**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I’m not going to overreact to just two games, but Embiid really hasn’t been good. Don’t know what’s up with him but he needs to get his crap together. 

• Like 1

I hope Embiid knows his role tonight and just plays D and acts as a decoy. Would love it if he set some good screens to get looks for Harden or Maxey.

Last thing we need is him trying to take over and turning it over on doule teams. Harden is hot. Ride him till he cools and then try Maxey.

Ok. How about Tucker set some screens, and let Embiid go to the paint to maybe rebound some Harden misses?

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think 1 game was easy to throw out. I now thing, being embarrassed in game 2 should really get legitimate hot seat talk going for Doc.

Yes, of course its early. But this team is far, far away from competing with two of the Easts elite.

I dont think we can keep making excuses for him. Other teams went through an offseason of the exact same length, made free agent acquisitions, etc. Other teams are ready to play. Our team looks like the season hit them 2 months too early.

We have 1 new player in the starting lineup. Thats not that extreme. They should look better, and they dont.

Doc is an idiot and should be fired. I’m doubting  they do it midseason cause they don’t want to pay him the money with the amount of time still on his contract and pay the new coach. That said i don’t think this roster is what it looks like after the trade deadline tbh. 

• Like 1

immediately embiid harden 2 man game results in long 3 attempts missed by Harden, and then a turnover trying to work a pick and role. 

Embiid instantly killed the whole flow for the team.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Doc is an idiot and should be fired. I’m doubting  they do it midseason cause they don’t want to pay him the money with the amount of time still on his contract and pay the new coach. That said i don’t think this roster is what it looks like after the trade deadline tbh. 

This offensive scheme with the starters is a joke. Harden dribbling around and no one moving. Joel never rolling to them rim on the pick and rolls. No one else slashing or setting screens. 

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This offensive scheme with the starters is a joke. Harden dribbling around and no one moving. Joel never rolling to them rim on the pick and rolls. No one else slashing or setting screens. 

So the offense looks like it did with the rockets and James harden? That’s what the rockets would do except they had capella who’d roll to the basket and they’d find him occasionally for the dunk or alley oop

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So the offense looks like it did with the rockets and James harden? That’s what the rockets would do except they had capella who’d roll to the basket and they’d find him occasionally for the dunk or alley oop

It’s not suppose to be. It’s suppose to go through Joel, according by to doc. This harden can’t do what that harden did. Doesn’t have the same burst. He is only asserting himself because nothing else is working. This offense stinks!

Friggin Embiid. I know thats out on Milwaukee but what an ill advised pass. 

lol its actually out on Maxey. Embiid really lucked out with another idiotic play.

Horrible decision by Harris to try to help considering embiid is on Allen and Allen would have to basically shoot over the arms of embiid inside the arc so at worse it’s tied not down 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Horrible decision by Harris to try to help considering embiid is on Allen and Allen would have to basically shoot over the arms of embiid inside the arc so at worse it’s tied not down 1

That last play drawn up was terrible. I’m ready for Sam. If we need to lose 8 out the next 12, so be it. It will help in the long run. I know we won’t actually lose that many and Doc will stay. 

ok. 2 games in. time to get the fire Doc chants going. Make it trend online. Get it all over the philly radio shows. put it on billboards. crank the heat.

Milwaukee isnt even at full strength. 

at least those fans get free chick fil a. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

That last play drawn up was terrible. I’m ready for Sam. If we need to lose 8 out the next 12, so be it. It will help in the long run. I know we won’t actually lose that many and Doc will stay. 

Yeah wasn’t a good play. Doc is an idiot and really the sixers are wasting embiid’s career keeping him knowing he is a marginal coach at this stage of his career

that said Harris defensive play was as bad when you watch the replay. There’s no way Allen gets a good look at the basket with embiid there. Harris saved Allen from likely having to either take a bad shot or call a timeout. Harris had played enough with embiid to know don’t leave a shooter especially there’s no reason to help embiid.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Same loser team.  Get rid of doc, trade Embiid for a haul 

DF2CC271-B98D-4263-92BF-C4E039B3FDFE.gif

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It really can't improve much considering the cap. 

Can trade Harris.  Not sure who you'd get. 

Can trade Thybulle, Furk, Shake for a role player.  Who Doc will need 18 months to figure out how to incorporate in to the rotation.  After which,  the team will need another 12 months to gel.

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Doc Rivers can't draw up an inbounds play to save his life 

"Let's get it to Embiid for a 3. If he's not open we are going to screen for James. He's going to drive left and settle for a fade away layup from outside of the paint. Win on 3. 1-2-3 Win!"

• Haha 1