The Movie Thread

Agent23

Just now, downundermike said:

I think I would go Remo Williams, and then Miami blues

That's another good one but I don't own it.  I'll have to see if it's streaming anywhere.

Finally watched The Sadness. Had been waiting and it finally came on Shudder. 

It was just ok. Gory as hell, but they went for cheap gross out over actual story or scares

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is right on the nose.  Most of my favorite movies aren’t necessarily great movies at all but have something about them that makes them enjoyable, be it action, scares, humor, or good dialogue.  

In the online movie social circles I’m in, I know so many people that want to be writers or podcasters about movies and make money doing it but they haven’t figured out that the majority of the audience for those podcasts and articles are the same people that are also trying to be writers and podcasters.  They literally all want to be critics. The world only needs so many and that’s a much lower number than we already have.

You forgot to @dawkins4prez when you wrote this.

7 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is right on the nose.  Most of my favorite movies aren’t necessarily great movies at all but have something about them that makes them enjoyable, be it action, scares, humor, or good dialogue.  

In the online movie social circles I’m in, I know so many people that want to be writers or podcasters about movies and make money doing it but they haven’t figured out that the majority of the audience for those podcasts and articles are the same people that are also trying to be writers and podcasters.  They literally all want to be critics. The world only needs so many and that’s a much lower number than we already have.

image.gif.a6bc9586d7a621bac554928e86964e8a.gif

On 5/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Agreed, however there is a podcast a friend of mine started that at least took a different take on it.  It's called Movie Wars, and they take 2 movies that are either similar genre or came out at the same time or some other similarity and they debate categories about them, which one is better.  Example: Robocop vs Terminator.  Best villain, best CGI, best corny one-liner, etc.  And they share some behind the scenes trivia and crack jokes.  It's more fun and not being overly critical.

Predator movie being made as a Hulu original, releases Aug 5th.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:36 PM, Kz! said:

You forgot to @dawkins4prez when you wrote this.

Eat a D.  My fave movie is still Conan the Barbarian.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Predator movie being made as a Hulu original, releases Aug 5th.

Hope they leave it R. A PG-13 Predator would be lame.

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once is brilliant and hilarious.  I was crying from laughing.  Bizarre and grounded, has a lot of terry Gilliam in the visuals, fight coordination is excellent.  Honestly a great flick to watch at the theater.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:43 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once is brilliant and hilarious.  I was crying from laughing.  Bizarre and grounded, has a lot of terry Gilliam in the visuals, fight coordination is excellent.  Honestly a great flick to watch at the theater.

Hadn’t heard of it so checked it out. Wow an almost 9 on IMDB. That is unheard of for non comic movies week of release thanks to all the  fan boys. Will def check it out.  

On 2/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Mike030270 said:

Love and Monsters was actually great

Definitely recommend 

Just watched this finally - fantastic 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Just watched this finally - fantastic 

Added to queue

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Jurassic World Dominion. It was actually decent and much better than the second one of this trilogy. It's 2.5 hours and didn't feel like it dragged on. It's not amazing but entertaining enough and easy to watch. Surprisingly a solid film considering how low my expectations were going in

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mat said:

I watched Jurassic World Dominion. It was actually decent and much better than the second one of this trilogy. It's 2.5 hours and didn't feel like it dragged on. It's not amazing but entertaining enough and easy to watch. Surprisingly a solid film considering how low my expectations were going in

Interesting, I have almost the complete opposite opinion of this. Felt like half the movie was pointless. I kept checking my phone to see how much time was left. Way too much "Memba" berries driving the plot. 

It was also annoying how easy it is to control dinosaurs. Just put your hand up, palm facing a wild animal with rows of razor sharp teeth and claws that want to eat you and poof, they are tamed. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting, I have almost the complete opposite opinion of this. Felt like half the movie was pointless. I kept checking my phone to see how much time was left. Way too much "Memba" berries driving the plot. 

It was also annoying how easy it is to control dinosaurs. Just put your hand up, palm facing a wild animal with rows of razor sharp teeth and claws that want to eat you and poof, they are tamed. 

Calm down.It's only a Fing childish dinosaur movie. Calm down. 

MV5BMDIzYjhiYTItMDQzZC00NDlmLTk2NmYtZTk3

On 4/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, Agent23 said:

Saw The Northman. Queens gambit gets nekkid a couple times for those of you into that sort of thing 

I watched this last night - she did get naked but all you see is her butt.  I give this post 0 stars.

As for the movie - it was OK.  It was weird just like all of Eggers' movies, but it held my attention.  The final scene was pretty cool.

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I watched this last night - she did get naked but all you see is her butt.  I give this post 0 stars.

As for the movie - it was OK.  It was weird just like all of Eggers' movies, but it held my attention.  The final scene was pretty cool.

I thought there was some subtle boob but its been a minute. Its on streamers now though?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I thought there was some subtle boob but its been a minute. Its on streamers now though?

Peacock 

• Like 1

I saw some rando movie with Elisabeth Olsen's boobs. Didn't realize she was packing. 

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I saw some rando movie with Elisabeth Olsen's boobs. Didn't realize she was packing. 

that's not a name bro. Like if i was going to mention seeing her in a thong (briefly), I would at least name drop Wind River. 

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

that's not a name bro. Like if i was going to mention seeing her in a thong (briefly), I would at least name drop Wind River. 

It was Martha Marcy May Marlene

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

She got topless in the American version of Old Boy

image.gif.3e4f0e19a896eab1f538660fc0fe766d.gif

• Like 1