**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Who still thinks Harden looks washed? Raise your hands. 

He has burst to the rim, added a midrange step back, is hitting 3’s at almost 40% with high volume, and has been clutch in the 4th the last few games. 22/6/11 isn’t bad for a washed guy who plays way too many minutes a game. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Who still thinks Harden looks washed? Raise your hands. 

He has burst to the rim, added a midrange step back, is hitting 3’s at almost 40% with high volume, and has been clutch in the 4th the last few games. 22/6/11 isn’t bad for a washed guy who plays way too many minutes a game. 

None of it matters until the playoffs at this point for the Sixers. Both Embiid and Harden track records are prove me wrong when it matters 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

None of it matters until the playoffs at this point for the Sixers. Both Embiid and Harden track records are prove me wrong when it matters 

Their pick and roll is almost unstoppable. But yes, I fear for the playoffs for many reasons, including Doc.

Tobias has been super efficient this year. He added a left handed finish, he is way more aggressive, his isolation has been good and he has gotten better at catch and shoot 3’s. This version of Tobi I’m not trading for at least another year. 

13 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/nba_rumors_philadelphia_76ers_could_trade_for_eric_gordon/s1_16751_38356834

I don't see it unless they trade Harris - which makes no sense to do for 34 year old Gordon. 

He isn’t needed. Harden, Maxey, Melton and Milton are fine. We need a rebounder or a stretch 4. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Apparently Maxey went to Glen with the idea of coming off the bench. 

The overall team defense is better with Melton starting. Maxey can cook off the bench against back ups. He can’t be fully utilized with Harden and Embiid on the court. He can still get 27-30 minutes a game and depending on the situation, he or Melton can finish the game with the starters. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Their pick and roll is almost unstoppable. But yes, I fear for the playoffs for many reasons, including Doc.

Tobias has been super efficient this year. He added a left handed finish, he is way more aggressive, his isolation has been good and he has gotten better at catch and shoot 3’s. This version of Tobi I’m not trading for at least another year. 

Teams also play a base defense during the regular season and don't really game plan. 

He is shooting the same % in catch and shoot as last year, 35.3% to 36.7% this year.

Sixer fans just don't care anymore about the regular season, Harden especially needs to prove it when it matters, in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

I watched the end of the third/start of the last when I got to work. Did Maxey come off the bench? He was dominating with the second unit at the start of the last

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone notice 3-0 so far on this road trip out west?

The Embiid/Harden combo is rolling 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

I watched the end of the third/start of the last when I got to work. Did Maxey come off the bench? He was dominating with the second unit at the start of the last

The Embiid/Harden combo is rolling 

Yes. 

And Maxey did come off the bench. It was reportedly his idea to do so. 

6 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone notice 3-0 so far on this road trip out west?

I was expecting 3-2 for the trip.  4-1 would be sweet. 

On 1/16/2023 at 6:49 PM, Khani1 said:

The overall team defense is better with Melton starting. Maxey can cook off the bench against back ups. He can’t be fully utilized with Harden and Embiid on the court. He can still get 27-30 minutes a game and depending on the situation, he or Melton can finish the game with the starters. 

100% behind this strategy

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Is that a new clip? He wrote about that years ago in a long,  good article in the players tribune.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Is that a new clip? He wrote about that years ago in a long,  good article in the players tribune.

I think he mentioned it again and most people don't remember he discussed this before.