Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

But this is exactly what Philadelphia needs, especially in that part of the city. And the kicker is it’s all privately funded. It’s a tremendous slam dunk win for the City IMO if this happens.

It's not going to bring that much money to surrounding businesses.

Most businesses will be closed by the time a game ends. 

And since there is so much more hassle added to trying to get there it significantly cuts in to leisure time before the game yoo.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's not going to bring that much money to surrounding businesses.

Most businesses will be closed by the time a game ends. 

And since there is so much more hassle added to trying to get there it significantly cuts in to leisure time before the game yoo.

Where are the majority of the fans coming from? I'd imagine it's mostly filled with people within and on the edge of the city limits. They will still fill the arena and they most likely aren't worried about the handful of people that travel a couple hrs to a few games a season.

The few times I parked in the city or stayed in the city and got a bus, taxi or subway to the games was more enjoyable then dealing with the parking lot morons and getting you car damaged or broken into. 

if a center city arena would mean fewer rubes from hazleton at sixers' games, then i'm all for it!  

The fact that H.E. has whined about this for a few pages now is the #1 greatest thing about the new center city stadium!  

I'm not whining I'm just explaining why it's not better.  The inner city people don't realize anywhere exists outside of Philadelphia.  Their arguments are hilariously closed minded. 

2 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

In my experience, it always sucks navigating to an arena that’s downtown.  There’s absolutely no upside from a logistics perspective, just more BS to contend with, especially when you have a pretty open, dedicated space like we have at the current sports complex.

The ONLY reason for moves like this is to funnel money into 1) the public transit system and 2) private commerce in the area (bars, restaurants, private parking garages, etc).  

I guess you guys never go to any event at MSG.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm not whining I'm just explaining why it's not better.  The inner city people don't realize anywhere exists outside of Philadelphia.  Their arguments are hilariously closed minded. 

Or the Philadelphia 76ers aren't prioritizing fans from Skunk's Crotch Pa.

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I guess you guys never go to any event at MSG.

Please do not compare septa to New York’s public transportation. People making this horrible comparison must not use septa.

5 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Please do not compare septa to New York’s public transportation. People making this horrible comparison must not use septa.

Septa is arguably safer :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

It also works in Salt Lake because they have a massive amount of parking in the area.

It will suck in Philly for anyone not living in the city. If you want to take kids to the game from South Jersey you have to park some other place and take public tran in and then when they are worn out and tired after the game do the same thing home.

there is plenty of parking at night and weekend and the convention center garage is a few blocks west

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm not whining I'm just explaining why it's not better.  The inner city people don't realize anywhere exists outside of Philadelphia.  Their arguments are hilariously closed minded. 

So you're explaining why something that hasn't happened yet is not better.  Got it.  

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Please do not compare septa to New York’s public transportation. People making this horrible comparison must not use septa.

Ha. I disagreed with you on the "rampant crime" argument. But here, you have a point. 

28 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

there is plenty of parking at night and weekend and the convention center garage is a few blocks west

Which I imagine is how it would work here. The proposed site is fairly close to the convention center. 

  • Author

I appreciate the somewhat unique sports complex philly has.  It's a shame for the sixers to leave that.  But you can thank that humanitarian james harden for the sixers having an influx of discretionary funds.  He's a hero.  

47 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I guess you guys never go to any event at MSG.

I've been to a few games, had a great time. The stadium being downtown adds to the electric atmosphere. Kind of like big time musicians will sometimes play at an old side alley venue where they began. Just adds to the excitement IMO. 

47 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Or the Philadelphia 76ers aren't prioritizing fans from Skunk's Crotch Pa.

 You can believe that they care about the blue collar philadelphians if you want. I know they're talking them all up in their press releases saying that they're trying to give back to the city. But when a business spends 1.3 billion to build an arena  they are going to want people with money coming not those who just crawled out of their slum houses looking for $10 tickets at the Box office The night of the game.

 

 The native philadelphians who are completely in favor of this are incredibly naive.

 

 I'm fine with it because it's only going to affect me for 1 or 2 games out of the season. I'm just pointing out that it lacks tons of practicality.

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've been to a few games, had a great time. The stadium being downtown adds to the electric atmosphere. Kind of like big time musicians will sometimes play at an old side alley venue where they began. Just adds to the excitement IMO. 

 You lied. If you attended a game in inner city New York you wouldn't be alive here today to post about it.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

 You can believe that they care about the blue collar philadelphians if you want. I know they're talking them all up in their press releases saying that they're trying to give back to the city. But when a business spends 1.3 billion to build an arena  they are going to want people with money coming not those who just crawled out of their slum houses looking for $10 tickets at the Box office The night of the game.

 

 The native philadelphians who are completely in favor of this are incredibly naive.

 

 I'm fine with it because it's only going to affect me for 1 or 2 games out of the season. I'm just pointing out that it lacks tons of practicality.

 You lied. If you attended a game in inner city New York you wouldn't be alive here today to post about it.

I dont think they care about blue collar fans. I just know that teams are focused on the metropolitan area where they are based. I can pretty much guarantee they aren't the least bit concerned that the new location might inconvenience fans from Hazelton. 

It lacks practicality for you. 

  • Author
Just now, Gannan said:

I dont think they care about blue collar fans. I just know that teams are focused on the metropolitan area where they are based. I can pretty much guarantee they aren't the least bit concerned that the new location might inconvenience fans from Hazelton. 

It lacks practicality for you. 

It lacks practicality for pretty much anyone not living in or around CC.  That’s undeniable.  You can love the idea and still admit that much.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It lacks practicality for pretty much anyone not living in or around CC.  That’s undeniable.  You can love the idea and still admit that much.  

Anyone living in the Delaware valley, all 6 million of us, aren't going to have an issue with it. Park by the convention center or take septa. That abomination of a venue over in Camden where they have concerts lacks practicality. Especially when they close the bridge after the show ends. However, we find a way to deal with it. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Anyone living in the Delaware valley, all 6 million of us, aren't going to have an issue with it. Park by the convention center or take septa. That abomination of a venue over in Camden where they have concerts lacks practicality. Especially when they close the bridge after the show ends. However, we find a way to deal with it. 

When talking about practicality, it's assumed it was being compared to the Wells Fargo.  Not camden.  So again, CC lacks practicality as it compares to the current arena.  That is undeniable.  

  • Author

So practical that people are already lining up for a game.  Can you imagine how much rent will go up at the the Reading Market?   

 

 

2FEAEAB6-3F19-4C15-8A15-3B62134C2749.png

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When talking about practicality, it's assumed it was being compared to the Wells Fargo.  Not camden.  So again, CC lacks practicality as it compares to the current arena.  That is undeniable.  

For parking maybe. Although getting out of there is never fun. Especially if you have another event in one of the other stadiums letting out at the same time. Which is why , along with $50 to park, I started taking Septa to the games. Some people like making a night out of it. So if you want to do a night downtown, it's very practical. There's also the business conference crowd in that area. I've been in other cities like Milwaukee and New Orleans for a conference and decided to take in a game because the arena is close by. 

  • Author

But if the city fixes the crime and safety issue it could be a great thing.  
 

 

That’s a big but.  (Mom thread)

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But if the city fixes the crime and safety issue it could be a great thing.  
 

 

That’s a big but.  (Mom thread)

This has to be done regardless. More stop and frisk. More prosecution of criminals. More maximum sentences. The crime in this city is out of hand, and it shouldn't be tolerated. Nor should the politicians that allow it. 

  • Author

Last time I stayed in CC was for a food show.  I wanna say I stayed at Hampton Inn at the convention center.  I walked to maggiano's for dinner.  Was perfectly safe.  But I wouldn't wanna mug me either...so there's that.  That was maybe 4 years ago.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.