Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

Tons and tons of free agent options and which salary level they are likely to slot in to.

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/normal-column/062322

I find the Martin brothers salary slotting hard to believe. But if it were true, Id split the TPMLE on both of them. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

 

 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Tons and tons of free agent options and which salary level they are likely to slot in to.

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/normal-column/062322

Why any team sees Derrick Jones Jr as having value is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

 

 

Well, theres no way Harden is going back to Brooklyn, and we arent getting him for Harris and junk.

I think the best we can hope for is maybe Harris for Hayward, which saves us cap space and gets us to the full MLE at the same time. Pretty good move imo. 

14 hours ago, NothingClever said:

Am I the only one thinking, "Please bring back Andre Drummond"?

I would

is garza the kid from iowa?

2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

I would

is garza the kid from iowa?

Garza is garbage  for the modern NBA 

 

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Tons and tons of free agent options and which salary level they are likely to slot in to.

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/normal-column/062322

I find the Martin brothers salary slotting hard to believe. But if it were true, Id split the TPMLE on both of them. 

I’ve been assuming Gary Harris would be too expensive but if they could sign him for the tax payers MLE like this suggests, sign me up.

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

I’ve been assuming Gary Harris would be too expensive but if they could sign him for the tax payers MLE like this suggests, sign me up.

Im really trying not to get hopes up based on that list. It doesnt seem right to me. People get overpaid every year in the NBA.

I think Gary Harris may be a possibility with an MLE. Maybe one of Cody or Caleb Martin. Those are probably about the best we can hope for and probably still be disappointed. 

Ill prepare for House, and Hartenstein. 2 Morey guys. And maybe Drummond for Doc. Or we will get unathletic guys like Ingles and Kyle Anderson.

 

 

Would be a nice pickup but not sure we get him or could afford him 

 

6B81CC89-2DAE-4C4D-B000-EA46BC6C3B9B.jpeg

Get paid and ask for a trade in a year 

 

 

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Get paid and ask for a trade in a year 

 

 

Might benefit the sixers (assuming they want him) then cause Harris becomes an expiring contract next offseason. which Washington at that point in time would actually welcome as they could clear cap space the following summer or even use Harris at the trade deadline in 23-24. (Under the assumption Harris is back this year) 

On 6/23/2022 at 10:59 AM, 20dawk4life said:

image.thumb.png.8611701d8fed905c2a79a2974f11b3dc.png

Reports are spurs are looking for 3 first round picks. Let’s get it done!!!!!

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Might benefit the sixers (assuming they want him) then cause Harris becomes an expiring contract next offseason. which Washington at that point in time would actually welcome as they could clear cap space the following summer or even use Harris at the trade deadline in 23-24. (Under the assumption Harris is back this year) 

Wizards have a real shot at Victor and would be crazy to not try for him 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wizards have a real shot at Victor and would be crazy to not try for him 

Without beal I would agree. With beal, they likely are finishing around 38-40 wins and very unlikely to win the lottery to get Victor. Beal only played 40 games this year (and he wasn’t himself due to that wrist injury) and the wiz won 35 games were the 10th worst team. Realistically the Wizards should want to do a sign and trade for beal to start accumulating assets and accepting a really bad year if they want victor. They likely could get assets similar at the trade deadline or next offseason (assuming beal returns to prior 2021-22 form), but with beal on the roster they are likely going to have more success than they’d like and not have as likely a chance to get victor.

I said last offseason they should’ve dealt him when he was unsure what he was going to do and just started their rebuild. They could’ve potentially wound up with someone like Jabari Smith/Ivey/holmgren and potentially victor which sets them up much better long term. I’m not very high on Johny Davis. I think he’s going to just be a solid role player. 


I assume this means Tobias is as good as gone. 

33 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:


I assume this means Tobias is as good as gone. 

I believe trading korkmaz and thybulle will allow for it them to get it depending on what they are getting back in that trade. 

I would trade Kork and Tobias plus picks for the best player I could get. I would keep thybulle.

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe trading korkmaz and thybulle will allow for it them to get it depending on what they are getting back in that trade. 

Pretty much have to take back no salary in any trade dumping Kork, Shake, and Thybulle.

And supposedly the 6ers aren't going to do thybulle for a Salary dump. 

Not sure what the move can be to make Tucker work.

Yes I would say shake, Kork, and Tobias and picks should be the top end in a trade.

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Pretty much have to take back no salary in any trade dumping Kork, Shake, and Thybulle.

And supposedly the 6ers aren't going to do thybulle for a Salary dump. 

Not sure what the move can be to make Tucker work.

Depends on if they believe getting a first back is considered a dump and if a team would be willing to trade a future first.

Also could potentially do springer, kork, joe and someone like shake. which accounts for freeing 10.7 mil. I’m not sure they have to trade shake in it though. If they waived green it saved $10 mil. Melton makes $8.25. So needed to clear the $10 mil with green to do it. Basically save 1.75 with melton as compared to danny. So really needed to clear $8.25 mil after acquiring melton. Trading spring, kork and joe would give you $8.8 mil gone if you just took a pick back. 

i don’t think this roster is better than teams like the warriors, Celtics and bucks but it’s better than what we had last year particularly the bench if you have melton and tucker off he bench. 
 

starters: harden, maxey, thybulle/tucker, tobias and embiid. 

bench: melton, thybulle/tucker, niang, shake, reed and bassey

8 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Yes I would say shake, Kork, and Tobias and picks should be the top end in a trade.

Problem with trading tobias you have to either send him to a team that can absorb his contract so you don’t have to take money back so they have to have the cap space. And in order to do that a team like Orlando is going to want assets coming along with him to do that favor for you. So you likely are dealing thybulle (one of their only assets left to just make that trade) in that type of move anyway. Or you are gonna have to come close to matching salary with another team. Which likely means taking back some bad contracts but can clear a little space.

Can do both but it’s not easy to move tobias this offseason as compared to the trade deadline and next year when he becomes an expiring contract. the reality is in order to trade tobias you are likely giving up assets or taking back bad contracts to come close to matching his salary. 

I wouldn't trade I. Joe and springer, as we made that mistake many times. Give them time to truly develop.

14 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

I wouldn't trade I. Joe and springer, as we made that mistake many times. Give them time to truly develop.

I’m not so sure the sixers don’t believe champagnie can’t give you what Joe does and was a better defender than Joe at the college level. I think Joe is a better shooter coming out but both champagnie and joe their final year in college shot 34% from 3 and both shot roughly 45% from the field. Joe was 38% 3 point shooter his two years in college and champagnie was 35%. Best year for joe was 41% and best year for champagnie was 38%. Both dropped significantly their last year in college. 

im not advocating to trade Joe. I actually like him and wish doc wasn’t stubborn and an idiot with him. Just play him. But i can see the sixers line of thinking if doc isn’t going to play him and they feel champagnie can develop into what they initially believed Joe could be 

I'd be pretty thrilled with Melton, Oladipo, and TJ Warren 

Which I think are fairly doable free agent acquisitions.

Can still trade Thybulle and kork or Shake for another decent rotation player. 

Would Raju be a good bench then. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.