Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

We dont even look like we have a defense out there. Celtics are gettign whatever, wherever they want it.

And this shooting is just insane. All night long. Ridiculous.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

2nd unit needs a scorer. 

I stand by my Kemba comment earlier. 

I think he can still be an effective bench scorer 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Giannis, yes. But I dont see their team shooting this type of percentage. Which is pretty much needed to beat Philly.

We got a sub-par performance from Embiid, and Maxey.

Jrue is 40%, Grayson is 40% on, Khris is 39% from 3. Heck, Portis shot 40% last 2 years. 

They have shooters around Giannis. 

Just now, iladelphxx said:

2nd unit needs a scorer. 

I stand by my Kemba comment earlier. 

I think he can still be an effective bench scorer 

The entire bench is brand new. I expect that to improve a lot. House will have nights he hits a couple 3s. I think Harrell can use more than 11 minutes, and he can potentially average 12-14 a night on offense and be a 6th man of the year candidate.

I am confident there are a lot of good things to come from the bench.

2 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

2nd unit needs a scorer. 

I stand by my Kemba comment earlier. 

I think he can still be an effective bench scorer 

Melton will get more shots than his 4 tonight. 

team still stinks.

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Jrue is 40%, Grayson is 40% on, Khris is 39% from 3. Heck, Portis shot 40% last 2 years. 

They have shooters around Giannis. 

meh... guess we will find out next game. 

Boston has our number for years. We can always match up with Milwaukee. 

So much for improving the bench and the defense 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

team still stinks.

Coach stinks.

Its so frustrating to continue to hear how they are going to take a while to gel yet.

We hear the same damn thing every year. 

They have so many new players, and looked like the exact same team with 0 bench contribution tonight.

I think those players will figure it out. But as for tonight, it looks like the coach has no answers on how to put it all together.

Its as if the entire offseason caught him off guard. He didnt realize we signed some new guys and hasnt had any practices with them yet. Like, wtf?

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

So much for improving the bench and the defense 

Im blaming Doc for that. But I also expect it to come around in the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

So much for improving the bench and the defense 

Korkmaz is going to have to play 

Going Undefe.......they suck

Ugh.  I hate losing to the Cs more than any team in sports. 

I hate that they wasted an efficient shooting night from harden.  Hopefully he has more of these nights. We'll see. 

  • Author

Didn't watch much with the Phillies being on.  I did switch back over a few times, only to see Embiid on the floor....everytime I switched back and then the scuffle with Smart.  I wish the big guy would just lose his crap one day, get ejected but just go off.  He's fake tough and then backs down when someone challenges him.  I wonder when he'll get hurt this season?  Best to get it out of the way now.    

let's get a new thread going for the new season! 

USATSI_19121884-scaled-e1664336285168.jp

 

tough loss last night...it always sucks to lose to boston <_<  but it will take time for the team to gel with the additions of tucker, melton, house, & harrell to the rotation. another tough one against the bucks coming up tomorrow. 

First

57 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Didn't watch much with the Phillies being on.  I did switch back over a few times, only to see Embiid on the floor....everytime I switched back and then the scuffle with Smart.  I wish the big guy would just lose his crap one day, get ejected but just go off.  He's fake tough and then backs down when someone challenges him.  I wonder when he'll get hurt this season?  Best to get it out of the way now.    

He's already behind in his conditioning because of something he dealt with over the offseason. He took 6 3s last night.  Only made 1. And had 6 turnovers.

He said a few days ago he was on and off he court not doing as much as he would have liked but he has 5 days to get ready and he will be ready. 

Well, he wasn't ready. 

  • Author
11 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Ugh.  I hate losing to the Cs more than any team in sports. 

I hate that they wasted an efficient shooting night from harden.  Hopefully he has more of these nights. We'll see. 

More than the Cowboys? 

i thought embiid played pretty poorly last night...sluggish on both ends & really slowed down the offense.

 

put up 25 pts & 15 rebs in the boxscore somehow. :lol: 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

i thought embiid played pretty poorly last night...sluggish on both ends & really slowed down the offense.

 

put up 25 pts & 15 rebs in the boxscore somehow. :lol: 

Save exact thing.  I thought he sucked.  Then saw the numbers.  Box score really didn't tell the story...

correction  26 & 15...with 5 assists.  :lol: 

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He's already behind in his conditioning because of something he dealt with over the offseason. He took 6 3s last night.  Only made 1. And had 6 turnovers.

He said a few days ago he was on and off he court not doing as much as he would have liked but he has 5 days to get ready and he will be ready. 

Well, he wasn't ready. 

rookie year "thin" embiid had some nice quickness & was a great defender. 

 

 

at some point he decided to bulk up & try to become shaq...and lost some agility as a result. still a great player and mvp candidate every season...but plays at a slower pace. 

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i thought embiid played pretty poorly last night...sluggish on both ends & really slowed down the offense.

 

put up 25 pts & 15 rebs in the boxscore somehow. :lol: 

 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Save exact thing.  I thought he sucked.  Then saw the numbers.  Box score really didn't tell the story...

That makes 3 of us. I think it was the timing and the impact it had on the game. I think he had the worst plus minus of any Sixer at one point.

He manged to get the Celtics into foul trouble as well. A terrible game for Embiid is a great game for someone else which is scary. 

Maxey also  had a bad game and still had more than 20 points as well. If they weren't turnstiles on defense they probably win

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

rookie year "thin" embiid had some nice quickness & was a great defender. 

 

 

at some point he decided to bulk up & try to become shaq...and lost some agility as a result. still a great player and mvp candidate every season...but plays at a slower pace. 

I think most bigger guys bulk up naturally. They put on size so they don't get pushed around down low. For his size Embiid is still pretty agile, you just don't get the repeat efforts or the ability to go at top speed as consistently as someone carrying far less Chick-fil-A

14 minutes ago, Mat said:

I think most bigger guys bulk up naturally. They put on size so they don't get pushed around down low. For his size Embiid is still pretty agile, you just don't get the repeat efforts or the ability to go at top speed as consistently as someone carrying far less Chick-fil-A

indeed.

i see it most on the defensive end. he used to be able to switch onto guards & hold his own. these days, they're able to blow right by him & score most of the time. 

17 minutes ago, Mat said:

 

That makes 3 of us. I think it was the timing and the impact it had on the game. I think he had the worst plus minus of any Sixer at one point.

He manged to get the Celtics into foul trouble as well. A terrible game for Embiid is a great game for someone else which is scary. 

Maxey also  had a bad game and still had more than 20 points as well. If they weren't turnstiles on defense they probably win

Thats what keeps me from getting too down on them after last night. It was 1 game. And so disappointing to see them look just like last years 6ers. But you know with all of these new players, there has to be something new in store which is just going to take time to develop.

You gotta expect we will get more production out of Harrell off the bench. 

At least one of Melton or House should be able to give us double digits on any given night as well.

 

And as a team, the defense is going to gel.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.