Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

I like warren even though he has only played 4 games in two years. Likely getting him cheap and on a price it contract. Plus he knows he’d get mins here and potentially could start at some point. 

i feel like oladipo is going to have more suitors to compete with. As i think some team will still believe he could be a high quality starter even though he only played 8 games this year. He might be a more difficult pull than someone like warren just do to bad teams being bad teams. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

assume this means Tobias is as good as gone. 

So is Tucker gonna start for us? That would be fing moronic. 

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

So is Tucker gonna start for us? That would be fing moronic. 

I think they keep thybulle he gets first run as the starter. At least regular season. I could see them making that move like they did with green in the postseason where got inserted into that starting spot then. I don’t know how much money the sixers need to clear in order to use the MLE of 3 years $30. I remember hearing with Danny if they released/cut him before July 1 it would do it cause they only needed to clear $6 mil. But I’m not sure that’s accurate. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they keep thybulle he gets first run as the starter. At least regular season. I could see them making that move like they did with green in the postseason where got inserted into that starting spot then. I don’t know how much money the sixers need to clear in order to use the MLE of 3 years $30. I remember hearing with Danny if they released/cut him before July 1 it would do it cause they only needed to clear $6 mil. But I’m not sure that’s accurate. 

Tucker is 37. It’s a dumber contract than Horford. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like warren even though he has only played 4 games in two years. Likely getting him cheap and on a price it contract. Plus he knows he’d get mins here and potentially could start at some point. 

i feel like oladipo is going to have more suitors to compete with. As i think some team will still believe he could be a high quality starter even though he only played 8 games this year. He might be a more difficult pull than someone like warren just do to bad teams being bad teams. 

I think they could both be tough.  Reportedly teams are considering 10M for Warren.

But the 6ers seem to plan to recruit hard on championship aspirations abs show off Doc, Embiid, abs Harden. Every year the Lakers abs Bucks get a ton of guys to sign.  We just need one if those types of offseason where guys choose us.

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they keep thybulle he gets first run as the starter. At least regular season. I could see them making that move like they did with green in the postseason where got inserted into that starting spot then. I don’t know how much money the sixers need to clear in order to use the MLE of 3 years $30. I remember hearing with Danny if they released/cut him before July 1 it would do it cause they only needed to clear $6 mil. But I’m not sure that’s accurate. 

The Forbes article I posted explains everything after the Melton trade.  I think they need to clear over 8 million

22 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Tucker is 37. It’s a dumber contract than Horford. 

I’d argue horford is still much dumber. That was the last time they were going to have significant cap space. They spent it on Horford who was 33 coming off a down season where he had a knee issue. And the analytics said there was a big drop off him at center to power forward. And he didn’t fit whatsoever into the offense unless embiid was out. They basically signed him hoping he could play 4 and if he couldn’t he’s be the back up to embiid. and his contract was so bad at that time they had to give up pick to get rid of him. I don’t see that being an issue with tucker if he needs to be dealt. And it’s significantly less money. He’s literally been he same player in 4 of the last 5 years and teams out there are willing to give him the same contract (hawks are rumored to be willing to do so and there’s apparently other suitors besides sixers, heat and hawks) so if they need to move him i don’t believe it’ll be nearly as hard as horford at that time  

Tucker might be 37 (and i wouldn’t love that contract. Frankly if i got that MLE I’d look elsewhere) but he’s a far better fit than horford was. Much more palatable contract in trying to move it if they need too. Frankly think pj tucker and his camp are using the sixers to Force Miami to match it. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Forbes article I posted explains everything after the Melton trade.  I think they need to clear over 8 million

That’s what i thought cause with green being dealt until they waived him his money was technically there. They technically saved 1.75 mil in that trade with green. (Plus didn’t have to pay the rookie contract). So Kork, springer and someone like Joe would get them to the threshold.

I’d ideally like to keep joe but i wouldn’t be that shocked if the sixers see champagnie as a slightly worse shooter than joe but a upgrade defensively as his replacement if they make a trade with joe. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d argue horford is still much dumber. That was the last time they were going to have significant cap space. They spent it on Horford who was 33 coming off a down season where he had a knee issue. And the analytics said there was a big drop off him at center to power forward. And he didn’t fit whatsoever into the offense unless embiid was out. They basically signed him hoping he could play 4 and if he couldn’t he’s be the back up to embiid. and his contract was so bad at that time they had to give up pick to get rid of him. I don’t see that being an issue with tucker if he needs to be dealt. And it’s significantly less money. He’s literally been he same player he last 5 years and teams out there are willing to give him the same contract so if they need to move him i don’t believe it’ll be nearly as hard as horford at that time  

Tucker might be 37 (and i wouldn’t love that contract. Frankly if i got that MLE I’d look elsewhere) but he’s a far better fit than horford was. Much more palatable contract in trying to move it if they need too. Frankly think pj tucker is using the sixers to Force Miami to match it. 

Horford was moronic no doubt. But to waste time entertaining PJ Tucker as a starter is the dumbest sheet I’ve ever heard of and I’d rather give up picks for someone else to have Tucker at 10 million a year than us do it. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s what i thought cause with green being dealt until they waived him his money was technically there. They technically saved 1.75 mil in that trade with green. (Plus didn’t have to pay the rookie contract). So Kork, springer and someone like Joe would get them to the threshold.

I’d ideally like to keep joe but i wouldn’t be that shocked if the sixers see champagnie as a slightly worse shooter than joe but a upgrade defensively as his replacement if they make a trade with joe. 

Theyve been trying to hype of Springer lately. Morey said hes already an NBA caliber defensive player, and they expect him to take a big step year 2.

Guess he had a bunch of nagging injuries in G league. And he didnt shoot well from 3 (thought he was supposed to be a 3 and D). But he was smooth in mid range.

 

Id really like to let some guys develop. I think Joe showed a lot in SL last year, and can potentially take a step if he was ever given consistent minutes in the NBA. Id by no means be upset by trading him for anyone, but Id prefer to keep him. 

Id prefer to trade any/all of Thybulle, Korkmaz, and Shake.

 

9 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Horford was moronic no doubt. But to waste time entertaining PJ Tucker as a starter is the dumbest sheet I’ve ever heard of and I’d rather give up picks for someone else to have Tucker at 10 million a year than us do it. 

I wouldnt use tucker as a starter. Maybe in the postseason if thybulle folds again because games are more spread out but that imo is a last resort. But imo he’s a 25-28 min player like this past season. I think he’s a bench guy.

Frankly he’s your Danny green replacement. He’s a better defender, rebounder than green last year. i think green was a better shooter but he shot 41.5% from three last year and 45% in the postseason. Basically getting pj tucker as Danny replacement off the bench and hoping thybulle takes that wing spot and runs with it unless they deal thybulle. At that point i would avoid tucker and go after someone like Otto porter or warren. 

also wouldn’t be surprised if that third year of the contract is similar to what they did with Danny green where it’s not guaranteed 

There is really a slim chance the 6ers can get that full MLE without trading Harris for a smaller contract. Gordon Hayward was a player mentioned in an article who can accomplish that for us.

Because they need to clear around 8 million in salary otherwise. Thats pretty much trading all of Kork, Thybulle, and Shake and not getting any salary back. 6ers supposedly dont want to trade Thybulle for a salary dump just to get the full MLE. So trading any combination with him included, just for a draft pick sounds like something they are not interested in. 

This leaves maybe one other option. Morey or Doc wanted Lowry bad. Tucker at 10M per year in a sign and trade, with Kyle Lowry, for Tobias Harris would be almost a perfect match salary-wise.

Miami would need a PG, but their big 3 of Butler, Harris, Bam is arguably better than it is with washed Lowry. On the other hand, he and Tucker bring us more tough nosed defenders that we need.

 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldnt use tucker as a starter. Maybe in the postseason if thybulle folds again because games are more spread out but that imo is a last resort. But imo he’s a 25-28 min player like this past season. I think he’s a bench guy.

Frankly he’s your Danny green replacement. He’s a better defender, rebounder than green last year. i think green was a better shooter but he shot 41.5% from three last year and 45% in the postseason. Basically getting pj tucker as Danny replacement off the bench and hoping thybulle takes that wing spot and runs with it unless they deal thybulle. At that point i would avoid tucker and go after someone like Otto porter or warren. 

also wouldn’t be surprised if that third year of the contract is similar to what they did with Danny green where it’s not guaranteed 

I’d rather keep Harris and use thybulle off the bench. 
 

Harden, Maxey, Free Agent, Tobias, Embiid

Melton, Thybulle, Niang, somehow Drummond off the bench. 
 

Could we get Drummond and a TJ Warren? 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Theyve been trying to hype of Springer lately. Morey said hes already an NBA caliber defensive player, and they expect him to take a big step year 2.

Guess he had a bunch of nagging injuries in G league. And he didnt shoot well from 3 (thought he was supposed to be a 3 and D). But he was smooth in mid range.

 

Id really like to let some guys develop. I think Joe showed a lot in SL last year, and can potentially take a step if he was ever given consistent minutes in the NBA. Id by no means be upset by trading him for anyone, but Id prefer to keep him. 

Id prefer to trade any/all of Thybulle, Korkmaz, and Shake.

 

Yeah i saw the hype you are talking about. I initially thought they could be hyping him up as they trying to potentially deal him. I’d actually love to see him work with Cassell and melton because i think his ability could be a better version of melton and they could potentially use melton next year as an expiring contract to get a position they need. 

 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There is really a slim chance the 6ers can get that full MLE without trading Harris for a smaller contract. Gordon Hayward was a player mentioned in an article who can accomplish that for us.

Because they need to clear around 8 million in salary otherwise. Thats pretty much trading all of Kork, Thybulle, and Shake and not getting any salary back. 6ers supposedly dont want to trade Thybulle for a salary dump just to get the full MLE. So trading any combination with him included, just for a draft pick sounds like something they are not interested in. 

This leaves maybe one other option. Morey or Doc wanted Lowry bad. Tucker at 10M per year in a sign and trade, with Kyle Lowry, for Tobias Harris would be almost a perfect match salary-wise.

Miami would need a PG, but their big 3 of Butler, Harris, Bam is arguably better than it is with washed Lowry. On the other hand, he and Tucker bring us more tough nosed defenders that we need.

 

The only issue with the Hayward trade is Charlotte wanted to unload him to clear money so they could extend bridges. I don’t see the hornets wanting to take on Harris the next two years if that’s the case. I’d love get Hayward though, he’d be a player we could use  

 

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

I’d rather keep Harris and use thybulle off the bench. 
 

Harden, Maxey, Free Agent, Tobias, Embiid

Melton, Thybulle, Niang, somehow Drummond off the bench. 
 

Could we get Drummond and a TJ Warren? 

99.9% chance we are lookingi at the smaller MLE around a little over 6M. 

Reportedly teams were considering Warren for around 10M. But I guess it depends on how well the 6ers can pitch guys to come join to contend for less money like the Lakers always succeed at doing.

A guy for that Tax Payer MLE may be like Malik Monk, Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, Caleb or Cody Martin, Jeremy Lamb, Taurean Prince....

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The only issue with the Hayward trade is Charlotte wanted to unload him to clear money so they could extend bridges. I don’t see the hornets wanting to take on Harris the next two years if that’s the case. I’d love get Hayward though, he’d be a player we could use  

 

realgm guys keep talking about Hayward and PJ Washington. But that just makes money match. I dont think its realistic to get PJ Washington in that deal. Unless the Hornets dont think they can/want to pay him his extension.

4 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I’d rather keep Harris and use thybulle off the bench. 
 

Harden, Maxey, Free Agent, Tobias, Embiid

Melton, Thybulle, Niang, somehow Drummond off the bench. 
 

Could we get Drummond and a TJ Warren? 

If the reports are accurate that Warren is getting $10 mil per then you need basically the same thing you need with Tucker. I like warren but he has also only played 4 games in two years. So the reliability factor isn’t there but he’s 28 so I’m theory he’s should be able to recover and can fill it up. 

Id be surprised if Drummond signs for a veterans minimum like he did last year. I’m guessing he priced himself out. I’d love to get him back. Frankly I’d keep reed and bassey as the only two potential backup centers. Force doc to have to play them and see what they are. If they aren’t good by trade deadline then go find one on the trade market. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the reports are accurate that Warren is getting $10 mil per then you need basically the same thing you need with Tucker. I like warren but he has also only played 4 games in two years. So the reliability factor isn’t there but he’s 28 so I’m theory he’s should be able to recover and can fill it up. 

Id be surprised if Drummond signs for a veterans minimum like he did last year. I’m guessing he priced himself out. I’d love to get him back. Frankly I’d keep reed and bassey as the only two potential backup centers. Force doc to have to play them and see what they are. If they aren’t good by trade deadline then go find one on the trade market. 

Warren and Oladipo are far enough out from their injuries that I think either or both are worth the gamble now. They should be able to bounce back as good as they ever will this season. Which may not be prime, but should be a huge boost to the team. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

realgm guys keep talking about Hayward and PJ Washington. But that just makes money match. I dont think its realistic to get PJ Washington in that deal. Unless the Hornets dont think they can/want to pay him his extension.

That would be a massive win for the sixers if they could pull that off. I saw someone say cleveland might consider Kevin love, levert and osman for Harris, Kork and thybulle. Not sure i buy that as i don’t see the cavs wanting to take on an extra more expensive year of Harris when Kevin love is finally an expiring contract. Plus don’t see where Harris fits with markkanen and Mobley both being better at the 4 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That would be a massive win for the sixers if they could pull that off. I saw someone say cleveland might consider Kevin love, levert and osman for Harris, Kork and thybulle. Not sure i buy that as i don’t see the cavs wanting to take on an extra more expensive year of Harris when Kevin love is finally an expiring contract. 

Cavs have so much talent at guard now they may be willing to add a useful vet 3/4 like Harris. Improvement over the ghost of Kevin Love. Could be a decent move that moves them forward.

At center, if Doc cant get his Drummond back, Morey is going to go for his Hartenstein. Great chance one of those 2 is a 6er next year Id say.

I think realistic expectations

TPMLE- Monk, Caleb/Cody Martin, Gary Harris, Taurean Prince, Okogie

Shouldnt we be getting a bi-annual exception too? Dont think we had it last year. That should be around 3 million which is more than the vet min. Id guess that can get you Drummond.

Vet min- House, Hood, Layman, Rivers

 

Thats like 11 players. Pretty close to 12 realistic options Morey talked about.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Cavs have so much talent at guard now they may be willing to add a useful vet 3/4 like Harris. Improvement over the ghost of Kevin Love. Could be a decent move that moves them forward.

I’d still love to get markkanen in that type of deal.  But the money would be ridiculously hard to match. It’s possible cause i did it on the trade machine. Frankly i think Harris is a better 4 than a 3 at this stage of his career. I guess they could go Allen, Mobley and Harris as their frontcourt. And they could use a veteran leader on the floor that can actually still contribute major mins unlike Kevin love at this stage. But I’d be thrilled to acquire lavert and markkanen. i just think the cavs could get a better deal for lavert and love than taking back harris. both love and lavert are expiring contracts. 

 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d still love to get markkanen in that type of deal.  But the money would be ridiculously hard to match. It’s possible cause i did it on the trade machine. Frankly i think Harris is a better 4 than a 3 at this stage of his career. I guess they could go Allen, Mobley and Harris as their frontcourt. And they could use a veteran leader on the floor that can actually still contribute major mins unlike Kevin love at this stage. But I’d be thrilled to acquire lavert and markkanen. i just think the cavs could get a better deal for lavert and love than taking back harris. both love and lavert are expiring contracts. 

 

maybe they can. But yeah, Harris is a great glue guy vet to bring that young team together. and a talent improvement over Love at this stage in their careers. It just may be attractive for cleveland. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.