**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

"Brooklyn has not committed been called for a single foul in the 2nd half.” That sentence pretty much says it all.

• Like 1

As frustrating as this game has been, it's been entertaining. Kind of reminding me of the Heat series a few years ago. 

Love embiid but his ability to score in this series has been awful the past two nights. He’s averaging 20 ppg after tonight’s performance. And each game he’s gotten worse. Gone from 26 to 20 to 14. He’s getting worse offensively each game. Not winning a title with embiid only getting 20 a night against Boston or Milwaukee. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Love embiid but his ability to score in this series has been awful the past two nights. He’s averaging 20 ppg after tonight’s performance. And each game he’s gotten worse. Gone from 26 to 20 to 14. He’s getting worse offensively each game. Not winning a title with embiid only getting 20 a night against Boston or Milwaukee. 

Doc is doing him zero favors by just catching it where he does. Not putting in Embiid in any positions, he is okay with the support cast winning the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And those teams have better players to throw double teams at him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Doc is doing him zero favors by just catching it where he does. Not putting in Embiid in any positions, he is okay with the support cast winning the game. 

That’s how I felt the other night. I said is doc going to make an adjustment or is He just going to hope that these guys continue to make shots. It’s really not a great strategy after the first round.  It will work against Brooklyn but it’s not going to work long term if other teams go with the strategy as they have better talent and i don’t see our guys making the same clip against better opponents like Boston and Milwaukee 

How the hell is that a foul on Tucker? Even if you're somehow going to call that, there's no way that's a shooting foul.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s how I felt the other night. I said is doc going to make an adjustment or is He just going to hope that these guys continue to make shots.  It will work against Brooklyn but it’s not going to work long term if other teams go with the strategy. 

Low left block or FT extended facing up but he has him at 3p line. Really is bone headed coaching 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Low left block or FT extended facing up but he has him at 3p line. Really is bone headed coaching 

They explained it the last game. That with them in a zone the double teams come faster to the lower block and embiid can't see the whole court. If he gets it up top it takes the double team to get there longer and embiid can see over the double team and the whole floor. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

They explained it the last game. That with them in a zone the double teams come faster to the lower block and embiid can't see the whole court. If he gets it up top it takes the double team to get there longer and embiid can see over the double team and the whole floor. 

That works but ultimately you want the ball in his hands. Get him in positions to score, he isn't Jokic 

Annoying game, but I'll take the W. That was the Nets giving us their best shot, and it wasn't enough, even with a BS Harden ejection. I expect a blowout Saturday to complete the sweep.

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If the Sixers don’t get past the Celtics in the second round, doc has to go. Cause you’re not gonna get any more out the talent and doc isn’t going to become better as a coach. You are basically getting what you are getting from him after two years with largely this same unit. The second thing they need to do is get better quality depth. I look at Milwaukee and I look at Boston,  have stars but their stars have nice role players. they could go eight or nine deep without having a dramatic drop off. The Sixers really don’t know what you are gonna get from Harris, tucker, mcdaniels, niang, Paul Reed game to game. It’s a problem. It’s why the bucks and Celtics can survive against better teams if Giannis or Tatum/brown dont play well offensively 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the Sixers don’t get past the Celtics in the second round, doc has to go. Cause you’re not gonna get any more out the talent and doc isn’t going to become better as a coach. You anre basically getting what you anre getting from him after two years  with largely this unit. The second thing they need to do is get better quality depth. I look at Milwaukee and I look at Boston,  have stars but their stars have nice role players. they could go eight or nine deep without having a dramatic drop off. The Sixers really don’t know what you are gonna get from Harris, tucker, mcdaniels, niang, Paul Reed game to game. It’s a problem. It’s why the bucks and Celtics can survive against better teams if Giannis or Tatum/brown dont play well offensively 

Yep. The only bench player I have much faith in is Melton. Reed and McDaniels are solid enough, but they need more. Niang is too streaky with his shooting and terrible on defense.

If they lose in the second round again, which unfortunately I think they will, they need to overhaul the roster in addition to a coaching change. For me the only "untouchable" is Maxey, anyone else is fair game for trade. I love Embiid, but he doesn't have much time left before his body gives out on him. Get as much as you can for him coming off an MVP season if that's what it takes to fix the roster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the Sixers don’t get past the Celtics in the second round, doc has to go. Cause you’re not gonna get any more out the talent and doc isn’t going to become better as a coach. You are basically getting what you are getting from him after two years with largely this same unit. The second thing they need to do is get better quality depth. I look at Milwaukee and I look at Boston,  have stars but their stars have nice role players. they could go eight or nine deep without having a dramatic drop off. The Sixers really don’t know what you are gonna get from Harris, tucker, mcdaniels, niang, Paul Reed game to game. It’s a problem. It’s why the bucks and Celtics can survive against better teams if Giannis or Tatum/brown dont play well offensively 

Celtics got so lucky getting Al for a bag of basketballs. 

Brodgen cost a 1st and a bust of a 1st player. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yep. The only bench player I have much faith in is Melton. Reed and McDaniels are solid enough, but they need more. Niang is too streaky with his shooting and terrible on defense.

Problem is how do you replace Harris as a starter and still find depth.

They could win it all this year and be moot. If not, roster will have a lot of questions next year.