**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

It really can't improve much considering the cap. 

Can trade Harris.  Not sure who you'd get. 

Can trade Thybulle, Furk, Shake for a role player.  Who Doc will need 18 months to figure out how to incorporate in to the rotation.  After which,  the team will need another 12 months to gel.

I think Harris is gone. Imo It really just becomes a matter of when . I think they’d prefer the deadline if they could move him then and make a deal where they get something in return that helps in either making the roster better or clearing the space to then make the roster better. 

Looks the same. Another nice 50-55 win season, 3 or 4 seed, disappointing exit. Lousy coach.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess this happened.

Must have been mad he got boo'd.

Soft loser player 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess this happened.

Must have been mad he got boo'd.

Butt hurt that Giannis and Lopez punk'd his whiny ass all night and he didn't get any calls

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Besides some of the other things you guys have talked about, i don’t see this starting lineup with Harris and tucker in it working out. I don’t think either can play the 3 well enough to make it work. Both are better playing the 4 which means one should be coming off the bench. Really not sure what you can do until the deadline when Harris becomes a somewhat valuable trade chip as he becomes an expiring contract at the end of the season and someone might want to take that on and then buy him out this offseason. 

also niang and house have been pretty useless offensively so far through 1.5 games. 

This is what it looks like to me as well. The front court looks slow and just plain bad. At least Tucker is fighting for rebounds. Harris looks lost out there. 

• Like 1

Kind of sad that were are 2 games into the season and the only thing to get excited about is free chicken nuggets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right now we're getting mopey Joel.  We've seen this before and it's frustrating but it's part of the package.  When his energy goes up, the team will go on a streak.  It's as predictable as the tides. 

52 minutes ago, Gannan said:

This is what it looks like to me as well. The front court looks slow and just plain bad. At least Tucker is fighting for rebounds. Harris looks lost out there. 

The issue is you can have one out there about not both. the sixers really lack athleticism in their starting lineup. Harris and tucker aren’t super athletic guys. Solid to good players but we need an athletic 3-D wing. Which is highly coveted in the league. I actually would prefer they bring either Harris or tucker off the bench but they don’t really have a great option to start. Could start melton but he’s undersized and you’d be really small with basically 3 guards. Thybulle hasn’t been playing and can’t shoot. It’s a problem.

I think the writing is on the wall for Harris. It’s only a matter of when he’s moved and we will see what he brings back or the corresponding move is. They need to fire doc cause he’s a moron but as constructed i just think they aren’t as good as Boston or Milwaukee. Until both of these things occur they are likely the 3rd or 4th best team in the east.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

biggest weakness on this team is still the lack of athletic wings. 

Hardest position to get and they won't go anywhere without one. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Hardest position to get and they won't go anywhere without one. 

agreed. it's a big reason they usually get crushed by boston...who has 2 althletic wings. 

meanwhile...we have tobi & pj tucker. :lol:  

2 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Right now we're getting mopey Joel.  We've seen this been and it's frustrating but it's part of the package.  When his energy goes up, the team will go on a streak.  It's as predictable as the tides. 

It's the legit start of the season, why is he pouting already. 

Hes not in shape, apparently still due to the facial fracture he suffered in the 1st round of the playoffs

Joel Embiid collided with PJ Tucker while playing defense in the second quarter, and both went down in pain. Embiid got up holding his face, which is worrisome considering he suffered a facial fracture and a concussion in the playoffs.

Afterward, Embiid said he was OK, but he’s still working his way back from the original facial injury.

"I’m feeling OK,” said the big fella. "I’m still working my way back. I’ve had an on-and-off summer as far as really being able to do stuff on the basketball court, but I got four or five days to be ready and I’ll be ready.”

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

trying to get glenn fired? :unsure:  

Everyone thought he was going to the Lakers over the summer. Maybe he is trying 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hes not in shape, apparently still due to the facial fracture he suffered in the 1st round of the playoffs

How does that affect cardio. Dude didn't train this summer basically 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Everyone thought he was going to the Lakers over the summer. Maybe he is trying 

How does that affect cardio. Dude didn't train this summer basically 

Thats pretty much what he said. Saying he wasnt able to be on the court as much as he wanted this summer.

In another interview he joked that he was in bed all summer. Maybe thats not far from the truth.

But I was told they had a great off-season and added to the bench and got tougher and all of that cool stuff.  

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But I was told they had a great off-season and added to the bench and got tougher and all of that cool stuff.  

And Harden sacrificed his quality of life!!!

46 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And Harden sacrificed his quality of life!!!

As i said at the time. If Harden gave up money,  he should have changed his mind once he heard how the 7ers planned to spend it.

We added a whole bunch of toughness without much skill. 

Celtics are good because they are tough,  and skilled. 

Just toughness won't cut it. 

• Like 1