EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

What?   Is he out at NBC and back to CBS?

Confused about that comment as well.

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, blindside said:

0% chance Alshon gets traded. He’s not gonna play next season. Who trades anything for that?! Especially with the contract. Idk why people have it in their head that he should be in any sort of plans. 

It might be us giving something up.

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I don’t see anyone trading for him now as he can’t pass a physical until at least August. I swear, some of these columnists throw up such BS. (Now watch then trade Alshon.)

I would bet most boards are locked down and the GM's are keeping lines open. I highly doubt many variables are still out there that haven't been vetted. Whatever Howie is up to is in the deep vault and not getting out. So at this point, the writers are stuck biting at crumbs and trying to get clicks.

15 minutes ago, blindside said:

0% chance Alshon gets traded. He’s not gonna play next season. Who trades anything for that?! Especially with the contract. Idk why people have it in their head that he should be in any sort of plans. 

Unless the trade is the Eagles giving a pick up to unload him.   Maybe trade their 6th and Alshon for a 7th.  Maybe a 5th and Alshon for a 6th or 7th.    I would do that in a heart beat.   That freed up cap space for 2021 would be valuable!

21 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ham sandwich.  No cheese.

Thinking about any type of Alshon trade... not sure how it would work without him getting a physical...   

That said... I have my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

@HazletonEagle can you get like 10 posts bashing Barnett so this can feel like home?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He hasn't met his Blow Higgins post quota yet.  Baby steps.  

Taking it slow

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He has connections. Was also a player personnel guy in the XFL. 

I never understood why Alberto o fell from 1st round consideration.  Then he ran a 4.4 at the combine and didn't regenerate any buzz. Weird.

There's a lot of smoke around the Eagles and linebacker.  Either this smoke is a serious smokescreen or the Eagles realize that the group they have is not going to cut it.  Queen and Murray are legit core pieces to a defense.  I love Murray but don't think Schwartz would use him right.  If we had Jim Johnson around he would be a perfect fit for that defense.  I haven't seen enough of Queen but folks seem to love his coverage game.  They both seem like they could be much better Shawn Barber type of linebackers.

This is totally off topic but what is more likely?  When the NBA resumes, Embiid being in shape or Simmons coming back with a jump shot?

I wanted Malik Hooker really badly in the 2017 draft. He was "one of my guys". He's better than Barnett, albeit at a less valuable position. 

37 minutes ago, JSEagle said:

Peter King said Alshon is likely to be traded during the draft.

FWIW

Will be very interesting to see what Howie can do with this

7 minutes ago, JSEagle said:

Because F New England and Fly Eagles Fly, amirite?

be112fa6c8c0710368b370fd90912982.jpg

If the Eagles don't let us keep or banner,  @VaBeach_Eagle should use this....

Just now, bpac55 said:

There's a lot of smoke around the Eagles and linebacker.  Either this smoke is a serious smokescreen or the Eagles realize that the group they have is not going to cut it.  Queen and Murray are legit core pieces to a defense.  I love Murray but don't think Schwartz would use him right.  If we had Jim Johnson around he would be a perfect fit for that defense.  I haven't seen enough of Queen but folks seem to love his coverage game.  They both seem like they could be much better Shawn Barber type of linebackers.

1.  Howie never shows his hand ahead of time.

2.  We don't draft LB's in the first round.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Probably trying their hardest to make it seem they aren't taking a WR when everyone knows they're taking a WR:lol:

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Unless the trade is the Eagles giving a pick up to unload him.   Maybe trade their 6th and Alshon for a 7th.  Maybe a 5th and Alshon for a 6th or 7th.    I would do that in a heart beat.   That freed up cap space for 2021 would be valuable!

There is a draft value chart that everyone leans on.  I am surprised no one has ever tried to establish an exchange rate between cap space and draft currency.  Say $10m in cap space is worth 100 points on the draft value chart (late 3rd round pick).  

In 2017, Brock Osweiler, a 2018 2nd, and a 2017 6th were traded for a 2017 4th.  They saved $10m cap space.  There are a lot of moving parts there, but let's try to digest it.  The 2018 pick...let's value it at the very end of the 2nd round since it is a year later, 270 points.  The 6th was 15 points.  They received 35 points with the 4th.  So they gave up 250 points.  That puts $10m cap space (in 2017) at 250 points, or about an early 3rd round pick.  Combine that with cap inflation, and I'd say that off the cuff late 3rd round value for $10m cap sounds about right.  

IIRC, there was another cap dominated trade made in the last couple years where a team gave up value to unload a player, but I cannot recall the player and teams involved.  I also don't know exactly how much money we'd save by unloading Alshon.  I think it's a hit for 2020 and a savings for 2021.

Swapped 1st and 2nd with DEN to move up to #15 with Jeudy on the board.  Not too likely, but I thought it was an equitable trade-off to move up.  Drafted a C in Round 2 at #77

image.png.d5f8a99d7a9c9d65293157351addad63.png

Archived