Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Missed opportunities I can think of at least 2 ints we dropped vs SF and we had what like 3 vs ATL…

We have at least been in position for turnovers now it’s just we need to make the plays. 

This team is going to lose perhaps by 6 points despite leaving points on the field. You know what that tells me? This team with some further additions could be quite good next year.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This team is going to lose perhaps by 6 points despite leaving points on the field. You know what that tells me? This team with some further additions could be quite good next year.

I mean Reagor TD was great play by the SF CB pushed him out and knew it Reagor has to be more aware…. FG great ST play by SF.

Turnover on downs was just poor play calling and play no excuse we shouldn’t have scored on that drive at the 6 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I still have hope for this year.

Just now, Trini said:

I still have hope for this year.

I mean look I don't have high expectations but there's a chance. I never expected us to win this one. Trouble is next is Dallas and then it's a tough run so who knows when the next win could be. That's the troubling thing. 

OK despite the bad play calls,it was Hurts who didn't execute?

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK despite the bad play calls,it was Hurts who didn't execute?

I've got to be honest I don't really get this whole it was Hurts fault thing. I thought the play calling was questionable and I thought the OL really struggled. Two factors that aren't going to help any QB. 

They missed opportunities at the end of the first and as a result they had to get away from the run game which is a big part of this scheme.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've got to be honest I don't really get this whole it was Hurts fault thing. I thought the play calling was questionable and I thought the OL really struggled. Two factors that aren't going to help any QB. 

They missed opportunities at the end of the first and as a result they had to get away from the run game which is a big part of this scheme.

I didn't say it was his fault,I asked if he did not execute the plays

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I didn't say it was his fault,I asked if he did not execute the plays

I'm agreeing with you and arguing your point not arguing with you. I know you weren't getting at Hurts. 

So all you guys pounding the table last year "OH I want Trey Lance,or Justin Fields" suddenly disappear because Hurts had One good game lol ,but when I mention a QB next draft I get bashed. Too funny.OK whatever. It looked to me we bascially held our own against a better team,so I won't complain much. What bothers me more is we didn;t play as solid as I wanted us to

SO this game didn;t go very far to prove if Hurts is the man right? I'm not arguing either way,but there is not enough evidence so make a case either way from what I am reading

In looking at my fantasy numbers, perhaps I need to bench Sanders. I will check the stat lines later

Just was not a good game for us on offense.  The passing offense was dreadful looking. 

Most of our passing came off one play that we then didn’t capitalize on.

Hurts-190 yards and 91 of that came from one play so the other 11 passes he complete got us a total of 99 yards. 

Kept trying for the quick passes and YAC plays but SF was very good at tackling snuffed some of our screens. 

Definitely seemed like a game of missed opportunities and we probably should have won the game. 

On another note,Jameis WInston looked uncannily like Jameis Winston lol. I figured Sean had gotten him to settle down,but the old BS Winston has re-emerged. Darnold looks good in Carolina

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just was not a good game for us on offense.  The passing offense was dreadful looking. 

Most of our passing came off one play that we then didn’t capitalize on.

Hurts-190 yards and 91 of that came from one play so the other 11 passes he complete got us a total of 99 yards. 

Kept trying for the quick passes and YAC plays but SF was very good at tackling snuffed some of our screens. 

Definitely seemed like a game of missed opportunities and we probably should have won the game. 

So were the play calls crap like the old Ped???

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And we loss Graham for the year with an Achilles that a huge blow 

Trade Flaaco or Minshew to Miami for one

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My criticism for today was Playcalling in the Red Zone didn't like the Gadget Calls  but we battled... The experience factor Niners Coaches and players experience with each other was clear. We are going to get better. Mialata handled BOSA like NO one else has in years .Dickerson insertion in the line for Brooks seemed seamless. 

1 minute ago, Trini said:

My criticism for today was Playcalling in the Red Zone didn't like the Gadget Calls  but we battled... The experience factor Niners Coaches and players experience with each other was clear. We are going to get better. Mialata handled BOSA like NO one else has in years .Dickerson insertion in the line for Brooks seemed seamless. 

I like this, take the positives from the game bud. 

I guess the question I am asking is did Hurts not execute the plays,were the plays called BAD again,did the O line collapse in pass pro were the WR's not getting open,was the O line not opening RB holes. Pick the worst one and that's the one we need to work on first

1 minute ago, Trini said:

Thanx for that update. I was wondering

4 minutes ago, Trini said:

Mialata handled BOSA like NO one else has in years

I like the sound of this!!!

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I guess the question I am asking is did Hurts not execute the plays,were the plays called BAD again,did the O line collapse in pass pro were the WR's not getting open,was the O line not opening RB holes. Pick the worst one and that's the one we need to work on first

Niners D was significantly more competitive than the Falcons they competed harder on jumped balls. Exactly what you expect as a team touted with SB expectations. and Hell  NO the O line handled BOSA and those ALL star DL all game. The one time BOSA sped by Mialata , he recovered BOSA had a few hurries and a sack that came from the right side.....I was very impressed with Jordan Mialata competence against a player of BOSA stature. Siranni did not figure out 9 ers D early enough .....when Hurts finally decided to take over the game and score . I think they learned something together, the momentum was shifting....We ran out of time...Niners Coaching experience showed up over our very young crew . The seemed more patient in their execution.

27 minutes ago, Trini said:

NO the O line handled BOSA and those ALL star DL all game

I would not say this pressures were there Hurts helped on a few plays extending with his legs. But DTs for SF got some good penetration and Bosa did his thing had two sacks on the day was causing problems. 

Archived