**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

9 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Actually think the spurs are a sleeper team in this. I know Gs, kings and Minnesota are the ones getting the most attention but i actually think pop knows he needs a Star type player and probably believes he can get the most out of Simmons to turn him into that. 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Actually think the spurs are a sleeper team in this. I know Gs, kings and Minnesota are the ones getting the most attention but i actually think pop knows he needs a Star type player and probably believes he can get the most out of Simmons to turn him into that. 

imagine being a 72 y/o coach having to deal with the young socialite as your cornerstone player. pop would have to be crazy. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

imagine being a 72 y/o coach having to deal with the young socialite as your cornerstone player. pop would have to be crazy. :lol:  

There was the rumor earlier this offseason saying he’d give up any player on his team for Simmons. I don’t think the Spurs have a lot of options if they want to try to get a potential star. there are not a lot of NBA stars lining up to just go to San Antonio. So they’re gonna have to trade for one and it’s probably not going to be a pre-package star like Damian Lillard. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There was the rumor earlier this offseason saying he’d give up any player on his team for Simmons. I don’t think the Spurs have a lot of options if they want to try to get a potential star. there are not a lot of NBA stars lining up to just go to San Antonio. So they’re gonna have to trade for one and it’s probably not going to be a pre-package star like Damian Lillard. 

oh, i would love it. but i'd also feel bad for pop. :lol:  

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they are more in the 46-48 win range. They played 72 games they won 42. Meaning they’d have to go 8-2 in the last 10 games to make it to 50. Plus they won 4 games against the Lakers without Lebron and the warriors without Klay. The more i think about it the more i think they are definitively better then the wolves even if the wolves get Simmons though. So Minnesota likely at best 8 

Luka also came into the season out of shape so started extremely slow. Superstars can carry a team to 50 wins especially with Murray out, LeBron will rest a lot, Klay out till Dec, Kawhi is out. 

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Even with Ben that Portland team is Destined to be the 7 or 8 seed in the west. Lakers, Suns, utah, Clippers, warriors are definitively better than them. I’d add when healthy the nuggets and mavs would be as well. 

I agree with you although I think he does improve their defense, which is their Achilles heal.  I think the Portland FO is desperate to make some high profile move to appease Dame and this seams like an obvious option they would at least consider.  Dame also spoke openly about wanting to play with an athletic big after the Olympics.  Maybe he sees Ben as fitting that need.  If Dame wants it, they are going to try to do it, whether it is a good decision or not.  They know how close they are to losing Dame and starting a rebuild.  They'll do whatever they can to prevent it, even if it's only in the short term.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

oh, i would love it. but i'd also feel bad for pop. :lol:  

Tbh i think pop would probably retire right when Ben is coming up on the last year of his deal and says he’s going to leave the Spurs in the offseason. 

I would too but if there was ever a coach going to be able to get it out of him it’s probably pop. If he can’t do it then it’s never gonna happen which likely would hurt Ben Simmons in his next contract 

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I agree with you although I think he does improve their defense, which is their Achilles heal.  I think the Portland FO is desperate to make some high profile move to appease Dame and this seams like an obvious option they would at least consider.  Dame also spoke openly about wanting to play with an athletic big after the Olympics.  Maybe he sees Ben as fitting that need.  If Dame wants it, they are going to try to do it, whether it is a good decision or not.  They know how close they are to losing Dame and starting a rebuild.  They'll do whatever they can to prevent it, even if it's only in the short term.

I tend to think teams should avoid dealing with Portland because if the blazers start off slow i could see that thing turning nuclear and lillard finally asking out. With the blazers schedule there’s a chance they come out of the gate something like 4-10

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Luka also came into the season out of shape so started extremely slow. Superstars can carry a team to 50 wins especially with Murray out, LeBron will rest a lot, Klay out till Dec, Kawhi is out. 

i think they’ll be close but think below it. the west is loaded. If he’s in the East i think much more doable. and i just don’t think dallas did all that much to improve as much as others in the offseason. Reggie bullock is solid and i wouldn’t rule out a slow start again. Not that it matters right now but pic of him smoking hookah and partying went viral. It’s the offseason can do whatever but i wouldnt just rule out he doesn’t have a slow start again.  they don’t play the warriors til January. Kawhi being out helps but i still think the clippers are a better team and likely toss up games. I still think they wind up around 47-48 wins. Their biggest issue is porzingis making a ton of money and being less than above average. If porzingis was good i think their ceiling is closer to 56-58 wins. Unfortunately for them the knicks looked like the won that deal when at the time people thought dallas was the clear winner 

Vegas has the mavs at 47.5 wins. Which i wouldn’t touch cause i think it’s likely they finish at 47 or 48 

sixers are 51.5. I would completely take the under on that. With the dysfunction going on surrounding Ben and unknown pieces they are getting back. I could easily seen them winning closer to 45-47 games. 

Kings and Timberwolves: We really want Ben Simmons.
Sixers: Okay, well who of value are you willing to trade.
Kings and Timberwolves: No one.
Sixers: .....
Kings and Timberwolves: We really want Ben Simmons though

• Haha 1

All the media is doing at this point is putting out old rumors. I've been hearing most of those since the season ended. They were the suggested moves nobody wanted at the time because people thought they actually had a chance at a super star. 

43 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Milsap to the Nets. 6ers were supposedly interested.

At this point other teams are so loaded sixers are not going to sniff contention. So they might as well trade Ben for whatever and come up with a new plan on how to compete after. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

All the media is doing at this point is putting out old rumors. I've been hearing most of those since the season ended. They were the suggested moves nobody wanted at the time because people thought they actually had a chance at a super star. 

Not me. Ive been looking at these deals for good players and picks for building better...

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

At this point other teams are so loaded sixers are not going to sniff contention. So they might as well trade Ben for whatever and come up with a new plan on how to compete after. 

because this has pretty much been what Ive said since the beginning.

I always knew this was how it was gonna play out. One thing about Philly sports- we have seen more than enough disappointments to be able to predict how the next one will happen.There were too many signs since day 1 of Daryl and Doc's tenures here that pointed to the fact that they didnt understand the situation in Philly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not me. Ive been looking at these deals for good players and picks for building better...

because this has pretty much been what Ive said since the beginning.

I always knew this was how it was gonna play out. One thing about Philly sports- we have seen more than enough disappointments to be able to predict how the next one will happen. There were too many signs since day 1 of Daryl and Doc's tenures here that pointed to the fact that they didnt understand the situation in Philly.

I know I was there with you. It's new news to some though lol

All this drama and nonsense and people being pissed and Embiid is sticking up for Ben is going to end up with Embiid not wanting to be here soon if they don't fix this mess soon

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know I was there with you. It's new news to some though lol

Too many trade deadlines have passed in philly sports teams where incompetent GMs overplay their hands. Morey acted like he had a trade chip as valuable as Michael Jordan when someo 6ers fans had seen how worthless Simmons has been for years already. Daryl is only in the process of learning.

I just wanted to be realistic from the beginning.

One of the best reported offers we ever got was Sexton, Nance, and a 1st. Very much like the trade I made up that got made fun of for weeks as trading Simmons for Clevelands bench players.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Too many trade deadlines have passed in philly sports teams where incompetent GMs overplay their hands. Morey acted like he had a trade chip as valuable as Michael Jordan when someo 6ers fans had seen how worthless Simmons has been for years already. Daryl is only in the process of learning.

I just wanted to be realistic from the beginning.

One of the best reported offers we ever got was Sexton, Nance, and a 1st. Very much like the trade I made up that got made fun of for weeks as trading Simmons for Clevelands bench players.

Is the haliberton even a deal with the kings? The last I saw is they have no desire to deal him or fox but, then people keep running with they should just do that deal..  I don't recall that ever being on the table or is that another in denial offer they are hanging on to as a possibility?

54 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is the haliberton even a deal with the kings? The last I saw is they have no desire to deal him or fox but, then people keep running with they should just do that deal..  I don't recall that ever being on the table or is that another in denial offer they are hanging on to as a possibility?

Hunt posted a long Twitter post from a guy detailing an the offers from tabs that we allegedly turned down. 

Haliburton was one.

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hunt posted a long Twitter post from a guy detailing an the offers from tabs that we allegedly turned down. 

Haliburton was one.

Well if that is the case then Morey is a moron. Literally anyone that can shoot a 3 is an upgrade from Ben at this point. 

Source: https://theathletic.com/2801994/2021/09/03/deandre-hunters-potential-team-improvements-more-on-ben-simmons-hawks-mailbag-part-2/?source=user_shared_article

Not saying we get Ben Simmons (even though I could live with a Cam/Gallo/future pick offer) … but how do you think Schlenk can get something out of this? Think there’s a way to be the third team and pluck Tyrese Maxey or another asset? — Chris N.

Let’s say the Timberwolves are the team that ultimately decides to go in for Simmons. They’re probably going to need a third team in the deal to execute it because they don’t have the young prospects that likely will excite the 76ers. That’s where someone like Reddish could come into play and the Hawks end up getting something out of the deal. The Hawks definitely have the prospects and draft capital to get involved in any deal involving Simmons, but it would likely be as the third team instead of the team landing Simmons.

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

At this point we need Maxey, unless for Beal. 

Bill Simmons still thinks Haliburton and Heidl can happy. 

• Like 1