The Movie Thread

Agent23

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

It's 12 bucks by me. 10 for kids. We try and go at least once or twice a month.

The theater by my old house had early Sunday rates of 5 bucks. If the movie was not longer than 2 and a half hours we could go and get back by 1 PM kickoff. We would go every Sunday in the cold weather months after breakfast, sometimes seeing the same movie 2 or 3 times if nothing of interest had been released.

Just got back from Ghostbusters really enjoyed it... It was 11 bucks... Last time I went to that theater I think it was 13. The popcorn and soda was 15 lol freaking crooks. Oh well, I still enjoy it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just got back from Ghostbusters really enjoyed it... It was 11 bucks... Last time I went to that theater I think it was 13. The popcorn and soda was 15 lol freaking crooks. Oh well, I still enjoy it

The popcorn is so expensive, but it always is amazing I have to say. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Indeed lol. I absolutely love movie popcorn and washing it down with a gallon of Sprite lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Indeed lol. I absolutely love movie popcorn and washing it down with a gallon of Sprite lol. 

It’s one of those things where I’m like yeah I’m getting ripped off, but it’s just so good I don’t care lol. 

really no other popcorn compares. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

We got the kids a huge, theater style popcorn machine for the movie theater in the basement for Christmas.  

• 2 weeks later...

In one episode of Seinfeld, Frank Costanza was so convinced of his ability to make any meal taste delicious, that he served seasoned, rancid, meat to the soldiers in his platoon, leading to an outbreak of food poisoning. West Side Story is Spielberg’s attempt to serve seasoned, rancid meat.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Re watched, The Firm, and still a decent movie. 

It has a really good cast.  It's been a while since I watched it but I always associate that movie with the Eagles because I saw it at the AMC near West Cheater University between watching the morning and afternoon sessions at training camp.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

West Side Story isn't just unfathomably better than the original (which is a classic and one of the greatest musicals of all time), it's also the best Spielberg movie in about 2 decades.  It may have bombed at the box office but it will win awards.  Spielberg really put his heart into it and the love for the material pops off the screen.

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

West Side Story isn't just unfathomably better than the original (which is a classic and one of the greatest musicals of all time), it's also the best Spielberg movie in about 2 decades.  It may have bombed at the box office but it will win awards.  Spielberg really put his heart into it and the love for the material pops off the screen.

I thought it was really well done. Tick Tick Boom was really well done as well.

Re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy. 

Sam is a better hero than Frodo. 

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

Re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy. 

Sam is a better zero than Frodo. 

Fyp

I'm not sure what possessed me but I recently watched the Tyler Perry iteration of Alex Cross.  Holy sweet baby Jesus was that awful.  

First and foremost, Matthew Fox as the serial killer in this is the one and only reason to watch the movie.  It is amazing how hilariously over the top he is in this.  It almost felt like he thought the movie was a spoof and no one had the heart to tell him otherwise.  It is monumentally bad acting on a scale that stands out even to someone like me who wallows in bad movies with horrendous acting.  This is an all time laughably bad role.

The rest is Perry and Ed Burns doing a lifetime network buddy cop movie where Alex Cross is basically Sherlock Holmes without the need for any evidence to arrive at his brilliant conclusions.  I like Cicely Tyson but I feel like she probably had to restrain herself from slapping people in the head on this set.  

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Nightmare Alley isn't quite up there with pan's labyrinth or Shape of water, but its still  a very worthy watch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Nightmare Alley isn't quite up there with pan's labyrinth or Shape of water, but its still  a very worthy watch.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll be sure to add this to my do not watch list :P

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Last two nights I've watched Copshop and The Kings Man - both were decent.  I love the absurdity of the Kingsmen movies - Rasputin was hilarious in the most recent one.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sitting through trillers before the poorly reviewed Morbius. Top gun 2 is going to be so amazing 

• Like 1

Ambulance was over the top straight crack-induced adrenaline. I enjoyed it :lol:

Am I the only person who didn’t really like "The Batman?” Zoe Kravitz was surprisingly amazing. The visuals were great. Everything else was entertaining, but average.

Just now, SB52 said:

Am I the only person who didn’t really like "The Batman?” Zoe Kravitz was surprisingly amazing. The visuals were great. Everything else was entertaining, but average.

Am I the only person who hasnt seen The Batman?

7 hours ago, What The F said:

Am I the only person who hasnt seen The Batman?

See it when it comes to HBO 

• Like 1