**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

So much for improving the bench and the defense 

Korkmaz is going to have to play 

Ugh.  I hate losing to the Cs more than any team in sports. 

I hate that they wasted an efficient shooting night from harden.  Hopefully he has more of these nights. We'll see. 

Didn't watch much with the Phillies being on.  I did switch back over a few times, only to see Embiid on the floor....everytime I switched back and then the scuffle with Smart.  I wish the big guy would just lose his crap one day, get ejected but just go off.  He's fake tough and then backs down when someone challenges him.  I wonder when he'll get hurt this season?  Best to get it out of the way now.    

let's get a new thread going for the new season! 

USATSI_19121884-scaled-e1664336285168.jp

tough loss last night...it always sucks to lose to boston <_<  but it will take time for the team to gel with the additions of tucker, melton, house, & harrell to the rotation. another tough one against the bucks coming up tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Didn't watch much with the Phillies being on.  I did switch back over a few times, only to see Embiid on the floor....everytime I switched back and then the scuffle with Smart.  I wish the big guy would just lose his crap one day, get ejected but just go off.  He's fake tough and then backs down when someone challenges him.  I wonder when he'll get hurt this season?  Best to get it out of the way now.    

He's already behind in his conditioning because of something he dealt with over the offseason. He took 6 3s last night.  Only made 1. And had 6 turnovers.

He said a few days ago he was on and off he court not doing as much as he would have liked but he has 5 days to get ready and he will be ready. 

Well, he wasn't ready. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Ugh.  I hate losing to the Cs more than any team in sports. 

I hate that they wasted an efficient shooting night from harden.  Hopefully he has more of these nights. We'll see. 

More than the Cowboys? 

i thought embiid played pretty poorly last night...sluggish on both ends & really slowed down the offense.

put up 25 pts & 15 rebs in the boxscore somehow. :lol: 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

i thought embiid played pretty poorly last night...sluggish on both ends & really slowed down the offense.

Save exact thing.  I thought he sucked.  Then saw the numbers.  Box score really didn't tell the story...

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He's already behind in his conditioning because of something he dealt with over the offseason. He took 6 3s last night.  Only made 1. And had 6 turnovers.

He said a few days ago he was on and off he court not doing as much as he would have liked but he has 5 days to get ready and he will be ready. 

Well, he wasn't ready. 

rookie year "thin" embiid had some nice quickness & was a great defender. 

at some point he decided to bulk up & try to become shaq...and lost some agility as a result. still a great player and mvp candidate every season...but plays at a slower pace. 

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Save exact thing.  I thought he sucked.  Then saw the numbers.  Box score really didn't tell the story...

That makes 3 of us. I think it was the timing and the impact it had on the game. I think he had the worst plus minus of any Sixer at one point.

He manged to get the Celtics into foul trouble as well. A terrible game for Embiid is a great game for someone else which is scary. 

Maxey also  had a bad game and still had more than 20 points as well. If they weren't turnstiles on defense they probably win

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

rookie year "thin" embiid had some nice quickness & was a great defender. 

at some point he decided to bulk up & try to become shaq...and lost some agility as a result. still a great player and mvp candidate every season...but plays at a slower pace. 

I think most bigger guys bulk up naturally. They put on size so they don't get pushed around down low. For his size Embiid is still pretty agile, you just don't get the repeat efforts or the ability to go at top speed as consistently as someone carrying far less Chick-fil-A

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mat said:

I think most bigger guys bulk up naturally. They put on size so they don't get pushed around down low. For his size Embiid is still pretty agile, you just don't get the repeat efforts or the ability to go at top speed as consistently as someone carrying far less Chick-fil-A

indeed.

i see it most on the defensive end. he used to be able to switch onto guards & hold his own. these days, they're able to blow right by him & score most of the time. 

17 minutes ago, Mat said:

That makes 3 of us. I think it was the timing and the impact it had on the game. I think he had the worst plus minus of any Sixer at one point.

He manged to get the Celtics into foul trouble as well. A terrible game for Embiid is a great game for someone else which is scary. 

Maxey also  had a bad game and still had more than 20 points as well. If they weren't turnstiles on defense they probably win

Thats what keeps me from getting too down on them after last night. It was 1 game. And so disappointing to see them look just like last years 6ers. But you know with all of these new players, there has to be something new in store which is just going to take time to develop.

You gotta expect we will get more production out of Harrell off the bench. 

At least one of Melton or House should be able to give us double digits on any given night as well.

And as a team, the defense is going to gel.

• Like 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

indeed.

i see it most on the defensive end. he used to be able to switch onto guards & hold his own. these days, they're able to blow right by him & score most of the time. 

Part of that is also his conditioning. He was playing limited minutes in his rookie season and wasn't carrying the majority of the offense which he is now. They take plays off on the defensive end of the court 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

indeed.

The D will have to gel as a team because individually we are slow (embiid, tucker, Harris) and lack length (Maxey, Harden, Tucker, Harrell, Harris...). Its not a team thats physically conducive to great defense.

We got a lot of tough guys who are supposed to be tough defenders, but theyre not guys who are 1 on 1 lock down type defenders.

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

Part of that is also his conditioning. He was playing limited minutes in his rookie season and wasn't carrying the majority of the offense which he is now. They take plays off on the defensive end of the court 

He was definitely quicker as a thin guy. He was a better shot blocker too because he was a better leaper, and could come across the lane easily on help.

He bulked up for bully ball, but still likes to do things like taking 6 3 attempts and live in the mid range.

I wish he would thin out again, or committ to the bully ball play style, not just physique

Embiid quote today saying they settled back in to a lot of their old habits. Mainly mentioned ball not moving. 

Also elaborated that they need to play better off the Embiid/Harden pick and roll. There should be a 2nd action and 3rd action off of those. Boston defended it well at times, and the ball stuck. 

Quite honestly, Embiid may be too good to move on from. But he is the one consistent over all of these years of lazy, sloppy turnovers, stagnant offense with no ball movement, and big time let down games... I just dont think hes ever going to lead us to a championship. Ben was guilty too, but all of those troubles remain after he is gone.

We just had a big offseason of building around Embiid, bringing in his hand picked free agent, and other guys in the same mold.

I hope thats it. From now on, every offseason move should be made in the mindset of building around Maxey.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Embiid quote today saying they settled back in to a lot of their old habits. Mainly mentioned ball not moving. 

Also elaborated that they need to play better off the Embiid/Harden pick and roll. There should be a 2nd action and 3rd action off of those. Boston defended it well at times, and the ball stuck. 

Quite honestly, Embiid may be too good to move on from. But he is the one consistent over all of these years of lazy, sloppy turnovers, stagnant offense with no ball movement, and big time let down games... I just dont think hes ever going to lead us to a championship. 

We just had a big offseason of building around Embiid, bringing in his hand picked free agent, and other guys in the same mold.

I hope thats it. From now on, every offseason move should be made in the mindset of building around Maxey.

You don't win rings building around small guards. At best he is the 2nd best guy on a team. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

You don't win rings building around small guards. 

So add bigger guards around him. Winning teams strength is at the perimeter.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

More than the Cowboys? 

For me, yes.  I have the Cowboys on my 2nd hate tier with the Mets and NJ Giants. 

• Like 1