Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

47 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

He doesn't play defense either.  If we didn't have Maxey, it would make a lot more sense.  I would prefer Tobi and Tisse's salary go towards 2-3 players, maybe 1 starter and a couple bench guys.  We need size for defense and rebounding and guys who can shoot the 3.

Except wings who can defend, shoot a bit, and create own shot are the most coveted guys in the league. 

A Josh Hart type is perfect but I wouldn't give up Hart for Harris and Blazers don't have any other bad contracts to add on

Take on Richaun Holmes contract to get Harrison Barnes and Tobias plays alongside Sabonis

Somehow snag John Collins who is under contract longer than Tobias. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I got 

Celtics 4-1 over Heat. The length and just overall talent will be too much for Heat even though they win Game 1 tonight because Celtics just came off a long series on Sunday. 

Mavs 4-2 over Warriors. Bullock and Finney Smith are pretty good wing defenders who will do enough to slow down Warriors. Doesn't help Draymond just doesn't look to score, at all. Luka will also put Poole or Steph in the blender all series where he affects theirs offensive game. 

Yeah, I don't see how the Cs lose this series barring injury.  I'm gonna be sick watching them march on to the NBA Finals. 

  • Author
17 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Yeah, I don't see how the Cs lose this series barring injury.  I'm gonna be sick watching them march on to the NBA Finals. 

I’m all in on Luka and Jimmy.  

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m all in on Luka and Jimmy.  

Any chance of Luka coming here and Maxey is gone.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Any chance of Luka coming here and Maxey is gone.

No.  I mean rooting interest for the playoffs.  Dallas and Miami.  

gotta be a typical philly fan and root against teams now that the sixers are out. so i'm rooting against boston (always) & against steph curry's face.

 

his face!

 

 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

I really like that lineup but I don’t see how the Suns trade him. However, that is dependent upon which Harden we have next year. The one I think he is capable of being or the one we just saw in the playoffs. I’d take the risk. I expect Maxey to be our #2 scorer next year. I don’t want Beal because he is a volume scorer and between he and Embiid, there won’t be enough touches for Maxey. Beal also sucks at 3’s and if you are re-signing Harden, we need 3 point shooters out there with him. 

I can't focus on your content with that avatar staring at me. It's making my soul cringe

9 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

I can't focus on your content with that avatar staring at me. It's making my soul cringe

@4for4EaglesNest Sorry, I just recently came out of the closet during the last gay pride.

  • Author
13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

@4for4EaglesNest Sorry, I just recently came out of the closet during the last gay pride.

Thanks for driving. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

gotta be a typical philly fan and root against teams now that the sixers are out. so i'm rooting against boston (always) & against steph curry's face.

 

his face!

 

 

I’m just pulling for Butler to win it. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, nipples said:

I’m just pulling for Butler to win it. 

Yep.  

Yikes, I thought Heat would win tonight and with Horford out. 

45 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Yikes, I thought Heat would win tonight and with Horford out. 

Also smart out. That’s two starters. Pretty hard to win playoff games this late down 1 starter. Let alone 2. 

how the f did the sixers manage to trade for butler but let him go?  :nonono:   

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

how the f did the sixers manage to trade for butler but let him go?  :nonono:   

A lot of people to blame. 

1.  Ownership— when brand was hired he wanted to trade BS. Ownership said no. And really that’s where everything begins. Instead of choosing butler over Simmons and using Simmons who refused to learn how to shoot and build up roster around embiid and butler. they chose Simmons who had no desire to get better in his craft. Also chose brett brown over butler who wound up getting fired after the next offseason. Add on they were never giving two 5 year close to max contracts. They also chose Harris, brown and Simmons over butler as butler has baggage in locker room at previous stops also older didn’t think he’d be worth contract in year’s 4 and 5. 

2. brand/brown— didn’t think butler was good in locker room long term. Would have the issues he did with twolves and bulls eventually. Decided to go with Simmons and Harris. Also thought if we lose butler we can just pivot to signing horford to make up for the loss of our star. 

3. Simmons— dbag strikes again. As he had no incentive to get better at his craft as the sixers automatically sided with him. They coddled him and bowed to what he wanted. It bit them in the butler situation. And it bit them again as he wanted out after he got embarrassed. 

4. Harris trade— once the made the Harris trade the backed themselves into a corner. They were going to have to give Harris and butler a 5 year close to max to keep both. No way were the sixers giving both that type of contract. Harris being 3 years younger, entering his prime and at the time less to deal with in the locker room. made him look like the better option. Also was report if butler was brought back that Harris preferred to go elsewhere due to his diminished role. 

Curious question, would you be willing to deal maxey if you got a legit star back which likely includes shipping Harris and maxey? Also which stars would you actually consider or make the move to trade him? I ask cause windhorst and Aldridge has put it out there he may be part of a deal. 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious question, would you be willing to deal maxey if you got a legit star back which likely includes shipping Harris and maxey? Also which stars would you actually consider or make the move to trade him? I ask cause windhorst and Aldridge has put it out there he may be part of a deal. 

Patrick Williams and LaVine for Tobias and Maxey? 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Patrick Williams and LaVine for Tobias and Maxey? 

I like Lavine more than most. But i don’t think morey does that move cause i think he wants a bigger star tbh. I’d love to get Lavine here though. I think he’s a much better fit than beal. 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Haha you called it. Simmons with CP3, that is an interesting pairing

I was told they want a better defender to guard guys like luka, ja, AD and curry. While bridges is a plus defender he can’t guard all 5 positions like Simmons. Was told that there’s a belief CP3 could retire after 22-23 depending on how the season goes. Frankly i think he plays that contract out just due to the money owed. I’m curious to see how Booker with Jenner goes with Simmons. I know simmons engaged but that’s got to be awkward. Frankly if I’m the suns and ayton is now angry I’d look to deal him in a sign and trade. The pacers make the best bet for them if they could get turner and whatever else from the pacers. I know the pacers like ayton based off before the sabonis deal. Spurs make sense too but suns get less from them. I think they’d still bit the bullet bring him back at the max then try to deal him down the road. 

Anyone who trades more than a chick fil a sandwich for Simmons should get fired immediately. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious question, would you be willing to deal maxey if you got a legit star back which likely includes shipping Harris and maxey? Also which stars would you actually consider or make the move to trade him? I ask cause windhorst and Aldridge has put it out there he may be part of a deal. 

absolutely not. The only way I’d trade Maxey is for stars that are absolutely not going to be traded because they’re too 5 players. Like Morant, Giannis, etc. I’m not dealing him for an older star. I’m that confident that he himself is going to be a star as soon as next season, and he’s still 22. 

40 minutes ago, nipples said:

absolutely not. The only way I’d trade Maxey is for stars that are absolutely not going to be traded because they’re too 5 players. Like Morant, Giannis, etc. I’m not dealing him for an older star. I’m that confident that he himself is going to be a star as soon as next season, and he’s still 22. 

3rd year is where they either take that next leap or they don't. 

LaVine is what 27 and Patrick Williams is that wing defender that can play to guard Tatum. I would honestly consider it. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.