Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Vikes will be tough if our secondary gets exposed. Good WR's and a top RB.

First off I'm not all that sure we can beat the Wuss twice

I'm looking at it from.... who were we better than last year... because that 9 wins is completely legit...give our team credit for fighting to win, had nothing to do with schedule, we were legit 9 win team.  I'm with Ham on this one.

So from there...  which team had a better offseason that was behind us?   I don't see it.   Washington has the worst QB ever,  Giants were legit bad, injuries last year weren't a factor.   Pittsburgh has rookie QB and they never beat us in Philly plus we are coming off a bye.

Arizona lost Kirk and Hopkins for our matchup.  Tennessee got weaker losing their #1 WR.   Indy is most overrated team with zero offseason moves again, just getting older.  I mean, even Green Bay losing their WRs... 

14 wins should happen after starting from a legit 9 last year...the QB going into year 3, 2nd year in system and starter...adding a legit #1 to the offense,  Sanders elite RB talent waiting to be unleashed. Smith and Watkins a year older and having 2 vets to learn from now.  Goedert not having Ertz to take away the routes.  

Adding the run stuffer, the edge rusher and huge upgrade all over LBs. 

 We absolutely can win 14 games.  No reason we shouldn't. 

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm looking at it from.... who were we better than last year... because that 9 wins is completely legit...give our team credit for fighting to win, had nothing to do with schedule, we were legit 9 win team.  I'm with Ham on this one.

So from there...  which team had a better offseason that was behind us?   I don't see it.   Washington has the worst QB ever,  Giants were legit bad, injuries last year weren't a factor.   Pittsburgh has rookie QB and they never beat us in Philly plus we are coming off a bye.

Arizona lost Kirk and Hopkins for our matchup.  Tennessee got weaker losing their #1 WR.   Indy is most overrated team with zero offseason moves again, just getting older.  I mean, even Green Bay losing their WRs... 

14 wins should happen after starting from a legit 9 last year...the QB going into year 3, 2nd year in system and starter...adding a legit #1 to the offense,  Sanders elite RB talent waiting to be unleashed. Smith and Watkins a year older and having 2 vets to learn from now.  Goedert not having Ertz to take away the routes.  

Adding the run stuffer, the edge rusher and huge upgrade all over LBs. 

 We absolutely can win 14 games.  No reason we shouldn't. 

We played beat up less that 100% teams last year,those teams won't be the pushovers they were last year.I would consider 9 wins PROGRESS vs teams at full strength. Maybe eek out an extra win,so 9 or 10 I would think. I don't think we beat the wuss twice,so there's one difference and maybe we split with Dullaz. I see us beating the gnats both times. I don;t think we beat the Vikes,could be a close game and a fun one to see if Hurts has what it takes. So I will stick with 9-10 wins. I would be overly pleased with more

And I suppose despite all the problems in NO, they will make a game of it

So here's the multi million dollar question. And no one knows the answer except 2 guys. What amount of wins gets Hurts a new contract? 10? 12? We still have new guys with growing pains to go through

  • Author
1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Would you rather play Arizona with or without Hopkins?

Not even a question for me. Hopkins the best in the league. I’ll take anything we can get.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Why shouldn't we win 14 ?

Because we are not that good. Defense will be a work in progress. Offense will go as far as our QB Takes them. I am unsure how far that will be. I feel we are a middle of the raod team this year. Saying that, we should win 8-9 games. We may win some we should not and lose some we should have won...

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not even a question for me. Hopkins the best in the league. I’ll take anything we can get.

Cheap win.Your bar is set so low. Very sad

1 minute ago, stine said:

Because we are not that good. Defense will be a work in progress. Offense will go as far as our QB Takes them. I am unsure how far that will be. I feel we are a middle of the raod team this year. Saying that, we should win 8-9 games. We may win some we should not and lose some we should have won...

Nah..  legit , absolutely legit 9 win team,adding all these pieces.   Look at 2016 to 2017.   7 win team with horrible QB...then 2017 boom.  Why because Patrick Robinson?  Team had weak CBs too.   But look at it this way.   

We have Slay.  We were 9 win team, not 7.  AJ Brown is a better addition than Alshon.  And the current QB is the modern type new age, that can run. Plus the intangibles.    And all those teams on the schedule....maybe New Orleans is the only team I see improving from last year.    We should win 14 games.   Absolutely no reason why Hurts with his intangibles and everyone being on the same page....dead money off the books.   Great draft.   No reason we shouldn't win 14 games with Hurts as QB one.

6 minutes ago, stine said:

Because we are not that good. Defense will be a work in progress. Offense will go as far as our QB Takes them. I am unsure how far that will be. I feel we are a middle of the raod team this year. Saying that, we should win 8-9 games. We may win some we should not and lose some we should have won...

Agree, we look good on paper(except for the secondary which we are all used to by now) , but can we execute? Want to see 35 points per game

I want to see Siri keep the pedal to the metal when we are ahead and STOP the "prevent OFFENSE"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4371989/arryn-siposs   And bash me if you want, but this guy either needs to show up or get the boot(pun intended) Not what I would call "up to par"

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Agree, we look good on paper(except for the secondary which we are all used to by now) , but can we execute? Want to see 35 points per game

Yeah...but loom at 2017 comparison.  I was wrong thinking we were the most talented roster..  as Ham explains,  look at our CBs that year.   We have Slay now.    Plus the additions to the front 7.   Intangibles here , where a top WR in Brown was begging to come here to play with Hurts....took less money than to stay with Tenn and didn't even want to look at other offers.

No reason the 2022 Eagles shouldn't win 14 games. 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah...but loom at 2017 comparison.  I was wrong thinking we were the most talented roster..  as Ham explains,  look at our CBs that year.   We have Slay now.    Plus the additions to the front 7.   Intangibles here , where a top WR in Brown was begging to come here to play with Hurts....took less money than to stay with Tenn and didn't even want to look at other offers.

No reason the 2022 Eagles shouldn't win 14 games. 

2017 we had a passing QB. Remains to be seen if Hurts is up to the task. If he does the 1 read and stare down or the 1 and run, I don't see 14 games with a W. This is all on Hurts as we keep saying

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Nah..  legit , absolutely legit 9 win team,adding all these pieces.   Look at 2016 to 2017.   7 win team with horrible QB...then 2017 boom.  Why because Patrick Robinson?  Team had weak CBs too.   But look at it this way.   

We have Slay.  We were 9 win team, not 7.  AJ Brown is a better addition than Alshon.  And the current QB is the modern type new age, that can run. Plus the intangibles.    And all those teams on the schedule....maybe New Orleans is the only team I see improving from last year.    We should win 14 games.   Absolutely no reason why Hurts with his intangibles and everyone being on the same page....dead money off the books.   Great draft.   No reason we shouldn't win 14 games with Hurts as QB one.

So, no one else got better? Just us? Come on Joe, yes we did great on the draft, but we still have huge holes to fill. CB, S and depth on the D-Line. We have 2 legit WR's but not much depth there also. Our Rb's are good, but they get injured each year. Still need to see our QB improve.

2017 and now...Cox, Graham and Barnett on both.    

Curry,  Jernigan, Allen, Long ...  vs

Sweat, Hargrave, Davis, Reddick...  

Both had DCs that we thought were head coach material, but had bad years as conservative DCs...  both 2nd year head coaches where we thought they passed too much early.  

Only difference is Hurts has better intangibles than Wentz did, plus he is more experienced going into the season.

14 wins.

Also if teams have done their homework,they will know to make Hurts run left. He stinks trying to pass running left.

 14 wins = best team in conference. I highly doubt we are even close.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

2017 and now...Cox, Graham and Barnett on both.    

Curry,  Jernigan, Allen, Long ...  vs

Sweat, Hargrave, Davis, Reddick...  

Both had DCs that we thought were head coach material, but had bad years as conservative DCs...  both 2nd year head coaches where we thought they passed too much early.  

Only difference is Hurts has better intangibles than Wentz did, plus he is more experienced going into the season.

14 wins.

Sorry, I can't see us only losing 3 games. 14 wins puts us in the SB. 

2 minutes ago, stine said:

So, no one else got better? Just us? Come on Joe, yes we did great on the draft, but we still have huge holes to fill. CB, S and depth on the D-Line. We have 2 legit WR's but not much depth there also. Our Rb's are good, but they get injured each year. Still need to see our QB improve.

Slay and whoever...better than our 2017 CB group.  Ham will tell you how that one stud CB makes the big difference.   Darby was injured and average..  Mills getting beat with the double move... no comparison, much better this year.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Also if teams have done their homework,they will know to make Hurts run left. He stinks trying to pass running left.

Dude has gotten better every year...he is the hardest worker with so many intangibles.   Now with a legit group of weapons and the elite OL... 14 wins easy.

Just now, joemas6 said:

Dude has gotten better every year...he is the hardest worker with so many intangibles.   Now with a legit group of weapons and the elite OL... 14 wins easy.

I will hold you to that. I see 10, maybe 11 tops

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sorry, I can't see us only losing 3 games. 14 wins puts us in the SB

Why... look at our schedule.   We were better than all those teams last year. Plus the additions...compared to the situations of the other teams?    Why not 14 wins?

Example,why would you say we lose to Minnesota?   We were better last year.  Who did they add compared to us?  It's at home... why should we lose?  

SO the question is,what is the standard that is set for Hurts to become QB1? Wins?passing yards? They have to have criteria that needs met although we don't know what that is

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Why... look at our schedule.   We were better than all those teams last year. Plus the additions...compared to the situations of the other teams?    Why not 14 wins?

Example,why would you say we lose to Minnesota?   We were better last year.  Who did they add compared to us?  It's at home... why should we lose?  

Cook is a handful and Theilen and JJ should abuse our secondary(Osbourne in the slot is coming into his own also) We were better than alot of teams who were missing key players. Can Slay cover McLaurin? You know Wentz will air it out

7 minutes ago, stine said:

 14 wins = best team in conference. I highly doubt we are even close.

You are probably one of those guys making excuses for our awesome 9 wins last year.   They were legit.  Now with our additions and the other team's subtractions... 14 should be very doable.  

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Cook is a handful and Theilen and JJ should abuse our secondary(Osbourne in the slot is coming into his own also)

And where did they finish last year?  And what big improvement did they make?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.