Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Phillies have a better roster.  But they both have veteran HC/Managers that are living off of their past accomplishments and think they are better that what they actually are.  

The roster is far too power hitter heavy with little regard for pitching, especially the bullpen. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

 

 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, nipples said:

The roster is far too power hitter heavy with little regard for pitching, especially the bullpen. 

Bullpen!?     Really.  Hmm.  Never thought of that.  

10 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

I think it’s gotta be beal as the big star. Makes the most sense and embiid wants him. I believe beal and him are good friends too. I wonder with a Washington trade what else Washington would be willing to include for bench purposes. 

16 minutes ago, nipples said:

The roster is far too power hitter heavy with little regard for pitching, especially the bullpen. 

The Phillies trying to solve the bullpen year after year is that jt realmuto gif 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bullpen!?     Really.  Hmm.  Never thought of that.  

I know, shocking. 

I believe the 6ers will obtain another star next year. I dont know if its in place of Harden, or if he actually takes 18-19M less per year to allow them to sign another max.

If he stays, and the most likely star to add is Beal, can we actually run a 3 guard lineup?

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I believe the 6ers will obtain another star next year. I dont know if its in place of Harden, or if he actually takes 18-19M less per year to allow them to sign another max.

If he stays, and the most likely star to add is Beal, can we actually run a 3 guard lineup?

If it's Beal, no. 

I dont know how this guy plans to end up with this roster, but toughness is certainly added.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Twitter insidercory Cory with the Ball. The 2022-23 76ers roster will look like: James Harden Tyrese Maxey Mikal Bridges Jae Crowder Joel Embiid Pat Beverley A developed Jaden Springer/Isaiah Joe Shake Milton Pj Tucker Paul Reed'

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I believe the 6ers will obtain another star next year. I dont know if its in place of Harden, or if he actually takes 18-19M less per year to allow them to sign another max.

If he stays, and the most likely star to add is Beal, can we actually run a 3 guard lineup?

I’d say no. Neither Beal nor Maxey can really play the wing. Neither has the size. That’s why, if Harden stays, Lavine would be the best fit to add another star. 

  • Author
11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know how this guy plans to end up with this roster, but toughness is certainly added.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Twitter insidercory Cory with the Ball. The 2022-23 76ers roster will look like: James Harden Tyrese Maxey Mikal Bridges Jae Crowder Joel Embiid Pat Beverley A developed Jaden Springer/Isaiah Joe Shake Milton Pj Tucker Paul Reed'

Hmm.  Thoughts @Khani1?

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know how this guy plans to end up with this roster, but toughness is certainly added.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Twitter insidercory Cory with the Ball. The 2022-23 76ers roster will look like: James Harden Tyrese Maxey Mikal Bridges Jae Crowder Joel Embiid Pat Beverley A developed Jaden Springer/Isaiah Joe Shake Milton Pj Tucker Paul Reed'

I mean the bench is tough but, who the hell is gonna score? Only major upgrade I see is Bridges the rest are another year older and harden still would need to score a lot to help. 

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I mean the bench is tough but, who the hell is gonna score? Only major upgrade I see is Bridges the rest are another year older and harden still would need to score a lot to help. 

I would like to see a bench scorer there. 

I think the starting lineup is perfectly balanced. Scoring from embiid, Maxey and Harden. Excellent 3 and D from Bridges and Crowder.

You can likely count on continued offensive improvement from Maxey and Bridges as well.  And hope Harden shows improvement after an offseason of healing the hammy.

So Bridges and Crowder for Tobias. I don't see why the Suns would do that. Crowder is on an expiring and Bridges is the best asset in the trade. 

Then guess Green for Pat Bev

42 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I would like to see a bench scorer there. 

I think the starting lineup is perfectly balanced. Scoring from embiid, Maxey and Harden. Excellent 3 and D from Bridges and Crowder.

You can likely count on continued offensive improvement from Maxey and Bridges as well.  And hope Harden shows improvement after an offseason of healing the hammy.

Makes sense and here we go with that hammy lol. Guess it only bothers him in second half of games. A full off season he might be good for both halfs

I don’t want another star.  I’d much rather have a much improved bench, and Beal/Harden would be a disaster defensively.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Makes sense and here we go with that hammy lol. Guess it only bothers him in second half of games. A full off season he might be good for both halfs

I don't fully buy it with Harden but that starting lineup still looks pretty good to me

 

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hmm.  Thoughts @Khani1?

I know what you are doing here. Everyone, look at my avatar. I lost a bet. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

I know what you are doing here. Everyone, look at my avatar. I lost a bet. 

Oh.  No.  I wanted to know your position on that starting 5.  

I wish we could have drafted someone like Bridges a few years ago. That would have been great. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh.  No.  I wanted to know your position on that starting 5.  

I really like that lineup but I don’t see how the Suns trade him. However, that is dependent upon which Harden we have next year. The one I think he is capable of being or the one we just saw in the playoffs. I’d take the risk. I expect Maxey to be our #2 scorer next year. I don’t want Beal because he is a volume scorer and between he and Embiid, there won’t be enough touches for Maxey. Beal also sucks at 3’s and if you are re-signing Harden, we need 3 point shooters out there with him. 

  • Author
Just now, Khani1 said:

I really like that lineup but I don’t see how the Suns trade him. However, that is dependent upon which Harden we have next year. The one I think he is capable of being or the one we just saw in the playoffs. I’d take the risk. I expect Maxey to be our #2 scorer next year. I don’t want Beal because he is a volume scorer and between he and Embiid, there won’t be enough touches for Maxey. Beal also sucks at 3’s and if you are re-signing Harden, we need 3 point shooters out there with him. 

And Beal has missed games and a little older.   

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And Beal has missed games and a little older.   

He doesn't play defense either.  If we didn't have Maxey, it would make a lot more sense.  I would prefer Tobi and Tisse's salary go towards 2-3 players, maybe 1 starter and a couple bench guys.  We need size for defense and rebounding and guys who can shoot the 3.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.