The Movie Thread

Agent23

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Looking forward to this

Forward? Bruh I watched that in theaters like 4 days ago. You need to be looking backwards 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Forward? Bruh I watched that in theaters like 4 days ago. You need to be looking backwards 

I haven't had time to go to the theater, but I'm looking forward to it!

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

How was it? Looks interesting.

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

How was it? Looks interesting.

I literally knew nothing about it at all, other than a saw Cage and the kid from Hereditary (he's been in a bunch of other stuff including the Jumanjis, but that Ari Aster film is what I will always associate him with) were in it. I like going into movies blind (I hadn't even watched a trailer) that are these Neon/A24/etc. things (sort of like Parasite) because you just get to experience something. 

I found it interesting with slight John Wick vibes from the standpoint that it sort of creates its own surreal world where layers of this protagonist get peeled back and their impact on this universe becomes more and more evident as you go through it.

I think the other "new" film out Thursday was Escape Room 2. I watched the first once. It was fine. It had the hawt redhead check from True Blood (and more recently, Daredevil), but I don't know who is/isn't in the sequel and Pig's showtime just was more appealing for my schedule that night so I made a day-of swerve and picked that. 

• Like 1

Anything with Nick Cage in it I just assume is trash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mat said:

i still wish death on him for his portrayal of ghost rider. 

watched tomorrow war - amazon prime release - i'd give it 6 out 10. 

3 hours ago, Mat said:

Cage had a nice run there in the mid 90s through like early 2000s but yeah most of his recent work is complete crap

27 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Cage had a nice run there in the mid 90s through like early 2000s but yeah most of his recent work is complete crap

The Rock, Lord of War, Leaving Las Vegas, The Family Man, Face off, Con Air, National Treasure, Kick Ass, Raising Arizona, Adaptation, 8MM and Bringing Out the Dead were all good movies...Been a min for him though. 

I didn't hate Color Out of Space...Could have been better overall though. 

• Like 3

i dont blame cage for the bad scripts he had to use, both ghost rider movies are good examples. 

speaking of, i'm hoping ghost rider will be rebooted under the MCU. i have heard rumors, but i'll believe it when its announced officially. if ever. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there some rumor floating around about them making a movie with Nic Cage where he plays a version of himself that goes insane that was sort of mocking himself?

Didn't Cage have IRS problems, or lost all his money in a Ponzi scheme, or something like that?

I think that's why his scripts have sucked, because he basically was past his peak as an actor and then suddenly had money problems and couldn't afford to be picky. Supposedly now the money troubles are over and is going to stick with inde films, which I think suits him more. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TEW said:

Didn't Cage have IRS problems, or lost all his money in a Ponzi scheme, or something like that?

I think that's why his scripts have sucked, because he basically was past his peak as an actor and then suddenly had money problems and couldn't afford to be picky. Supposedly now the money troubles are over and is going to stick with inde films, which I think suits him more. 

I know Wesley had IRS problems 

12 hours ago, TEW said:

He kidnapped a baby once

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He kidnapped a baby once

Who among us hasn't?

23 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Sounds like someone hasn't seen Left Behind

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

The Rock - Below average

Lord of War, Leaving Las Vegas, The Family Man - Have not seen

Face off - Worse than garbage

Con Air - Bad 

National Treasure - Good, but my Philly bias may be kicking in

Kick Ass - Very Good, and not because of him

Raising Arizona, Adaptation, 8MM and Bringing Out the Dead - I have not seen

13 hours ago, TEW said:

It's ok, he invested heavily in dinosaur fossils.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paco said:

Cage movies

Check out Raising Arizona, probably the best of the ones you haven’t seen.

Leaving Las Vegas is depressing but I liked it.

Lord of War was a solid "based on true events” type movie about an arms dealer.

8mm was disturbing, think this one comes down to the viewer either really liking it or hating it.

• Like 2

National Treasure is a National Treasure! There is no Philly bias there! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I liked him better when he was Nicolas Coppola.  An enjoyable movie of his (which is by no means a great movie), was Gone in 60 Seconds.  The part where he's fleeing in reverse, and smiles at the little kid in the car next to him, is great.

TWFoiP.gif

There was a great bit on Community where there was an entire class titled: "Nicholas Cage: good or bad?" and the question was so hard to answer Abed lost his mind.

1464394851_tenor(31).gif.5bbe9ed43e4ce5aaa5e616a8a239cc5b.gif

• Like 2