Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You roll with Sirianni. Payton isn't going to make this team a contender. 

IDK he had the Ain'ts contending every year, until they kept getting into annual cap trouble and couldn't get decent players in. Brees retiring didn't help. Having Thomas out and Kamara hurt didn't help. Payton wants a ring before he retires

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You roll with Sirianni. Payton isn't going to make this team a contender. 

What about 2 drafts from now?

45 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Now the defensive breakdown and boy oh boy do we need help.

DE- Graham old, Sweat good #2 option Barnett needs to be gone Jackson might be alright rotational piece… Seriously need help on the edge.

DT- Cox/Hargrave are older not spring chickens Milton showed some flashes might be a good player in time still need more on the inside though

LB- Edwards that basically all we have, Taylor showed some flashes but then got hurt. Don’t have a ton of faith much happens here though. 

CB- Slay was good, Nelson was solid both old doubt Nelson returns… Maddox might be the only long term option manning the slot.

S- needs complete overhaul… Wallace stayed Hurt. Epps was solid but can definitely get better. 

Sounds right. This is why I said we need 6 picks in 2 rounds(actually 6 isn't enough,but it's better than 4),which plays into your trade back scenario

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So Derek Carr has one year remaining on his contract. By what you are saying he will be extended to make 45 mil a year this year.

A suggestion. Pay attention to what is actually said, without the "  what Bowles said was keep shifting "   stop putting words in people's mouth and just take what people write as what they mean

I'm talking about Hurts. An Afrcan American QB on a rookie deal who has been playing for peanuts and will have his first opportunity to make real $$ as a starting QB.   If he is legit the 15th best out of 32 starting QBs, you can bet that the Eagles will have to pay up...  and I am not focused on 50 million like you are ...  but I think I've given you enough information on top 15 QB salaries and the franchise tag #s to show.....  30 million would be a low #.

So my point... if Hurts remains here in 2024, he will be paid.  30 million or 50 million, he ain't getting that without drastic improvement.   And according to you,he is already 15th best and worth it.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

NFL.com has Hurts at 15. 
ProFootballNetwork had him at 17

PFF has him at 10.

Fansided has him at 17

Then Lurie will have to pay.... see my point yet?   

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But it’s just me….all alone living on my own planet that thinks like this.

Yes... on your own planet thinking a QB that is legit at those rankings would come at a discount.   You are own your own planet on that for sure. 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m really curious as to what we do on the OL I mean we have a good problem with so many guy that can start and play.

LT-Mailata 

LG- Dickerson- think you have to keep him at LG

C-Kelce job unless he retires, If Kelce retires do we go Dickerson here??? Semaulo??? Draft his replacement??? Linderbaum???

RG- My guess is Semulo moves over when healthy though you also have Driscoll and Herbig who have played well at RG

RT- Lane

I know we tried to move Brooks last offseason have to wonder if we look to deal a G this offseason as well especially if we snag another interior guy like Linderbaum to possibly replace Kelce. 

On the side note we also have Dillard still who showed he can play at a decent level at least at LT. could be bother trade chip 

I think you just gave the starting 5 if Kelce plays,the rest can be backups.  Idk if they need to trade anyone yet. Maybe after the draft.   If you take Kelce out of the mix, I think it's less of a chance they move one.  They love their OL depth.

So, With Brooks retiring, we have a little extra Cap for 2022.

I say we sign a legit #1 WR - Godwin, Williams, Juju, Anderson....?

Sign a safety - Maybe the guy from Pittsburgh?

Draft 3 defensive players with the first 3 picks. CB, D-Line and LB. I know, we never draft a LB in the first round. Well, when was the last time we had 3 first round picks?

So, we bolstered the WR room with 2 legit targets and addressed every level of the Defense with FA and first round of the draft. Hopefully 2 of the 3 drafted players start next year.

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m really curious as to what we do on the OL I mean we have a good problem with so many guy that can start and play.

LT-Mailata 

LG- Dickerson- think you have to keep him at LG

C-Kelce job unless he retires, If Kelce retires do we go Dickerson here??? Semaulo??? Draft his replacement??? Linderbaum???

RG- My guess is Semulo moves over when healthy though you also have Driscoll and Herbig who have played well at RG

RT- Lane

I know we tried to move Brooks last offseason have to wonder if we look to deal a G this offseason as well especially if we snag another interior guy like Linderbaum to possibly replace Kelce. 

On the side note we also have Dillard still who showed he can play at a decent level at least at LT. could be bother trade chip 

I like Linderbaum for the job. You forgot Opeta. Guys proven himself.  But he is probably just depth. Toth took over at C. So he’s a very real option. Just to add to everything you are saying here.

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

My roster breakdown going into the offseason starting on offense. 

QB- Nope don’t think Hurts is the answer yes think he will be the guy next season though just lack of options.

RB- honestly think we see the Eagles draft a guy probably around round 3 my guess is the more one cut down hill running type seems to fit Siri better we seen the impact a healthy Howard had. Have Gains for the change of pace pass catching. Sanders will be around 1 more year as well. 

WR- we have two guys Smith and Quez the rest need to be replaced I’d look to sign a guy in FA really like the idea of Juju on a prove it deal working the slot for us can also aim to draft a guy later 

TE- think we are fairly set Geodart is a clear cut #1 Stoll/Jackson likely fine as the #2/3 guys Stoll gives the blocking help Jackson gives us some receiving help.  

OL- read above post 

Since Jackson tore his ACL it isn't likely he will be ready until at least midseason

12 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Since Jackson tore his ACL it isn't likely he will be ready until at least midseason

Considering we use 1 TE primarily not that huge a deal figured Jackson was #3 behind Stoll anyway 

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like Linderbaum for the job. You forgot Opeta. Guys proven himself.  But he is probably just depth. Toth took over at C. So he’s a very real option. Just to add to everything you are saying here.

Didn’t forget Opeta wasn’t listing all the depth pieces I listed Driscoll and Herbig because you could realistically make a case for either guy to be the RG. 

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Toth tore his ACL though never seen him as a realistic option at C anyway 

I hadn't seen that

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

A suggestion. Pay attention to what is actually said, without the "  what Bowles said was keep shifting "   stop putting words in people's mouth and just take what people write as what they mean

I'm talking about Hurts. An Afrcan American QB on a rookie deal who has been playing for peanuts and will have his first opportunity to make real $$ as a starting QB.   If he is legit the 15th best out of 32 starting QBs, you can bet that the Eagles will have to pay up...  and I am not focused on 50 million like you are ...  but I think I've given you enough information on top 15 QB salaries and the franchise tag #s to show.....  30 million would be a low #.

So my point... if Hurts remains here in 2024, he will be paid.  30 million or 50 million, he ain't getting that without drastic improvement.   And according to you,he is already 15th best and worth it.

I am interpreting Bowles in saying shifting essentially. He’s always disguising various blitzies. The heaviest blitzing Dc. And tells his guys keep moving around and he can’t read it. To me he’s talking about shifting the D to catch the young Qb. Exactly what I hear.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK he had the Ain'ts contending every year, until they kept getting into annual cap trouble and couldn't get decent players in. Brees retiring didn't help. Having Thomas out and Kamara hurt didn't help. Payton wants a ring before he retires

Ohhhh….now cap problems are a factor….with any other team nit QBed by Hurts….gotcha. Only important when it fits your agenda.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sounds right. This is why I said we need 6 picks in 2 rounds(actually 6 isn't enough,but it's better than 4),which plays into your trade back scenario

Or add trades and FA….you know….the normal stuff every team does.

Then Lurie will have to pay.... see my point yet?   

Your point was Hurts wouldn’t get a second contract. Now you are talking 30-50 mil. Pretty much all over the place as long as it fits the agenda of ‘hate on Hurts.’

Yes... on your own planet thinking a QB that is legit at those rankings would come at a discount.   You are own your own planet on that for sure. 

You’ve said I was about Hurts QB ranking league wide also. Then I do a super quick search to find everybody out there ranking QBs is pretty much all right in the same ball park. Making it the consensus.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ohhhh….now cap problems are a factor….with any other team nit QBed by Hurts….gotcha. Only important when it fits your agenda.

WTF do the Saints problems have to do with the Eagles?

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm still not giving up a first for him. 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So you do or don’t think Carr gets 45 mil on his extension this season?

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I am interpreting Bowles in saying shifting essentially. He’s always disguising various blitzies. Exactly what I hear.

That's not what was said.  Hear what was said, without interpretation.   Don't make simple things complicated, like you are trying to find a way to think Hurts will be a legit QB but not cost us a boatload.   That isn't happening 

38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Your point was Hurts wouldn’t get a second contract. Now you are talking 30-50 mil. Pretty much all over the place as long as it fits the agenda of ‘hate on Hurts.’

I never said Hurts wasn't going to get a 2nd contract.  Again, this is the Todd Bowles planet Ham example where you just can't words to literally mean what they are.  

Yes...I don't think 30 or 50 mil will matter to Lurie.   He won't pat Hurts that based on his play so far.  

Im calling Bull@$it on the " Hurts is 15th best QB.   With the idea that if he legit is...  then he is going to be paid as such.   To me $30 mil or 50 million is the same...because either would show me Lurie thinks Hurts is the guy.    

But you haven't come back with a contract you think Hurts will sign ...  being the team player and taking the discount.   Just say the # you expect in 2024 that is a deal he would take as the 15th best QB?

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you do or don’t think Carr gets 45 mil on his extension this season?

I don't give a crap about Carr or Wentz or anyone else.  The conversation is about the Eagles and Hurts.    Hurts is different than Carr, because Carr already got paid.  Hurts has not gotten paid yet .  He isn't going to be a top half of the NFL starter and take a monster discount.  He will be the highest payed player on the team by at least 10 million if not closer to 20 million per...  if he gets legit money.

Archived