**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Stop trying to feed to Embiid when he is too far out or already sitting next to a double or triple team. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Celtics are the better team with ability to play different ways with Robert Williams, White, Brogden, and Grant Williams to be a body. 

4th quarter is important because we will see  Harden playing one day of rest. Nets already were hunting him in the 3rd. How is the Achilles?

They can play multitude of ways but I actually think it’s better if they employ the same type of plan. If Harden, Harris and Maxey beat me, I can live with that.  if I can frustrate Joel Embiid and make it so they have to step up that is in my benefit. I don’t think they will over a 7 game series. Not only that brown can guard maxey with his size and athleticism make life difficult for the sixers. I’d try to send the double nearly every time from tucker and harris’ guy and force them to beat me consistently.

tbh not sure you’re going to get full James Harden with that type of injury going on. That’s an offseason heal up thing and you hope it doesn’t snap at some point in this run. 

Bball Paul is actually useful tonight. And thats an understatement. 

Ill probably never be solid. But maybe a good playoff performance can build trade value.

Joel didn’t have a great offensive game but he was a monster on the boards and was great rim protector. 

Defense was really good in the second half. Held Brooklyn to 35 points. Cam had 6 points in the second half. 

Horford, Tatum, Brown, Smart, White, will be the Celtics five and all can shoot the 3, it will be like this game. Spread you out 

35 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Stop trying to feed to Embiid when he is too far out or already sitting next to a double or triple team. 

I disagree, that was actually a good adjustment. They kept getting it to him up top, then as soon as the defense collapsed on him it was a quick pass out to an open man. It was smart based on how Brooklyn was playing him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Horford, Tatum, Brown, Smart, White, will be the Celtics five and all can shoot the 3, it will be like this game. Spread you out 

Yup and they can score it much easier than the nets and make the sixers pay on defense more.  why if i were the Celtics I’d go with the double strategy of embiid. If the sixers score 96 then i don’t see them winning against Boston cause Boston is much better offensively than the nets. Not sure if Celtics employ what the nets have done with embiid that the sixers can score enough points to win 4 games relying on maxey, Harris, harden and everyone but embiid to score enough with embiid scoring just 23 on average in the series.  

On 4/18/2023 at 10:43 AM, Diehardfan said:

And people wanted to trade Maxey

Not me. Said at the start of the season that if they come up short, I’d be good with trading everyone BUT Maxey. Still only 22, already a 20+ppg scorer. Still too much potential to give him away at such a young age. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Not me. Said at the start of the season that if they come up short, I’d be good with trading everyone BUT Maxey. Still only 22, already a 20+ppg scorer. Still too much potential to give him away at such a young age. 

crazy to think about his age. Like, Thybulle was a senior when drafted. 23 or 24. And a lot of people still thought he had some potential in his 2nd and 3rd year that he would develop something.

Maxey is still just 22, and people have been saying hes not a guy you build around. Kinda crazy. Hes still younger than when we drafted Thybulle. 

I do wonder if its the right move to give him the max. But I accept it because thats the market these days. On the other hand, I wonder if he could be an upper 20s even 30ppg scorer if he is the team's second option.

He may never be a 2 way player. But he might be a pretty special scorer.

Already, him an Iverson are the only 6ers to ever have a 30 point, 5 3 pointer game in the playoffs.

On 4/18/2023 at 10:43 AM, Diehardfan said:

And people wanted to trade Maxey

I said I would trade him in a deal for Bridges and still would.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I said I would trade him in a deal for Bridges and still would.

I would as well. 

What position does he play next year? Does he play more on ball if Harden leaves? 

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

crazy to think about his age. Like, Thybulle was a senior when drafted. 23 or 24. And a lot of people still thought he had some potential in his 2nd and 3rd year that he would develop something.

Maxey is still just 22, and people have been saying hes not a guy you build around. Kinda crazy. Hes still younger than when we drafted Thybulle. 

I do wonder if its the right move to give him the max. But I accept it because thats the market these days. On the other hand, I wonder if he could be an upper 20s even 30ppg scorer if he is the team's second option.

He may never be a 2 way player. But he might be a pretty special scorer.

Already, him an Iverson are the only 6ers to ever have a 30 point, 5 3 pointer game in the playoffs.

Agree. Can’t say yet that he IS a guy you build around, but I also don’t see how anyone can definitively say he isn’t. Everyone has been clamoring for Beal the last few years, but compare he and Maxey’s first 3 years. Maxey’s per 36 points are better than Beal’s, and Beal has never shot the three anywhere close Maxey. 

Now will he continue to further develop to reach the level of prime Bradley Beal? Maybe not, but I cant say that he won’t either. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Agree. Can’t say yet that he IS a guy you build around, but I also don’t see how anyone can definitively say he isn’t. Everyone has been clamoring for Beal the last few years, but compare he and Maxey’s first 3 years. Maxey’s per 36 points are better than Beal’s, and Beal has never shot the three anywhere close Maxey. 

Now will he continue to further develop to reach the level of prime Bradley Beal? Maybe not, but I cant say that he won’t either. 

Beal is nothing more than a 3rd best guy on a championship team. Good stats, bad team