**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Along the lines of 3 and D, and with the massive hole at SF (starting and bench) on our roster, I wonder if Covington, and House is a doable free agency plan. Roster would be filled out then with a bunch of 3 and D guys who can wait for open shots while Maxey, Harden, and Embiid dominate the ball.

I wonder if there is any chance Harris let’s them buy a 2nd rounder to try to grab someone like Liddel if he keeps falling?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I wonder if there is any chance Harris let’s them buy a 2nd rounder to try to grab someone like Liddel if he keeps falling?

yeah. Tyty and Their buy Hardy are still there but we are pretty set at the small guard positions.

Liddell or McGowens are steals now.

Wouldnt mind an athletic C like Koloko either. 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What they should do. Maybe he has a light bulb moment and it clicks for him and he becomes a bench player for us. He’s still super young. He’s still 19 and has been in the g league for a year. 

Sure but the success rate of kids that have no real skills going into the league get passed the following year. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Along the lines of 3 and D, and with the massive hole at SF (starting and bench) on our roster, I wonder if Covington, and House is a doable free agency plan. Roster would be filled out then with a bunch of 3 and D guys who can wait for open shots while Maxey, Harden, and Embiid dominate the ball.

Pretty sure Covington just signed an extension 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Sure but the success rate of kids that have no real skills going into the league get passed the following year. 

At this point it’s better to hope he develops. Frankly it’s why Hoffman and bodner said in their last podcast no one wanted the 28th pick last year when the sixers tried to unload it. The picks around 28 this year were considered more clay less than last year based off what they heard 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He traded him after the summer league lol

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At this point it’s better to hope he develops. Frankly it’s why Hoffman and bodner said in their last podcast no one wanted the 28th pick last year when the sixers tried to unload it. The picks around 28 this year were considered more clay less than last year based off what they heard 

Only Herb Jones and Ayo from Bulls are successful from 2nd round last year. 

Cam Thomas got picked ahead as well 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Pretty sure Covington just signed an extension 

oh ok. Gotta find someone else then. Morey guys House, and Drummond may be realistic vet min targets. Gotta find some SF on the MLE, or in a Thybulle trade. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

oh ok. Gotta find someone else then. Morey guys House, and Drummond may be realistic vet min targets. Gotta find some SF on the MLE, or in a Thybulle trade. 

Probably the most important position lol 

And you can't say oh let's hope Thybulle develops a shot, it's too late. Go get Hart 

• Like 2

I forgot Portland had Justice Winslow. I used to like him, not sure what he is now. Salary almost matches Thybulle. Sixers would need to throw in another low salary.

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And you can't say oh let's hope Thybulle develops a shot, it's too late. Go get Hart 

I would love it if they got Hart.  

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He traded him after the summer league lol

Only Herb Jones and Ayo from Bulls are successful from 2nd round last year. 

Cam Thomas got picked ahead as well 

Cam Thomas was the guy i wanted at 28. He was a scorer that the sixers could have used off the bench. 

I thought ayo shouldn’t have been a 2nd rounder. But really after 28 it’s really ugly besides ayo and herb so far. 

46 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

It got rid of green so it’s a positive trade

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

yeah we have literally no one. Went between Green and Thybulle last year. Both should be gone. 

Shake, and Kork arent the answer. 

Big wildcard is Joe. Could be good but sure cant count on him to become a starter.  Need to sign 2 SFs. Starter and backup. 

Thunder drafted four guys so maybe some guys on the move. Dort? Kendrich Williams? Bazley? 

I can't tell if I love Bazley or hate him. 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What’s amazing is during the whole process of drafting they never tried to take a wing high took Noel, embiid, mcw, Saric, okafor, Simmons and fultz. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

But Danny made 10 this year. We cut space. Should be closer to the non-tax payer MLE.

Can still shed Kork, Shake, and Thybulle salary. 

If they wanted to shed shake why pick up his option?

46 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is what i am hoping for

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bye Danny 

Embiid did Danny in. Embiid gets injured, and dishes out injuries. 😂

52 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

How poor are they that need permission to buy a pick lol