**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

9 minutes ago, Gannan said:

They owe Doc a lot of money. I think they ship Ben in the off season and build the bench and see what Doc can do with a better lineup. While I think Doc's coaching performance in this series is a fireworthy offense, I doubt they do it. 

@HazletonEagleis the cap guy but looks like Sixers are already 12 million over the cap but not in the tax so will get the mid lvl which is 9.7 million or so. Not a ton to work with, but got Hill as an expiring at another 10 million

• Like 1

Dinwiddie, Powell, Hardaway Jr., DeRozen, Monk

Are FA, but they don't have the cap space for any of these guys that can create own shot at the wings. 

Maybe Will Barton but not really a shot creator. 

If someone mentions Victor Oladipo you should be banned from this thread

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

@HazletonEagleis the cap guy but looks like Sixers are already 12 million over the cap but not in the tax so will get the mid lvl which is 9.7 million or so. Not a ton to work with, but got Hill as an expiring at another 10 million

I don't know it well at all to be honest. I posted a lot about it last year since learned myself.

I was thinking our MLE this year was somewhere under 6M

But we do have that horford trade exception as well...

And possibly George Hill can match about 10M for us in a trade but that's still unclear to me. 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Are FA, but they don't have the cap space for any of these guys that can create own shot at the wings. 

Maybe Will Barton but not really a shot creator 

I’d love to get dinwiddie but there’s no way they can afford that with their current cap issues. Powell is gonna opt out of his contract at 11 mil so that’s also unlikely. Derozan is gonna want one last payday  

I made the post last night of trades with both Harris and Simmons to clear space for 22-23 offseason or have a bunch of expiring contracts that offseason. However i don’t See the sixers going that route since they are limited with time with embiid. 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

please trade for lillard. 

You are assuming the blazers don’t hire a coach he wants and he gives it a year to see what happens. I think there’s a good chance that happens. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You are assuming the blazers don’t hire a coach he wants and he gives it a year to see what happens. I think there’s a good chance that happens. 

They have zero assets besides CJ to trade so will be Ground Hog today again

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

"Family members" want Zion Williamson on a new team.

Got Van Gundy fired rightfully so

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They have zero assets besides CJ to trade so will be Ground Hog today again

Got Van Gundy fired rightfully so

Again lillard gets the coach he wants he might give them another year. Kevin O’Connor discussed this in a podcast. The blazers don’t really want to trade him and are willing to cater to his choice for head coach and power in the choice. The rumor is he wants Billups or Kidd. I don’t think it’s a given he just demands out if he gets the coach he wants. Now at the trade deadline or next offseason can totally see that if it again isn’t working. 

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maybe Will Barton but not really a shot creator. 

If someone mentions Victor Oladipo you should be banned from this thread

their only hope of getting a shot creator is through trades. they're not going to be players in free agency. 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Welcome Morey

Screenshot_20210617-140759.png

Screenshot_20210617-140635.png

Not sure the pelicans do that trade. I get ingram and Zion apparently clashing but Ben Simmons and Zion really don’t seem like a good fit together. 

don’t get me wrong I’d be thrilled with a lineup of brogdon, ingram, green, MLE/trade exception to get a stretch four and embiid. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

their only hope of getting a shot creator is through trades. they're not going to be players in free agency. 

They have no cap to be a player. The time they did was when they were stupid and threw money down the drain on over the hill horford who was a terrible fit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They have no cap to be a player. The time they did was when they were stupid and threw money down the drain on over the hill horford who was a terrible fit. 

in case we don't already feel like crap.   in the 2019 offseason, the sixers signed tobias harris to a  5 year $180 million deal, al horford to a 4 year $109 million deal, and mike scott to a 2 year $9.8 million deal. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not sure the pelicans do that trade. I get ingram and Zion apparently clashing but Ben Simmons and Zion really don’t seem like a good fit together. 

don’t get me wrong I’d be thrilled with a lineup of brogdon, ingram, green, MLE/trade exception to get a stretch four and embiid. 

If they get a coach that is modern and plays with pace it would work. I would just play small and run big men off the court. We see it with the Clippers have done with Rudy. 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

not assuming which is why i said please. because i agree, it's a probably not a possibility at this point. 

i just cant watch a 6'10 guy shrivel up anytime he is near the basket with a defender near him any more. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

in case we don't already feel like crap.   in the 2019 offseason, the sixers signed tobias harris to a  5 year $180 million deal, al horford to a 4 year $109 million deal, and mike scott to a 2 year $9.8 million deal. 

Skinny Living Why GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’m feeling better and better about us winning Friday. I know it’s making a lot of people mad and I understand. If I’m wrong, I will punish myself since I will have annoyed enough of you. I won’t post for a week. 

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I’m feeling better and better about us winning Friday. I know it’s making a lot of people mad and I understand. If I’m wrong, I will punish myself since I will have annoyed enough of you. I won’t post for a week. 

Honestly what makes you think they have a chance?  They blew a 26 point lead AT HOME!!!  On the road against a fired up Atlanta team after 2 huge blown leads?  This team of mental midgets is getting blown out by 20+.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If they get a coach that is modern and plays with pace it would work. I would just play small and run big men off the court. We see it with the Clippers have done with Rudy. 

The clippers have better shooters and talent to make that work than Zion and Simmons are going to have out on the floor to make that work. Ben can’t shoot and Zion isn’t there yet as a consistent shooter. He’s shot 29 percent this year from 3. Granted only took .6 threes per game but that tells you he like Ben has to make his living currently at the hoop or inside the paint which will get clogged up since Simmons refuses to shoot. The Pelicans if they deal ingram really have no one on that team that’s a shooter.  Bledsoe 34% from three, NAW 34%, ball is leaving, hart 32%and Marshall 34%. You’d basically have to surround them with shooters. Not impossible but even then you are seeing with the sixers in the end Simmons is still Simmons 

I’m guessing the pelicans could get a better package and fit then Simmons.  

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I’ll make you a bet they don’t if you want to make the bet something with our avatars

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Honestly what makes you think they have a chance?  They blew a 26 point lead AT HOME!!!  On the road against a fired up Atlanta team after 2 huge blown leads?  This team of mental midgets is getting blown out by 20+.

-only Joel and Seth scored in the 2nd half

-Tobi scored 4 points

-Tobi and Ben have crapped the bed the last two games. They are due for big games. 

-we have had large leads against them multiple times

-Atlanta is smelling themselves and Trae is over cocky

-the refs will call more fouls for us

-we are still the better team

-I don’t think Atlanta can beat us 3 times in a row

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ll make you a bet they don’t if you want to make the bet something with our avatars

I don’t need to make any bets and I haven’t had an avatar for the entire time I’ve been on the boards, so that won’t matter. I will not post for a week if I am wrong. You guys can rip me and I can only read it and not respond lol. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The clippers have better shooters and talent to make that work than Zion and Simmons are going to have out on the floor to make that work. Ben can’t shoot and Zion isn’t there yet as a consistent shooter. He’s got 29 percent this year from 3. Granted only took .6 threes per game but that tells you he like Ben has to make his living currently at the hoop or inside the pain which will get clogged up since Simmons refuses to shoot. The Pelicans if they deal ingram really have no one on that team that’s a shooter.  Bledsoe 34% from three, NAW 34%, ball is leaving, hart 32%nand Marshall 34%. You’d basically have to surround them with shooters. Not impossible but even then you are seeing with the sixers in the end Simmons is still Simmons 

I can find stand still shooters especially in this era. Shooting off the dribble is a different story. Grayson Allen's are not that hard to find compared to 10 years ago 

If I am Simmons I would want to play in that type of space. Make him Draymond Green and run. 

He and Embiid were NEVER going to work and said it for years. Both need an open paint to operate most efficiently 

17 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Don’t forget they also dealt Butler away in a sign and trade for Richardson who was not worth it except the managed to pull curry from dallas and really not very good for Dallas this year. 

At the time Harris was traded here I said this, when Jerry west calls you wanting to deal a player you have to ask yourself why? West has one of the best basketball minds of this generation and built multiple dynasties. So if he doesn’t think Harris is good enough for a championship team you probably shouldn’t make that move.