The Movie Thread

Agent23

Watched 2 horror movies recently. In The Earth was interesting. Kind of an inde psychedelic folk horror/thriller. Brutal and disorientating and artsy. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I liked it. 7/10. The Witch stars the girl from Queens Gambit.  Another folk horror type. Religious overtones, not many cheap jump scares which I appreciate. Another 7/10, but definitely more main stream friendly than In The Earth.

• Like 1

When the Fast and Furious family order uber eats.

Screenshot_20210620-193021_Uber Eats.jpg

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 8:18 PM, hputenis said:

First one was great.  Unfortunately the best part about the first one was the movie theater experience.  I honestly felt like I was in the movie, because everyone in the theater was scared to breathe too loud.  

I grabbed a ticket to the double feature of both movies at a local AMC tomorrow night.  My first time back in a movie theater since last February, except when I rented the whole theater for my kids and nieces and nephews to watch Raya the weekend it came out. Pretty excited to watch some horror in a theater again.

• Like 3

^ was just coming here to post 

Thanks boss; realizes 3 minutes into this one that pitch meeting does this a billion times better. 

13 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Thanks boss; realizes 3 minutes into this one that pitch meeting does this a billion times better. 

They actually recently collaborated on a video. Ryan makes the better points, trailer voice guy has the best voice and they use the footage. 

If they joined forces they would be like...

Like...

Hobbs & Shaw :lol:

• Haha 1

Fast 9 was a 10/10…. On the scale of weakest film in the franchise. Giving it a 5/10 score would be generous… and that would only be due to bias of liking some of the characters this film features 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The Little Things:

I really liked it, the first 2/3 of the movie.  Denzel, Malik and Leto were all real good.  I really like Malik as an actor.  Then....

Hide contents

It went off the rails a little.   I think it's rather obvious that Denzel Washington's character was the killer.  He kept saying, "it's the little things that will get you caught" instead of saying 'it's the little things that will get them caught".  He was very quick to help cover up and bury the suspect after he was cranked on the head with the shovel.  He wore the boots he was sent down to get out of evidence once he decided to start investigating the murders in LA and change out of his deputy uniform into his old detective outfit.  It was revealed he shot the one hooker/homeless chick and had help covering that up.  He said it was an accident, but I am pretty sure he shot her because she recognized him from the previous murders.  Leto's character wasn't the killer.  He was just crazy.  Also, if you go back and look at the scene where the chick was jogging just before she disappeared.  You can see the red barrette.  It was an identical match to the one he mailed to his partner.  Now how would he know what that barrette looked like?  Also, the jogger went missing the same night he showed up in LA.  

I saw this a few months back in theaters 

but never once had "Denzel is the killer" cross my mind... If I wind up doing a re-watch I will have to try viewing it from that lens

On 6/24/2021 at 11:16 PM, Agent23 said:

Fast 9 was a 10/10…. On the scale of weakest film in the franchise. Giving it a 5/10 score would be generous… and that would only be due to bias of liking some of the characters this film features 

image.gif.5b2802638b7e5a64f9b4895796bfec11.gif

The writer/director of The Little Things said he purposely wrote the story to be vague about the killer and just wanted to leave hints pointing to several different characters, but he didn't care to have a definitive answer. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The writer/director of The Little Things said he purposely wrote the story to be vague about the killer and just wanted to leave hints pointing to several different characters, but he didn't care to have a definitive answer. 

I read on the IMDB synopsis that it's about the struggles and difficulties going through life with a stubby cork, starring @bobeph and Blo 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:16 PM, Agent23 said:

39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Anthony Michael Hall!  :lol:

GTFO, farmer ted ?

I’ve never trusted firefighters

Seeing as you guys are talking about Vin Diesel, and obscure movie parts he had, here is one for you.  He is actually a cousin of the 90's rapper Kwame', and appeared in his video for the song Nastee.  Skip to 1:35

On 6/24/2021 at 10:16 PM, Agent23 said:

Wait, wait, wait HOLD UP!

Y'all didn't tell me they ACTUALLY go into space in this one.  And Han and the cast of Tokyo drift are back and are...astro physicists who take them to space to hack a satellite?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Yeah. Friday Night Lights (weak movie, amazing show) kid looks like he’s been on a crack binge and Like Mike (great movie) kid looks like a he’s been on an eating binge 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wait, wait, wait HOLD UP!

Y'all didn't tell me they ACTUALLY go into space in this one.  And Han and the cast of Tokyo drift are back and are...astro physicists who take them to space to hack a satellite?

giphy.gif

Well yea, they have a background in illegal street racing 

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 12:35 PM, downundermike said:

Seeing as you guys are talking about Vin Diesel, and obscure movie parts he had, here is one for you.  He is actually a cousin of the 90's rapper Kwame', and appeared in his video for the song Nastee.  Skip to 1:35

I hate you for this