EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JSEagle said:

Peter King said Alshon is likely to be traded during the draft.

FWIW

That would be awesome but I am not sure I buy it.  Lets pretend he does though, what would his value be?

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Great.  But I don't believe anything that turd has to guess.  

Yeah, I don't buy it.

Side note, I am absolutely all in on Malik Hooker, depending on cost. He's missed a ton of games, but he's a talent. Should be cheap.

23 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The last choice is probably the most realistic of those 4 -- and it might assume the Eagles go WR-WR on their first two picks.  My thinking is the Eagles might end up with:

Reagor and Van Jefferson

Reagor and John Hightower

Higgins and Devin Duvernay

Mims and Peoples-Jones

IF the Eagles do that... then we'd continuously hear Chris Collinsworth talk about 'power forwards' and playing above the rim..   🤮

Just now, Khani1 said:

That would be awesome but I am not sure I buy it.  Lets pretend he does though, what would his value be?

A Gatorade cooler for the practice squad.

9 hours ago, ManuManu said:

So... this guy is pretty good. Been seeing him in the middle rounds of mocks. I doubt he’ll be there. Looks like a second or third rounder to me. He can play in press or off, man or zone and showed the ability to switch sides (could come in handy if we have Slay shadow). 

He’s willing one the run game, at times he looks like a plus player in that regard. He did have one inexcusable poor effort on a TD run against Oklahoma State. In the two games I watched, that was an aberration. He was up against Tulane Wallace quite a bit and held his own. Wallace had some first round buzz before tearing his ACL. 

Physically he’s got impressive side and athleticism. 

I’d be thrilled if we got him with the comp 3. 

Really like that kid

57 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Are we supposed to complain about the newly drafted wrs here or on the old board?  Asking for a friend.

Both.  I expect the last post on the old EMB will be someone bemoaning them lack of speed. :whistle:

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I would add Thomas as he may fall to 21. 

I don't see it.  I think he'll be gone quickly.  

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yes. 

I haven't watched him play for the Colts.  But he tore his ACL/MCL as a rookie and seems to have had a fairly anonymous career since.  It's noteworthy that he had a sports hernia and a torn labrum repaired prior to his rookie year, in which he played 7 games.  He played 14 games in 2018 and 13 games in 2019.  He's 24 and has 1 year left (2020) on his contract.  

I wouldn't give up much at all really.  Mid/late round pick.  

5 minutes ago, JSEagle said:

Peter King said Alshon is likely to be traded during the draft.

FWIW

I really hope that's true.  But, it sounds more like crap he's throwing against the wall.  

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Ham sandwich.  No cheese.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

No way in hell its a LB.

Yeah, I just think they'd be taking an awful chance waiting until #53 for a WR that can contribute right away.  They don't need a WR1 right away, but they need a guy who can play meaningful snaps and contribute.

0% chance Alshon gets traded. He’s not gonna play next season. Who trades anything for that?! Especially with the contract. Idk why people have it in their head that he should be in any sort of plans. 

1 minute ago, blindside said:

0% chance Alshon gets traded. He’s not gonna play next season. Who trades anything for that?! Especially with the contract. Idk why people have it in their head that he should be in any sort of plans. 

The BoB's of the world.

2 minutes ago, blindside said:

Yeah, he won't get traded.

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

IF the Eagles do that... then we'd continuously hear Chris Collinsworth talk about 'power forwards' and playing above the rim..   🤮

Only when they play AFC teams, thankfully 

3 minutes ago, blindside said:

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I haven't watched him play for the Colts.  But he tore his ACL/MCL as a rookie and seems to have had a fairly anonymous career since.  It's noteworthy that he had a sports hernia and a torn labrum repaired prior to his rookie year, in which he played 7 games.  He played 14 games in 2018 and 13 games in 2019.  He's 24 and has 1 year left (2020) on his contract.  

I wouldn't give up much at all really.  Mid/late round pick.  

Yup. I’d gladly pay a mid round pick. 

5 minutes ago, blindside said:

I don’t see anyone trading for him now as he can’t pass a physical until at least August. I swear, some of these columnists throw up such BS. (Now watch then trade Alshon.)

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yup. I’d gladly pay a mid round pick. 

Only if they whiff on drafting a S.  We already have two Ss on one year deals.

Just now, BigEFly said:

Only if they whiff on drafting a S.  We already have two Ss on one year deals.

Both of those safeties are SS. Hooker can play single high. I’d love to have him develop into our long term FS. McLeod can play as the third safety in 2021. 

But maybe he never returned to form following his knee injury and this is a nothing burger. 

10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Only when they play AFC teams, thankfully 

What?   Is he out at NBC and back to CBS?

OK...I post this once per year...

Your team gets 3 elite all-pro's, 6 pro-bowlers (excluding the all-pro's), 6 above average starters, 5 average starters, and 2 guys that are true liabilities.  That is a STACKED lineup, but worth reasonably aspiring towards.  Distribute them amongst your starting 22.  Feel free to alter the base offense/defense as you would have it.

My lineup:

QB: Elite

WR1/WR2: Probowl x2

WR3: Above average

RB: Average

LT: Probowl

LG: Average

OC: Above average

RG: Above average

RT: Probowl

TE: Above average

DE: Elite