**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If this were to happen, I’m out.  I want no part of Harden.  

IF by some chance it doesnt include Simmons, then its ok. Because you can still do a Simmons trade and add more.

If he is about to trade everything we have left for old fat harden, then hopefully theyll fire him. 

• Like 1

How many times will Harden need to be traded before people realize that he is getting traded away....not used as an asset...And for a reason!

Harden is certainly not the player that he used to be, but here he wouldn't have to be.  He's definitely a more reliable #2 scorer than Harris is (although Toby did make some timely shots last night). His contract would obviously be a little bigger though.  Still, I think he could be a helpful piece to our puzzle.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If this were to happen, I’m out.  I want no part of Harden.  

I wouldn’t even do that trade now. Just wait if you want harden in the offseason. If he chooses to leave the nets then in a sign and trade the nets lose leverage of what they can ask for cause sixers can just get another team (i believe can do this) to make it work. It’s why i brought up the (very highly unlikely) idea of in the offseason you do a sign and trade of Harris, green for harden in a sign and trade. Then use Ben in another deal. 

well, they're not gonna get harden for just simmons....so i'm not surprised if maxey would be included. and you couldn't really have harden, maxey, & curry on the court at the same time. i doubt anything happens but this isn't exactly shocking. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t even do that trade now. Just wait if you want harden in the offseason. If he chooses to leave the nets then in a sign and trade the nets lose leverage of what they can ask for cause sixers can just get another team (i believe can do this) to make it work. It’s why i brought up the (very highly unlikely) idea of in the offseason you do a sign and trade of Harris, green for harden in a sign and trade. Then use Ben in another deal. 

harris is the type of guy they'd need to attach a young asset to in order to get rid of. it would more likely take a guy like thybulle than green to get a team to take on tobi. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

well, they're not gonna get harden for just simmons....so i'm not surprised if maxey would be included. and you couldn't really have harden, maxey, & curry on the court at the same time. i doubt anything happens but this isn't exactly shocking. 

First i don’t think that trade happens this season. Nets aren’t giving up their best shot to win a title which is with harden this year. 

second the time for sixers to strike on a harden deal is this offseason. If he wants to leave the nets then the nets have less leverage. In a sign and trade the nets can decline to do so but I’m guessing they aren’t going to want harden leaving and getting nothing for him. They’ll take assets like the warriors did with Russell when Durant left. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

harris is the type of guy they'd need to attach a young asset to in order to get rid of. it would more likely take a guy like thybulle than green to get a team to take on tobi. 

Depends on when they deal Tobi. His contract becomes more helpful after 2022-23 season cause it’s an expiring contract. If it’s now you’d be correct. If it’s this offseason probably still correct.But you also would have green’s expiring contract which is also helpful to a team. And value to the sixers If at the deal line next year it allows teams to set up using him as an expiring contract. Offseason of 2023 it helps cause its expiring contract and could see teams taking it on due to that. 

27 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Harden is certainly not the player that he used to be, but here he wouldn't have to be.  He's definitely a more reliable #2 scorer than Harris is (although Toby did make some timely shots last night). His contract would obviously be a little bigger though.  Still, I think he could be a helpful piece to our puzzle.

no doubt him and embiid is a very dangerous pairing. But.... all the assets, and at his age a big contract extension.... bad plan. 

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here we go. If Morey gets Harden we will probably have a tampering investigation.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265594/Rival-Teams-Suspicious-Of-Tampering-With-James-Harden

Frankly he was friends with them way before this and the sixers were trying to get a deal done with the rockets before he went to the nets. Sixers behind the scenes likely have always talked about it. It’s much more realistic now then it ever has cause harden wants to test FA. This was always going to be a huge story cause of the morey connection and Rubin being his friend. 

[Woj] ESPN story on the Sacramento Kings dropping out of pursuit of a Ben Simmons trade with the Philadelphia 76ers:

According to ESPN's Zach Lowe on Thursday's episode of his The Lowe Post podcast (h/t HoopsHype.com), sources have indicated that "basically everyone's available" in Washington, although he hasn't heard anything regarding the Wizards shopping star guard Bradley Beal.

Lowe added that guard Spencer Dinwiddie and center Montrezl Harrell are the players he has heard mentioned most as potential trade candidates.

Just now, mr_hunt said:

According to ESPN's Zach Lowe on Thursday's episode of his The Lowe Post podcast (h/t HoopsHype.com), sources have indicated that "basically everyone's available" in Washington, although he hasn't heard anything regarding the Wizards shopping star guard Bradley Beal.

Lowe added that guard Spencer Dinwiddie and center Montrezl Harrell are the players he has heard mentioned most as potential trade candidates.

Beal is going to bolt this offseason and they are gonna get left with nothing but whatever they can get in a sign and trade. This is why i said last offseason they better be sure he’s coming back otherwise they’ll get nothing or pennies on the dollar. 

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nba-trade-rumors-intel-76ers-hawks-ben-simmons-james-harden-john-collins-deadline-2022

The Hawks have the talent but Fischer and Hoopshype reported that they’re not willing to take on Harris from the 76ers. Additionally, the Sixers’ asking price in an Atlanta deal remains too rich for the Hawks’ blood. The Sixers have consistently asked for a king’s ransom for the former All-Star, and the Hawks talks are no exception.

Two sources familiar with talks said at least one offer from the Sixers was Simmons and Harris for John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and three first-round picks. It will not surprise you to learn the Hawks were not interested in such a framework, though their interest in Simmons is very real.

And a little later down:

Finally, circling back to the Sixers, two sources said they felt Morey’s claim to be willing to wait the entire season on a trade is not a bluff. The going mindset around the league is that to get Simmons, a team is still going to have to "overpay” for him. It’s entirely possible Simmons is still on the Sixers after the deadline.

Andrew Wiggins is a starter in the all star game. We could have had him straight up for Simmons before the season started. 

19 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Andrew Wiggins is a starter in the all star game. We could have had him straight up for Simmons before the season started. 

Doesn't really matter.  Simmons was an all star and he sucks.  Dont really want wiggins. Especially not as the best player in a package. 

20 minutes ago, Gannan said:

He’s a starter because a bunch of K-pop fans’ RTs on Twitter.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

He’s a starter because a bunch of K-pop fans’ RTs on Twitter.

He has got to know he is not on that level. I would be to embarrassed to go out there in the starting lineup if I were him. Not saying I would not play in the game, but to roll out with those other starters (one of these things is not like the other)

12 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

He has got to know he is not on that level. I would be to embarrassed to go out there in the starting lineup if I were him. Not saying I would not play in the game, but to roll out with those other starters (one of these things is not like the other)

I thought the same thing. I would be embarrassed knowing I didn’t belong there.

• Like 1

I mean he was 5th in player ranking and 6th in media so not horrible horrible. Rather have him than a guy that becomes unplayable in certain playoff situations in Gobert. 

Should have been Green or better off just kill positions and best five make it. Should have been Booker as the other guy.