Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Outside of Hurts becoming the franchise WB the Eagles are likely to package picks to get there QB question really is which gamble are we taking 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Outside of Hurts becoming the franchise WB the Eagles are likely to package picks to get there QB question really is which gamble are we taking 

I guess that depends though... And this is why they should see how this year pans out. If Hurts is good then that's good for this team. If he's bad then they likely have a high draft pick and can either go after a guy in the draft or go after a top QB in a trade. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he's bad then they likely have a high draft pick and can either go after a guy in the draft or go after a top QB in a trade. 

Unless it’s what top 3 maybe 5 we likely have to move to get our QB. Of course lots of factors can go into it but I don’t think this team is bad enough to have a top 5 pick even if Hurts played poorly. 

So to be it’s trade multiple high picks for a rookie viva the draft or one of the possibly available QB 

My believe on Hurts is he going to be right in the middle. He isn’t going to play well enough that the FO and coaches are sold on him but he isn’t going to play so poorly that it clear cut we need to move from him either. 

Felt from end of last year we would end up in this sort of limbo area…Thinking like Tyrod Tyler with the Bills or Alex Smith 

4 hours ago, stine said:

I get it. Watson makes the Eagles better. But I am not the only one who wants no part of him on this team. The guy is a POS as far as I am concerned.

Mic drop!

Just feel like the FO is up to something… Not sure why we don’t name Hurts the starter would be one thing if we were even semi acting like there was a true competition but it’s been solely hurts getting 1st team reps.

We also freed up cap space with couple moves. I still think we are looking for a WR but could a blockbuster QB trade been in the wings??? Been quiet on Wilson and Rodgers but could we tempt them??? 

Becuase I feel like Howie is up to something probably means no moves coming lmao 

Could be a curve ball would we be interested in Jordan Love??? Not sure GB would deal him and it would make zero sense to me with us having Hurts but also wouldn’t shock me either. 

58 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Could be a curve ball would we be interested in Jordan Love??? Not sure GB would deal him and it would make zero sense to me with us having Hurts but also wouldn’t shock me either. 

No I really don't think so. I mean don't rule anything out but I don't really see the link there to be honest.

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

link there to be honest.

Were reports that Colts were interested in moving up for Jordan Love last year. Siri was OC of that Colts team so could definitely like a guy like Love. 

Honestly don’t see this as a remote possibility like .00000000000000000001% just a dull period at the moment lmao 

8 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Were reports that Colts were interested in moving up for Jordan Love last year. Siri was OC of that Colts team so could definitely like a guy like Love. 

Honestly don’t see this as a remote possibility like .00000000000000000001% just a dull period at the moment lmao 

Yeah I mean there's a potential link I guess but like you say it's a very slim possibility. 

Looks like Mailata is winning the battle at LT. So what do we do with Dillard? He has not shown he can handle RT so he would have to be slotted as BU for LT only? Do we deal him? Do we check out how well Mailata can play at RT should Johnson get hurt? Will be interesting to see how the Eagles handle this...

I will say that I was pushing for him. Such a great story. 3 years ago he knew nothing about Football, let alone any specific position. A real quick study and he has become a solid LT. I heard Scott was fooling around with him asking for protection money as his body guard. Mailata promptly picked him up like he was a twig and said he needed no protection.... Scott may be short but he is over 200 pounds. Just how strong is this dude....?

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Shakiel Taylor axed!

I don't think this is a surprise. It sounds like Maddox, McPhearson and Scott are doing well in camp and Jacquet and James are likely competing for the last spot with Seymor as a candidate for the vet guy on the PS role. So there's not going to be many snaps in TC for extreme depth guys. It's better to cut him now to see if he can latch on somewhere else, and they need a roster spot with Singleton ready to go.

2 hours ago, stine said:

Looks like Mailata is winning the battle at LT. So what do we do with Dillard? He has not shown he can handle RT so he would have to be slotted as BU for LT only? Do we deal him? Do we check out how well Mailata can play at RT should Johnson get hurt? Will be interesting to see how the Eagles handle this

Trade Dillard if he loses his value is only as a LT you have Driscoll who can swing T plus Clark who is on PUP. Can’t waste a backup OL spot on a guy who can only play one spot when you only carry 8 guys in game usually 

Though doesn’t sound like Dillard is having all that terrible of a camp he has gotten beat couple times but pretty sure all our OL loses some battles the DL get paid also.

Biggest thing for Philly right now is Reagor flashing and coming on still needs to get a tad more consistent but our WRs could be dangerous and young 

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I don't think this is a surprise. It sounds like Maddox, McPhearson and Scott are doing well in camp and Jacquet and James are likely competing for the last spot with Seymor as a candidate for the vet guy on the PS role. So there's not going to be many snaps in TC for extreme depth guys. It's better to cut him now to see if he can latch on somewhere else, and they need a roster spot with Singleton ready to go.

Maddox in a more natural role for him is a good thing. Scott has been a pleasant surprise from the things I’ve been reading on him. Always nice to hear a rookie doing well. 

two weakest areas for years sound like they have some serious promise going into the season. Former WR(Siri) and DB coach(Gannon) showing up lol 

Not sure how true it is yet but saying 258m with 150m guaranteed for Allen. Avg. per year like 43m 

20 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Not sure how true it is yet but saying 258m with 150m guaranteed for Allen. Avg. per year like 43m 

That's massive! Personally I'm not a huge fan of Allen... But having said that the last couple of years he's certainly improved and he's starting to make me rethink. 

Lamar is up next 40+m a year becoming the new norm for franchise QBs 

5 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Trade Dillard if he loses his value is only as a LT you have Driscoll who can swing T plus Clark who is on PUP. Can’t waste a backup OL spot on a guy who can only play one spot when you only carry 8 guys in game usually 

I don't want to give Dillard away. He most likely could start for many teams so should be worth no less than a 2nd round pick IMO. Do you think the dude could play guard? If so then we at least have a couple spots he could fill in for. I would think Guard is easier to handle.....

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Do you think the dude could play guard? If so then we at least have a couple spots he could fill in for. I would think Guard is easier to handle.....

With Herbig and Dickerson not sure we need him at G… Plus Semaulo about the same age and is an underrated guy. 

Unfortunately if Dillard loses to me we just have to cut our losses with him trade him for whatever we can get. 

With preseason cut down by a game how do we think the snaps go in those games… is game 3 still the dress rehearsal game??? 

Archived