainder of the roster - toast and/or crap 

rivers - crap 

morey - overhyped social media diva  

 

 

 

 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Hi can dish it out but can't take it guy.  I don't give an ish what you say to or about me, I just enjoy poking at you because a) like I said you can dish it out but can't take it and b) you spend most of your time constantly posting about how "right" you are on things that I enjoy the hell out of pointing out when you're wrong.  Good day, sir :-)

Yeah.  I’m a fool for believing that broke ass Harden and bum ass Rivers cared.  And like all of us, I thought Embiid was past his pouty ways. Silly me.  I can take anything you throw my way, if you had the nuts to take a position on anything.    Now don’t go in another thread and cry about being "bullied” again.  
 

 

  • Author
6 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

 

Pot, meet kettle; kettle, meet pot : r/memes

 

:roll: 

Pot and kettle.   Wow.  That’s crazy bro 😎 
 

 

060889AF-28F8-4AF0-9FC1-DE5A233B2A76.gif

Just now, Gannan said:

 

Someone needs to tell him about the hammy.  

 

 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

I’m right here. Call me all the names you want. I’m ready for whatever avatar you pick. We will make another bet about Harden next year. 

I only lumped you in because of your tantrum that one day.  You’re alright in my book.  I’ll be nice.  

I was on a plane & missed the game...sounds like about what I expected. looking forward to the off-season queefing....and all the imaginary deals they "could've" had for simmons that would've resulted in a parade down broad street.  :roll:

:roll:
 

 

19 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

embiid - mopey and hurt 

harden - toast

maxey - young, not quite there yet 

thybelle - simmons minus the vag

harris - overpaid and mediocre 

the remainder of the roster - toast and/or crap 

rivers - crap 

morey - overhyped social media diva  

 

 

 

way too accurate...harden was the stah morey wanted to pair with embiid...but he sucked. this team is kind of f'd!  there's my queef.

So Sixers fans... Do you think changing the coach can give you a better chance next year?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So Sixers fans... Do you think changing the coach can give you a better chance next year?

Not if it's the one they want to change it too

54 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I just wanna point out while some of you are pounding your chests about how right you are/were about Harden, etc that you also predicated the Sixers would win this series in 6 :roll: 

I didn't, just cause they won games that they should have against the freaking raptors without their all star didn't give me any confidence they could do sheet with the Heat. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So Sixers fans... Do you think changing the coach can give you a better chance next year?

It can't hurt. Embiid, Maxey, and Harden will be back. Otherwise they need new personnel and a new coach. Miami played the same zone defense the entire series. The only solution the Sixers had was to shoot over it. When they weren't hitting deep shots, they couldn't get the offense going. Meanwhile Miami was running multiple sets on offense to scheme guys open and get them paths to the hoop. Rivers was thoroughly outcoached. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.