Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

 

31E706ED-3085-40A9-BC21-6B8EDE148E8F.jpeg

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Probably not. Maxey's upside is too high. He could be Ja Morant 18 months from now and we'd all be kicking ourselves. 

Not sure he’ll be Ja 18 months from now, but I agree that trading him is something that would likely haunt this team for the next decade. Kid is a superstar in the making. How about we let it happen here instead of somewhere else?

23 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

 

31E706ED-3085-40A9-BC21-6B8EDE148E8F.jpeg

Yep. I’m on the record saying I’d be on board with trading ANYONE this offseason, other than Maxey. He’s way more untouchable than even Embiid to me because of his age and upward trajectory.

And I love Embiid, but he’s got maybe 3 years left of quality play and his value is likely never to be higher than now. If you don’t think they’re going to be able to put a championship team around him within three years, and I don’t with their current situation, then it isn’t the worst idea to trade him for a big haul to rebuild. 

 

 

 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

 

 

hate D'Antoni idea. 

But getting rid of Doc, for picks is a win. Begin re-stocking the assets without losing any players. Thats great.

I only wish Cassell could stay. I suspect he is having a major influence on Maxey and I want to see where this development goes. But Cassell seems to follow Doc.

Good grief the Lakers don't want Doc!

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good grief the Lakers don't want Doc!

No, YOU don't want Doc. Your lakers will have him soon enough.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Not sure he’ll be Ja 18 months from now, but I agree that trading him is something that would likely haunt this team for the next decade. Kid is a superstar in the making. How about we let it happen here instead of somewhere else?

Not sure a superstar. Are a handful of them in the league but a potential multiple All Star sure. 

I don't think he will he Ja either but a more efficient Mitchell 

Sad but true 

26 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Not sure a superstar. Are a handful of them in the league but a potential multiple All Star sure. 

I don't think he will he Ja either but a more efficient Mitchell 

I rather have ja than mitchell. I think Mitchell’s inefficiency is an issue. I also think as he gets older it’s just going to get worse. 

i wouldn’t trade maxey in a Lavine or beal deal. I think that’s a mistake. I likely wouldn’t with Mitchell unless i got another nice piece back for the roster. However i think some are crazy if you wouldn’t trade him for guys like luka, Tatum which would never happen.

I think SGA is interesting. Probably wouldn’t do it. Cause SGA is 23. I think he’s also going to be a superstar once he finds his way out of OKC or Okc finishes their process (i tend to think he’s traded first). The 2 biggest issues with SGA at this point was in 20-21 he was a 41.8% 3 point shooter. This year he was 30%. So it was a significant drop off. And last two years he’s gotten hurt/missed time. I’d probably keep maxey unless they did something like dort and SGA for Harris and maxey which i think is very unlikely. I think maxey has tremendous value for OKC as they are still ranking and he’s cheap for another 2 years. So if they get out of the process by the time tobias comes off and they can use him to stock pike more picks when he becomes an expiring contract 

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

hate D'Antoni idea. 

But getting rid of Doc, for picks is a win. Begin re-stocking the assets without losing any players. Thats great.

I only wish Cassell could stay. I suspect he is having a major influence on Maxey and I want to see where this development goes. But Cassell seems to follow Doc.

What picks do the Lakers still have?

Just now, West_Philly said:

What picks do the Lakers still have?

dont know. None this year. Their 8th pick is going to New Orleans.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I rather have ja than mitchell. I think Mitchell’s inefficiency is an issue. I also think as he gets older it’s just going to get worse. 

i wouldn’t trade maxey in a Lavine or beal deal. I think that’s a mistake. I likely wouldn’t with Mitchell unless i got another nice piece back for the roster. However i think some are crazy if you wouldn’t trade him for guys like luka, Tatum which would never happen.

I think SGA is interesting. Probably wouldn’t do it. Cause SGA is 23. I think he’s also going to be a superstar once he finds his way out of OKC or Okc finishes their process (i tend to think he’s traded first). The 2 biggest issues with SGA at this point was in 20-21 he was a 41.8% 3 point shooter. This year he was 30%. So it was a significant drop off. And last two years he’s gotten hurt/missed time. I’d probably keep maxey unless they did something like dort and SGA for Harris and maxey which i think is very unlikely. I think maxey has tremendous value for OKC as they are still ranking and he’s cheap for another 2 years. So if they get out of the process by the time tobias comes off and they can use him to stock pike more picks when he becomes an expiring contract 

Wouldnt trade him for Mitchell but more of a comparison 

His numbers fell because he went from being ball dominate to having to play off ball with Giddy. 

I bet if we asked SGA if he was really hurt or they were winning too much and Thunder wanted to lose games. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wouldnt trade him for Mitchell but more of a comparison 

His numbers fell because he went from being ball dominate to having to play off ball with Giddy. 

I bet if we asked SGA if he was really hurt or they were winning too much and Thunder wanted to lose games. 

Yeah i can see that with SGA. I was more concerned with his 3 point % drop off. I also tend to think it’s likely higher getting better quality shots with embiid and with the sixers. I still think SGA is going to be a multiple time all star. And he’s still really young at 23. 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah i can see that with SGA. I was more concerned with his 3 point % drop off. I also tend to think it’s likely higher getting better quality shots with embiid and with the sixers. I still think SGA is going to be a multiple time all star. And he’s still really young at 23. 

He took a lot of 3 point shots at the end of the clock so could be forcing shots. 

Screenshot_20220520-214432.png

17 hours ago, nipples said:

Yep. I’m on the record saying I’d be on board with trading ANYONE this offseason, other than Maxey. He’s way more untouchable than even Embiid to me because of his age and upward trajectory.

And I love Embiid, but he’s got maybe 3 years left of quality play and his value is likely never to be higher than now. If you don’t think they’re going to be able to put a championship team around him within three years, and I don’t with their current situation, then it isn’t the worst idea to trade him for a big haul to rebuild. 

This.  I’m completely on board with trading Embiid.  You then don’t have to go through a complete rebuild because you will get a great package for him.

Quote

 

Trading head coaches in the NBA has happened but is quite rare. The last instance of this was also Doc Rivers, who was sent from Boston to the Los Angeles Clippers for a 2015 first-round pick in 2013.

This move would allow the 76ers to move on from Rivers without having to eat the remainder of his contract, which has three years and $24 million remaining. The earliest first LA can send is their 2027 first, which has high value since LeBron will be 42 at that point and the team will be in the midst of a rebuild.

Los Angeles is in the process of hiring its next head coach, with Terry Stotts and Kenny Atkinson amongst the finalists. D’Antoni has long been rumored to take over for Rivers, reuniting him with Daryl Morey and James Harden.

 

Earliest first LA could send for Doc would be in 2027. lol.

 

And theres this

so now we know who @Bwestbrook36 is on twitter.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Earliest first LA could send for Doc would be in 2027. lol.

 

And theres this

so now we know who @Bwestbrook36 is on twitter.

Dude I have yet to see anything about Doc from the Lakers side. They didn't bring in 2 hall of famers to go get Doc! 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dude I have yet to see anything about Doc from the Lakers side. They didn't bring in 2 hall of famers to go get Doc! 

they dont want to be caught tampering with another teams coach. Smart. But its happening. 

Looks like we can still get the guys we should have gotten, if Indiana would be interested. Money works. 

May be an image of text that says 'This Trade is Successful! Philadelphia 76ers Start Over Adjust Trade Save Trade $32,835,70 Buddy Hield SG McConnell $8,644,096 ,096 Indiana Pacers 12.9 $22,768,890 $22,7 3 Years 500,000 Years $4,023,600 3 Haliburton 15.2 $21,933,850 T. Harris PF Thybulle SG $1,809,232 Acquiring Players 18.2 16.0 $35,99 Years $2,840,160 2 Years $34,292,490 490 11.2 Hollinger's Analysis: Wins Acquiring Players With this trade you have decreased this team's projected $38,836,110 Hollinger's Analysis: With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins'

Why would Indiana do that?

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Why would Indiana do that?

Their GM should be fired on the spot if they’d do that 

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Why would Indiana do that?

Because Daryl will ask them nicely.

13 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Because Daryl will ask them nicely.

It was not a real thing. Some fan on facebook posted the trade. I just liked that the money matches. They should have been our guys. 

Anyway... 3 more draft prospects we have met with

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/lists/sixers-met-with-3-potential-draft-picks-at-draft-combine-in-chicago/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1ZvMTBY92Hfel30lsPp4ILFJ_8mb_niRsWRMTpNRKpk9zbkWeCqTM7dUs

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.