EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lurked for 16 whole years on the old emb/blog.  Thankful for the quick work and donations to make this happen!

Can't see Howie trading up if it costs our 2nd this year unless a player is involved and nets us a 3rd or high 4th for more trade up ammo.

I think we'll trade into the teens for Rugs or JJ at most.  Would be happy to be wrong and come away with Jeudy or Lamb.

Just now, bpac55 said:

I would like any combo of

Jefferson and Reagor

Reagor and Mims

Reagor and Higgins

Mims and Hamler

The last choice is probably the most realistic of those 4 -- and it might assume the Eagles go WR-WR on their first two picks.  My thinking is the Eagles might end up with:

Reagor and Van Jefferson

Reagor and John Hightower

Higgins and Devin Duvernay

Mims and Peoples-Jones

15 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

That rumor floating around that the Chiefs might be interested in Ruggs is silly.  They could draft Hamler much lower and he would have nearly the same impact in that offense as Ruggs.  That being said, Andy did draft Kevin Kolb and the firefighter.  

They don't have the draft capital to get Ruggs.  They would need to trade their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Wow the Chargers did it right:

They’re perfect other than the numbers on the helmet. 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

They don't have the draft capital to get Ruggs.  They would need to trade their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

This is assuming he goes in the top 15.  If he slides into late teens or early 20's, its possible.  Just to clarify, I don't think he will slide that far.

58 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Thanks to the ole Rooster for letting me know of the change.

How do you do avatars on this board?  Attachments?

Happy to see you make the move. I hope you pop in more often. 

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This is assuming he goes in the top 15.  If he slides into late teens or early 20's, its possible.  Just to clarify, I don't think he will slide that far.

I have to assume that if he gets to 21 we are taking him.  That means they need to go, at best, from 32 to 20.  

I'm all for having 3 burners.  That's how they won a superbowl.  But you don't need 4.  Of course, I guess this is a Lito/Sheldon/Vincent/Taylor thing where he is thinking ahead.  Watkins may not be around beyond 2020 and you just never know with Ty Hill.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yes. 

OHHH now that's interesting....what would it cost to get him?

This is also why you can NEVER count out a trade for a WR.  Players you never suspect being available are going to get traded.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So do I.  It's called John Rossitis.  It's an affliction.  

My concern is more Darrius Heyward-Bey.  

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

A trade-up to #13 would likely cost our 2nd round pick, or offer up picks in the 2021 draft, where the Eagles are already without their 4th round pick.

It might be tough to find a trade partner between #9 and 12 -- JAX, NYJ, and LV all need WR, and CLE at #10 needs one of the OT at the top of the draft.

Just now, Double said:

Sir this is an Arby's.

Was your avatar always blinking before?  That's cool

30 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

A trade down would not be a bad idea at all.  San Fran is also shopping their 31st pick would could be enticing.  

SF is shopping for trade DOWNs.  They have no picks in Rounds 2, 3 or 4.  So, trading back with them would be a terrible idea.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Thanks to the ole Rooster for letting me know of the change.

How do you do avatars on this board?  Attachments?

The old rooster welcomes you aboard.

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Was your avatar always blinking before?  That's cool

Yep, not many have noticed. Originally had a blinking Chip. Then a blinking Demarco, which has stuck just because he's so comically awful as an Eagles moment in history.

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

San Fran moving up for a WR would make sense.  KC would not.  

24 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

Surely if San Fran are keen enough to move up 10 spots for a particular WR, then that WR should be very much on our radar at 21...Dropping down 10 spots so an NFC rival can take a WR that is a need for us just doesn't make sense...

24 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I agree.  I am not saying that is what they should do, I was just commenting on the stupid rumor.  However, when Andy gets obsessed with something, he goes through with it.  Right now he is addicted to speed (which isn't a bad thing in today's NFL).  They let Demarcus Robison go but he was also a speed guy.  I could see them drafting Hamler and maybe even reaching for him.  It would be such an Andy Reid thing to do.

Gotta look at the FULL package of picks teams could send in return.  SF has NONE that they could ship to the Eagles to pay for that move up to 21 in the 2020 draft.  That means that they'd only be able to offer 2021 picks... and who knows what that would look like given the state of things right now.

Nah... SF isn't a trade DOWN partner to 31, they are a trade UP partner at 13 - which I really wouldn't like.

56 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

my round 1 board looks like this right now:

I would add Thomas as he may fall to 21. 

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Wow the Chargers did it right:

That's really good, bit of a throw back with the number on the helmet too.    But, I still hate that new Rams logo.  It actually makes me think of the Chargers.  :roll: 

Archived