Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Broke McNabb’s record in a single game passing 471 in 2018. Tied the NFL record for straight completions in a game two weeks later. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell Wentz gold the Eagles TD passing record in a season in 13 games he holds the passing yards in a season record with NO WR getting 500 yards for him.

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hell Wentz gold the Eagles TD passing record in a season in 13 games he holds the passing yards in a season record with NO WR getting 500 yards for him.

That’s why I’m saying he’s clearly ahead of McMahan

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jeff Garcia at least got us a playoff win

Lmao by this logic Foles is the greatest Eagles QB not Mcnabb because at least Foles got us a SB son who cares Wenz did the leg work to make it happen 

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Foles posted a perfect passer rating in a game throwing more TDs than incompletions. Seven against these Raiders! All time record for passing TDs in a game. Super Bowl MVP. Won playoff games. Been clutch in playoff games. Had a crazy hot streak of his own.

And can't keep a job.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

And can't keep a job.

Not Foles fault like it is not Hurts fault it is everyone around them…. just like Foles isn’t injury prone like Wentz even though Foles has never been able to finish a season healthy as a starter…

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao with a 11-2 td-int ratio I love how you like to say it’s a team game not all on the QB the. Fault Wentz for being 3-4 

But it isn’t Hurts fault we are 2-5 terrible offense you want to blame everything else what a joke 

Anyone who watched the Ravens game and would blame Wentz for that loss...is pretty much a dope.   The kicker lost the game.

But going forward, Indy and the Eagles fans who want a 1st round pick, need Indy to beat Tenn this week.  Otherwise it's a 4 game lead for Tennessee if you include the tiebreaker.   With the injuries to their secondary... Buffalo and Tampa will be extremely difficult to match up against.   

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’d put Wentz in front of Hurts, Sanchez, Vick, Foles really the only QB I’d say is higher then Wentz would be Mcnabb 

Foles was inconsistent.

We got lucky he hit a hot streak in 17

I'd say Hurts is a slow Vick with a weak arm

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Foles posted a perfect passer rating in a game throwing more TDs than incompletions. Seven against these Raiders! All time record for passing TDs in a game. Super Bowl MVP. Won playoff games. Been clutch in playoff games. Had a crazy hot streak of his own.

And therin lies the problem

He could as just as easily been ice cold.

7 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I think both coaches had succeeded without the players also lmao whether it was Belicbeat with Cassell going 10-6 or Belicheat other QBs filling in for Brady over the years…

Just like Arians has found success…

Difference between me and you you act like it is solely the players that matter if that is the case why do we even have coaches joe???? Good coaches matter good coaches make a difference 

Hmmm. I dont think that joe disregards coaching to the level you think he does (i wont speak for him though), but I agree that it is the players that have to make the plays. They make MORE of a difference than the coach on the field. The coaches don’t tackle, throw, catch, etc etc.

Now, I personally think Belicheat makes a big difference; Arians hell no. Brady is the sole reason that team is so good. Look at the PLAYERS he attracted. HUGE DIFFERENCE! 

I would explain it just like I do when people would ask me how much of a difference the jockey makes in the outcome of a horse race. A good or great jockey cannot make a slow horse faster. But a bad jockey can slow or impede a fast horse.

Without talent, Belicheat looked pretty average last year. Get him some more talent, he will make a difference. AR is the same…I know Joe doesnt agree with that, and thats his opinion. But no matter how good the coach is, if the team has little to no talent on the field, it doesn’t really matter.

By the way, I love the comparisons amongst Eagles’ QBs. Its a different game now than when McNabb played. It is a different game even when Vick played. Unfortunately Wentz didnt stay long enough to say he was better than McNabb, but when his career is over, I think it will be very obvious one way or the other. For my opinion, he will exceed all of those mentioned. Sanchez? Seriously? Why is that knucklehead even listed?

We love Foles! I love Foles for a Super Bowl win! I will FOREVER be grateful! Now, let’s face reality. Beyond Philadelphia the guy does not succeed.

I loved Vick. Seriously. The dude had mega talent….except he did not read defenses well…could not see the safety blitz.

McNabb. Let’s just say I never bought his jersey. I’m grateful for what he did for the franchise, although I give AR and JJ credit for bringing some great overall talent along with good football schemes to help those players succeed so much.

Garcia. Dude was a fighter. Big fan. But he was limited.

Bradford sucked! Why is he even in the conversation?

46 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

I dont think that joe disregards coaching to the level you think he does (i wont speak for him though), but I agree that it is the players that have to make the plays.

Players matter none of of disregard that but so do good coaches seen plenty of teams with talent underachieve with bad coaches then the following year find success better coaches… Just like the JJ example we went from a top 4 D unit in 08 dropped to 19th with Sean McDermott with mostly the same roster why??? Sorry I don’t think it’s the players were so much drastically worse in 1 year it was the coach. 

Belicheat he didn’t have studs all over the place he was a great coach he had Brady.. Wes Welker was a nobody until NE, Deion Branch was a nobody, Eldman was some PS guy that ST filled in at CB wasn’t so world beating great talent to start… NE was never a team loaded with star talent game changing players they were good players that the coaches maximized 

58 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Hmmm. I dont think that joe disregards coaching to the level you think he does (i wont speak for him though), but I agree that it is the players that have to make the plays. They make MORE of a difference than the coach on the field. The coaches don’t tackle, throw, catch, etc etc.

Now, I personally think Belicheat makes a big difference; Arians hell no. Brady is the sole reason that team is so good. Look at the PLAYERS he attracted. HUGE DIFFERENCE! 

I would explain it just like I do when people would ask me how much of a difference the jockey makes in the outcome of a horse race. A good or great jockey cannot make a slow horse faster. But a bad jockey can slow or impede a fast horse.

Without talent, Belicheat looked pretty average last year. Get him some more talent, he will make a difference. AR is the same…I know Joe doesnt agree with that, and thats his opinion. But no matter how good the coach is, if the team has little to no talent on the field, it doesn’t really matter.

I think AR is a good coach.   Just not great.   Trotter even said it on the radio, " as players we knew we would win when we were better talented, if it was even, not so much"    I think Andy's strength lies in his delegating, he puts together a good staff etc.   Game day to me he is nothing special.   I actually liked Doug better.  Vermeil still IMO was the best coach I've seen for the Eagles.  What he got from those teams while having to go against that Dalas juggernaut is impressive. 

18 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Players matter none of of disregard that but so do good coaches seen plenty of teams with talent underachieve with bad coaches then the following year find success better coaches… Just like the JJ example we went from a top 4 D unit in 08 dropped to 19th with Sean McDermott with mostly the same roster why??? Sorry I don’t think it’s the players were so much drastically worse in 1 year it was the coach. 

Right.. why is it hard to get.   They went from very good to mediocre.... JJ was great and they lost their best player... plus the good MLB to a garbage one.     How are you going to be great while losing those 3?    They weren't awful....just mediocre.  Which fits that group...mediocre talent,mediocre coaching = mediocre results.     

Where we might differ... you might prefer to have JJ without Dawkins and Bradley...  I would prefer Dawkins and Bradley with McDermott.     

And again... when the discussion turns to the current group of coaches...they don't have the tools to work with.  I can't really say how good they are.. I would say that at the moment,  it's safe to say they aren't at a level where they can make the team look good.  This team needs great coaching to almost be mediocre.  Kind of silly to think these coaches can be great right off the bat.  

28 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Belicheat he didn’t have studs all over the place he was a great coach he had Brady.. Wes Welker was a nobody until NE, Deion Branch was a nobody, Eldman was some PS guy that ST filled in at CB wasn’t so world beating great talent to start… NE was never a team loaded with star talent game changing players they were good players that the coaches maximized 

So I'm guessing you would think Belichek is better than Arians?    I would also guess you think Tampa is better than New England?  

Great players with a good coach... IMO is better than decent/ soild/ pretty good players with a great coach.     Basically give me the players and a coach that won't mess it up.   The really truly great coaches are few and far between... but IMO good ones are plentiful if you can get them the players.

Question for everyone, would you give Miami their 1st round pick back for Tua? Nothing more, nothing less.

3 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Question for everyone, would you give Miami their 1st round pick back for Tua? Nothing more, nothing less.

No. Think that covers it.

Why would we? Tua has been up and down in the NFL (granted he's still a young QB learning the ropes) but at this point I don't think his value is as high as when he was drafted? In fact his value is probably lower even if only be a little. 

6 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

I assume this is in reference to the Watson rumors. But No I would not. If I could lure ARod here I would, but we'd need a better O staff than we have. I think Arod would be fine with the offensive weapons we now have, but being a perfectionist, he would drive himself insane here. I see ARod either in NO or Denver. The Jets would probably take a flier on Tua, because...well they're the Jets lol. ATL could be interested if they plan on moving on from Ryan

7 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

not a chance

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right.. why is it hard to get.   They went from very good to mediocre.... JJ was great and they lost their best player... plus the good MLB to a garbage one.     How are you going to be great while losing those 3?    They weren't awful....just mediocre.  Which fits that group...mediocre talent,mediocre coaching = mediocre results.     

Where we might differ... you might prefer to have JJ without Dawkins and Bradley...  I would prefer Dawkins and Bradley with McDermott.     

And again... when the discussion turns to the current group of coaches...they don't have the tools to work with.  I can't really say how good they are.. I would say that at the moment,  it's safe to say they aren't at a level where they can make the team look good.  This team needs great coaching to almost be mediocre.  Kind of silly to think these coaches can be great right off the bat.  

Welp, JJ did not have Dawkins for 2009 season. Bradley played both in 2009 and 2010. Yet the defense went from top 5 in 2009 under JJ to bottom half in 2010. I would never have taken McDermott with any team over JJ. Same players yet much different results... You cannot argue this so please do not try. Not sure why we are even talking about it TBT

14 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Nope... Hurts but left handed.

5 hours ago, stine said:

Welp, JJ did not have Dawkins for 2009 season. Bradley played both in 2009 and 2010. Yet the defense went from top 5 in 2009 under JJ to bottom half in 2010. I would never have taken McDermott with any team over JJ. Same players yet much different results... You cannot argue this so please do not try. Not sure why we are even talking about it TBT

JJ passed away prior to 2009.     Dawkins went to Denver in 2009... and Bradley missed the 2009 season due to injury.  

JJ was never DC here without Dawkins, except for the few games he missed when he was hurt one year.  McD inherited the defense without Bradley and Dawkins 

I would take the 2017 defense with McDermott... over today's defense if JJ was the DC... all day and without hesitation.  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

would take the 2017 defense with McDermott... over today's defense if JJ was the DC... all day and without hesitation.  

And you still missing the whole point…. Would the 2017 defense be better with JJ 08 or McDermott 09…. Because I’d put money on JJ unit being superior… Just like I’d put money on JJ unit still being a top 10 unit in 09 if he didn’t pass away even with out Dawkins and Bradley bet it doesn’t drop to 19th…

Impact of a coach and a good players matter sure but so does a good coach that knows how to use them…

17 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Bellicheat is the GM also. So he really hasn’t been that great at that part.

Archived