The Movie Thread

Agent23

11 hours ago, What The F said:

Am I the only person who hasnt seen The Batman?

I liked it. While I'm kinda tired of Batman movies, it was a different take and had a much different feel than the previous movies.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2022 at 11:29 PM, What The F said:

Am I the only person who hasnt seen The Batman?

It's on HBO Max as of today I think. Looking forward to a second watch and a second critique. Wife didn't see it, we will probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Saw The Northman. Queens gambit gets nekkid a couple times for those of you into that sort of thing 

On 4/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, Agent23 said:

Saw The Northman. Queens gambit gets nekkid a couple times for those of you into that sort of thing 

Yeah I loved it.  More accessible than Green Knight.  

On 4/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Boogyman said:

I liked it. While I'm kinda tired of Batman movies, it was a different take and had a much different feel than the previous movies.

It took me some effort to watch another frickin Batman movie, but it's actually pretty darn good.  I agree with what the nerds are saying where its not as good a movie as Dark Knight, but it's a better Batman movie.  Pattinson really owned the role.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah I loved it.  More accessible than Green Knight.  

That was a slogggg. I bought it of course because they had the 4K on sale for like $8, and one of these days I’ll try to rewatch and "get” it. Feels like it helps to be familiar with the inspired lore, which I did NOT have going into the theater. 

• Like 1

I did not hate Uncharted...Could it have been better? Sure, but it was fun.

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

I did not hate Uncharted...Could it have been better? Sure, but it was fun.

It fills the action/adventure genre as a new entry. Outside of Indiana Jones and (for me at least) national treasure, what other action-adventure movies are all-timers, amirite?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

It fills the action/adventure genre as a new entry. Outside of Indiana Jones and (for me at least) national treasure, what other action-adventure movies are all-timers, amirite?

100% agree. Anything treasure hunter/archeology/action pew pew fun I'll probably enjoy.

IDK how this movie did, but I do hope they do a sequel. There were 2 "post credit" scenes so it's there for the taking.

1 minute ago, jrsu37 said:

100% agree. Anything treasure hunter/archeology/action pew pew fun I'll probably enjoy.

IDK how this movie did, but I do hope they do a sequel. There were 2 "post credit" scenes so it's there for the taking.

They just needed a hotter Chloe. 

Just now, jrsu37 said:

Too many people today seem to think that every movie needs to be "oscar-worthy" in order to be labeled a success.  Everyone thinks they're a movie critic now.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Too many people today seem to think that every movie needs to be "oscar-worthy" in order to be labeled a success.  Everyone thinks they're a movie critic now.  

Exactly.  I love some really crappy movies, I do not care what you, critics or the academy thinks of them.

This movie gets hammered on for being a pile of crap, if it is on TV, I am all in.

The Shadow (1994 film) - Wikipedia

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

They just needed a hotter Chloe. 

She grew on me through the movie...I hated her in The Wilds, but by the end of the movie I was ok with her. Agree that she wasn't the BEST representative of videogame Chloe, but she seemed to have the same edge. Wasn't nearly as funny tho.

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Agree 100%. Movies can be fun without being "weird artsy" or "Marvel." Just like music, a song doesn't have to be intricate or hard to play to be great. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrsu37 said:

She grew on me through the movie...I hated her in The Wilds, but by the end of the movie I was ok with her. Agree that she wasn't the BEST representative of videogame Chloe, but she seemed to have the same edge. Wasn't nearly as funny tho.

Agree 100%. Movies can be fun without being "weird artsy" or "Marvel." Just like music, a song doesn't have to be intricate or hard to play to be great. 

I just was bummed she didn’t have the sultry vibe to her. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I just was bummed she didn’t have the sultry vibe to her. 

Ya she seemed more edgy and untrusting than sultry sly and fun. 

That was a bummer...Hope they change that in a sequel!

I mean...The Scarlet Witch had a Russian accent then POOF. Gone in the next movie lol.

20 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Chickie is elated but really skeptical because potter is playing him.

Sidenote: Chickie is an alltime superfan of him, i'm not . Scored tickets to his concert years ago......very entertaining. 

6 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Chickie is elated but really skeptical because potter is playing him.

Sidenote: Chickie is an alltime superfan of him, i'm not . Scored tickets to his concert years ago......very entertaining. 

Harry looks the part, but appears to be playing him as a smug p rick.  Weird Al was always fairly down to earth.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, The_Omega said:

Harry looks the part, but appears to be playing him as a smug p rick.  Weird Al was always fairly down to earth.

My same concern. Really hoping it’s very tongue in cheek, because he does not seem to be acting very Al like. We will see. Hopefully it’s watchable and Radcliffe really is not too bad in most post Potter stuff. 

I watched "Old” today.  So-so movie. Nothing too incredible about it.  Not a complete waste of time watching it but glad it was free. 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:42 PM, mikemack8 said:

This is right on the nose.  Most of my favorite movies aren’t necessarily great movies at all but have something about them that makes them enjoyable, be it action, scares, humor, or good dialogue.  

In the online movie social circles I’m in, I know so many people that want to be writers or podcasters about movies and make money doing it but they haven’t figured out that the majority of the audience for those podcasts and articles are the same people that are also trying to be writers and podcasters.  They literally all want to be critics. The world only needs so many and that’s a much lower number than we already have.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is right on the nose.  Most of my favorite movies aren’t necessarily great movies at all but have something about them that makes them enjoyable, be it action, scares, humor, or good dialogue.  

In the online movie social circles I’m in, I know so many people that want to be writers or podcasters about movies and make money doing it but they haven’t figured out that the majority of the audience for those podcasts and articles are the same people that are also trying to be writers and podcasters.  They literally all want to be critics. The world only needs so many and that’s a much lower number than we already have.

Exactly.  In honor of Fred Ward, RIP, here is a movie that would not get a sniff from the Academy, but very entertaining.

Amazon.com: Remo Williams - The Adventure Begins : Fred Ward, Joel Grey,  Wilford Brimley, J.A. Preston, George Coe, Charles Cioffi, Kate Mulgrew,  Patrick Kilpatrick, Michael Pataki, Davenia McFadden, Cosie Costa, J.P.  Romano,

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Exactly.  In honor of Fred Ward, RIP, here is a movie that would not get a sniff from the Academy, but very entertaining.

Amazon.com: Remo Williams - The Adventure Begins : Fred Ward, Joel Grey,  Wilford Brimley, J.A. Preston, George Coe, Charles Cioffi, Kate Mulgrew,  Patrick Kilpatrick, Michael Pataki, Davenia McFadden, Cosie Costa, J.P.  Romano,

I love this movie.  I may have to break out my Blu-ray and watch it in his honor.  Maybe do a double feature with Tremors or Southern Comfort.

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

I love this movie.  I may have to break out my Blu-ray and watch it in his honor.  Maybe do a double feature with Tremors or Southern Comfort.

I think I would go Remo Williams, and then Miami blues