The Movie Thread

Agent23

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

:roll:  The Jungle Cruise is a classic ride at Magic Kingdom.  The only bad part about it are the wait times.  It always seemed to be the longest wait in the park.  I really enjoyed the movie, and you are correct.....the skippers used the same dad jokes throughout the entire ride.  

I’ve seen so many people on here post about the senior thesis research projects they have to complete before going to the park so they know which path to take, which lines to wait in, which apps to download and "reserve” ride times for your group, having each person on different phones reserve times for different attractions to ensure you even have a chance at getting on any damn rides… coupled with it being like $350/day for a "park hopper” or whatever…. I just can’t justify going to the damn parks though I would like to eventually have first hand knowledge of the attractions and check out the Star Wars and I think eventually marvel sections 

• Like 1

Yeah - I mean I would love to go to Disney cause some of the rides sound awesome, but reading all the posts about it on here over the years, it sounds like a damn job going there and getting your money's worth

• Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 10:26 AM, Agent23 said:

Saw The Green Knight yesterday and was not a fan. Movie is like 95% atmosphere and 5% story... def wasn't my jam. Struggled staying awake. 

It's a shame it dragged as much as it did in so many non-essential scenes.  Otherwise I would have jumped on the soap box for it.  It's a total nerdagsm for fans of Arthurian legend or if you're into the story structure of very old literature.  It's got two tablespoons of psychedelia thrown in for atmosphere as well.  I liked it a lot but find it hard to recommend to others.

The Little Things was a good movie. Had some slow moments & the last part of the movie wasn’t the best. I was expecting a different more predictable ending though so I’m fine with how it ended. 

Perfectly fine movie to watch if you have a couple hours to kill 

23 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

It's a shame it dragged as much as it did in so many non-essential scenes.  Otherwise I would have jumped on the soap box for it.  It's a total nerdagsm for fans of Arthurian legend or if you're into the story structure of very old literature.  It's got two tablespoons of psychedelia thrown in for atmosphere as well.  I liked it a lot but find it hard to recommend to others.

It’s got high ratings through the roof and sooooo many people on these FB groups I’m in have been praising the F out of it and posting about how the movies been "sticking with them” since they wanted and gets better the more they think about it. 

I know zilch about the origins and my only "Arthur” knowledge is basically sword in the stone when I was a kid and I think a Richard Gere Sean Connery movie from the mid-90s that I had to have been 10-12 the last tome I watched it? So I just found it to be a very long slog with a few occasional "wtf?!?” moments that came across more confusing than exciting 

20 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It’s got high ratings through the roof and sooooo many people on these FB groups I’m in have been praising the F out of it and posting about how the movies been "sticking with them” since they wanted and gets better the more they think about it. 

I know zilch about the origins and my only "Arthur” knowledge is basically sword in the stone when I was a kid and I think a Richard Gere Sean Connery movie from the mid-90s that I had to have been 10-12 the last tome I watched it? So I just found it to be a very long slog with a few occasional "wtf?!?” moments that came across more confusing than exciting 

If people were familiar with this story they wouldn't go in expecting a bunch of action and whatnot. I'm pretty stoked to see how they go about telling the story. I'm expecting artsy AF.

6 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

If people were familiar with this story they wouldn't go in expecting a bunch of action and whatnot. I'm pretty stoked to see how they go about telling the story. I'm expecting artsy AF.

It gave artsy the ghey!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It gave artsy the ghey!

This is honestly about what I'm expecting after reading a few reviews lol. Bring it on!

Anyone see Pig yet? Hearing really good things.

7 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

This is honestly about what I'm expecting after reading a few reviews lol. Bring it on!

yes, a few of us saw it. I knew nothing and had a great experience watching. (exact opposite of my know-nothing experience with Green Knight). 

The kid from herreditary is in it and is a solid compliment to Cage's performance 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:52 AM, jrsu37 said:

I'll be renting sometime this week prolly.

14 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I wasn’t as impressed with Pig as most seemed to be - high quality acting, mediocre plot IMO

Documentary about Mark Milley?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pig was a ton of fun.  Smart but simple to love.  The Nick Cage comeback is bit overblown though, more like he finally landed a good project than did anything special.  But still, this a movie that is going to be a hit with a very wide audience.

• Like 2

Went and saw Free Guy tonight. I enjoyed it a lot. A lot funnier than I thought it would be. 

14 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Went and saw Free Guy tonight. I enjoyed it a lot. A lot funnier than I thought it would be. 

It was a very solid film. I never read the book (ready player one) so I was 100% fine with that film, but this felt like taking some of the concepts from RPO and improving on them. 

• Like 1

Watched Reminiscence on Sat...Meh. Jackman was awesome as usual, and the world they built was cool enough, but the story was mediocre IMO.

6/10.

47 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Watched Reminiscence on Sat...Meh. Jackman was awesome as usual, and the world they built was cool enough, but the story was mediocre IMO.

6/10.

i left the theater when i started nodding off because i knew i could just catch what i missed at home on HBO

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

i left the theater when i started nodding off because i knew i could just catch what i missed at home on HBO

Yeah I watched from my couch. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either...Also they drug it out a bit too long. 

58 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Yeah I watched from my couch. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either...Also they drug it out a bit too long. 

Should become the official tagline of HBO Max releases. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You're not wrong to this point...But I think Dune will be an all-timer.

39 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

You're not wrong to this point...But I think Dune will be an all-timer.

bruh if you aren't in theaters watching that I'm driving to your house to kick yo a$$!

• Like 3

Chloe - Evidently this is pretty old, never heard of it, and it’s easy to see why. Run of the mill movie about infidelity. Amanda Seyfried nude though, Holy Mary Mother of the Lord.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, Agent23 said:

bruh if you aren't in theaters watching that I'm driving to your house to kick yo a$$!

I'd 100% deserve it too.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 11:13 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

100% and add some are pure crap as well. Will say Reminiscence along with SS were the best 2 so far