Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

Patty Mills declined 6.2M option with the Nets

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wish he was the HC. I actually think players respect him and he knows how to get through to guys. I don’t know about in game coaching. Probably need 2 years to get it down. But i think he’s gonna be a good HC someday 

Willie Green figured it out in a year. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Willie Green figured it out in a year. 

 feel that’s the outlier not the norm. 

Before I saw Murray to the Hawks I thought this could happen as two separate trades. 
image.thumb.png.1bf95a249c419fab1e23631c40766598.png
 

Harden is working really hard already and is going to take a bargain salary in the mid 30s?  
 

:roll: 

6 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Harden is working really hard already and is going to take a bargain salary in the mid 30s?  
 

:roll: 

He’s such a terrible teammate. He should be paying the 76ers for the privilege of putting on their uniform.

What a moron 

 

 

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

What a moron 

 

 

Clearly nailing free agency 

Windy says he doesnt think Philly is done (re what's next after harden extension). Says he's hearing a lot about Tobias Harris trade talks.

 

We could be entering the deal zone!!!

so is anyone willing to talk crazy w what this means? why would Morey be trying to get off of Tobi right now? The Harden opt out and team friendly resign helps sign PJ Tucker. You don't need to force out Tobi anymore to do that. 

Morey is working on something. and I doubt his motivation in dumping the biggest contract on the team at the moment is so he can sign Divencenzo and Patty Mills. 

it's great that morey is looking to upgrade by moving tobi. tobi just isn't a great fit with this team. he's not a natural catch & shoot guy and isn't a very good rebounder either. 

I really don't like the Barnes/Holmes idea that the guys on realgm keep bringing up. 

I think Harris to Barnes is a downgrade. Might be better fit but I just don't see it moving the needle,  at least not in a positive way. 

 

I'd guess it's a sign and trade possibility where we can land a big FA for a discount.  Like Harris for Beal. 

I don't think they're going to turn Harris in to 2 lesser players. 

Thats my question

unless he can land you a high level guy why move tobi?

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats my question

unless he can land you a high level guy why move tobi?

 

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I really don't like the Barnes/Holmes idea that the guys on realgm keep bringing up. 

I think Harris to Barnes is a downgrade. Might be better fit but I just don't see it moving the needle,  at least not in a positive way. 

 

I'd guess it's a sign and trade possibility where we can land a big FA for a discount.  Like Harris for Beal. 

I don't think they're going to turn Harris in to 2 lesser players. 

we need depth though. Legitimately didn't have anything last year. 

Tobi + Thybulle for Barnes/Richaun/Justin Holiday would be fine with me. Solve the backup C thing finally (Richaun signed for 4 years) and swap out the two forwards. Barnes is a slight downgrade IMO and Holiday = Thybulle. But I think Thybulle absolutely blows and will need to be paid soon, so maybe thats ultimately a lack of leverage in these talks with him. 

That said, I think Morey knows a deal like this is there if he wants it. I think he's shooting for something bigger. 

if they can move tobi for more of a 3 & D guy who can rebound...that could help. it might not necessarily be a star...just a better fit. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if they can move tobi for more of a 3 & D guy who can rebound...that could help. it might not necessarily be a star...just a better fit. 

the square peg round hole experiment hasn't worked. i'm fine with a better fit at this point. 

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats my question

unless he can land you a high level guy why move tobi?

Not from the sixers side of things, Pompey had a story saying Harris wanted a bigger and more prominent role on a team. That didn’t come from the sixers. It came from Harris’ camp. Frankly I think Harris doesn’t want to be here anymore and that’s why his camp leaked that to Pompey. He rather be elsewhere for that reason. I also believe he likely is tired of dealing with the fan base who really went after him last year to the point he told them not to cheer for him. So i think it could be a mutual sixers and tobias wants out. 

Imo i think the sixers would get more for Harris if they waited til the deadline and really next offseason. He becomes an expiring contract and there might be a team like the spurs willing to take on that contract or a team that has a good player but sees the writing on the wall as it’s time to rebuild willing to take him back as his contract comes off the books at season’s end. 

21 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats my question

unless he can land you a high level guy why move tobi?

At this point does't seem necessary just for salary.  If the harden rumors are true and he takes that much less. 

I'd assume it's only for a major move for a star. Which,  a while ago windhorst said Morey was looking to do this summer. 

i mean, beal has been mentioned some. idk if they'd run a lineup of maxey, harden, beal, tucker, & embiid out there....but morey likes his stars. i'd rather the star be a pf/sf type guy but idk who that would be. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

it's great that morey is looking to upgrade by moving tobi. tobi just isn't a great fit with this team. he's not a natural catch & shoot guy and isn't a very good rebounder either. 

He’s a terrible rebounder. The lack of getting offensive boards have killed them in the playoffs the last two years. 

Just now, Gannan said:

He’s a terrible rebounder. The lack of getting offensive boards have killed them in the playoffs the last two years. 

yeah, i think they were the 2nd worst rebounding team in the nba last season. that has to change. 

 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

 

I’d be pretty happy with Otto Porter jr. I wanted to try to get him last year on a cheap deal. He’s actually a solid role player. Plus he looks like he could be Wilt’s kid so he has that going for him. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.