**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Been a few months now and definitely more than smoke at this point 

54 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Been a few months now and definitely more than smoke at this point 

I think he goes back to Houston. I don’t think the 76ers are gonna give him the four year max he wants especially if he doesn’t play well next series. With his age, there’s a rule that they can’t give him the fifth year. Frankly, I don’t know if you want to be paying him a max in about two years. The  issue that the Sixers have is  you made the trade and now you’re gonna have nothing to show for it besides clearing some cap space. But you can’t really use that space because you still have Harris‘s number on the books next year. And by that next offseason Maxey is going to need an extension and Embiid making a Supermax extension so you might not have the full max slot to get somebody in 2025 offseason. Plus there has be someone on the market to bring in at that max spot and wants to come here. I have a feeling you’re gonna wind up seeing embiid ask to be traded at some point in the next two years if harden goes back to Houston. 

It’s also gonna look really bad that they held out just to get James Harden in a year and a half James Harden decided he was going to go back to Houston. Meanwhile, you had the opportunity to get somebody like  Fox or Halliburton, and decided against it  because of the session with James Harden

32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he goes back to Houston. I don’t think the 76ers are gonna give him the four year max he wants especially if he doesn’t play well next series. With his age, there’s a rule that they can’t give him the fifth year. Frankly, I don’t know if you want to be paying him a max in about two years. The  issue that the Sixers have is  you made the trade and now you’re gonna have nothing to show for it besides clearing some cap space. But you can’t really use that space because you still have Harris‘s number on the books next year. And by that next offseason Maxey is going to need an extension and Embiid making a Supermax extension so you might not have the full max slot to get somebody in 2025 offseason. Plus there has be someone on the market to bring in at that max spot and wants to come here. I have a feeling you’re gonna wind up seeing embiid ask to be traded at some point in the next two years if harden goes back to Houston. 

It’s also gonna look really bad that they held out just to get James Harden in a year and a half James Harden decided he was going to go back to Houston. Meanwhile, you had the opportunity to get somebody like  Fox or Halliburton, and decided against it  because of the session with James Harden

I mean they turned Simmons into Harden so that has to be considered a win

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Out of context, turning Simmons in to absolutely anything is a win. 

In context of what happened, and what opportunities were out there, it seems like the wrong decision.

Winning the finals this year will make it a win. Anything less, they shoulda took the younger players who at this point have more talent, and more of a future. 

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean context that Simmons has become what he has become anything is a win. Considering they could’ve had fox or haliburton instead of harden and be set long term as well as short term. Now if harden leaves a hole on the roster and not having an assets to bring the talent they need around embiid and maxey. 

35 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean context that Simmons has become what he has become anything is a win. Considering they could’ve had fox or haliburton instead of harden and be set long term as well as short term. Now if harden leaves a hole on the roster and not having an assets to bring the talent they need around embiid and maxey. 

I do believe if both Harden leaves, and Harris is traded they have a max slot. 

The question is if theyll do the right thing. Likely theyll try to get some washed up "star" rather than really building a great roster.

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I do believe if both Harden leaves, and Harris is traded they have a max slot. 

The question is if theyll do the right thing. Likely theyll try to get some washed up "star" rather than really building a great roster.

i think it depends on what they get for Harris and how long their contracts last on the books. However i believe if i read correctly it isn’t a great FA class. Frankly i think embiid gets upset when harden leaves and sixers take a step back in 2023-24 and he asks out 

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i think it depends on what they get for Harris and how long their contracts last on the books. However i believe if i read correctly it isn’t a great FA class. Frankly i think embiid gets upset when harden leaves and sixers take a step back in 2023-24 and he asks out 

All you want really, is picks for Harris. So you can clear the cap space.

Its not a great free agent class, especially if youre looking for a star.

But I believe you can split up that 36 or so million and get maybe 2 players that really complement the team.

Sign them to 2-3 year, mid range deals to maintain optionality.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

All you want really, is picks for Harris. So you can clear the cap space.

Its not a great free agent class, especially if youre looking for a star.

But I believe you can split up that 36 or so million and get maybe 2 players that really complement the team.

Sign them to 2-3 year, mid range deals to maintain optionality.

Honestly if they just did the haliburton deal and do what you are saying where you split it up this team is likely a better contender for the 2024 season and beyond. The obsession with harden is likely resulting in a team that regresses next year and likely never good enough to beat Boston or Milwaukee 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly if they just did the haliburton deal and do what you are saying where you split it up this team is likely a better contender for the 2024 season and beyond. The obsession with harden is likely resulting in a team that regresses next year and likely never good enough to beat Boston or Milwaukee 

They could have had Murray as well. 

In reality this is what will happen 

Screenshot_20230420-190135.png

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Likely. And honestly I dont hate it because I love Butler. But I just know thats gonna bite us because our luck he begins declining as soon as he gets here. We love our declining or already washed vets.

Maybe you should stop getting posterized by the nets Embiid! 

That's a lot of arrogance from Claxton for a dude that had a whopping total of 5 points in the first two games.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Likely. And honestly I dont hate it because I love Butler. But I just know thats gonna bite us because our luck he begins declining as soon as he gets here. We love our declining or already washed vets.

When Embiid wins MVP in a few days, he will get what he wants and he and Butler are still friends

55 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Tbh I’m fine with butler cause i think he likely tries to keep himself in shape as he gets older. I can totally see once harden gets paid by the rockets he just doesn’t care as much especially being in Houston 

I'm not a big Morey fan, but bringing in Melton was a great move. Just a real solid player on both ends.

Cool now we get to watch harden dribble between his legs 600 times before he passes it

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Anyone complaining about the Tucker signing now? He will be vital next series. 

His signing was always for the playoff and really dictated on what he does during the playoffs. Players like niang and Harris bother me way more than tucker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His signing was always for the playoff and really dictated on what he does during the playoffs. Players like niang and Harris bother me way more than tucker. 

Niang is looking more and more like a playoff choker. Not to mention his turnstile defense.

Just now, nipples said:

Niang is looking more and more like a playoff choker. Not to mention his turnstile defense.

Niang is fine during a long regular season as your 8-9th guy. In the playoff he gets exposed. He doesn’t shoot well enough consistently against better competition. And he is useless defensively. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

The bench should be 

McDaniels, Reed, Melton and nothing else. 

• Like 1