Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

  • Author

I’m pretty excited about this season. Think we are an improving up and coming team. Think still adding a S will be key. Could use more a FS type guy that would help if he can Man cover.

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is why I was explaining there is no set yardage marker for me. He’ll throw for the most yardage if we are behind all season. I rely on the eye test mostly. But I also am pointing out there are a thousand boxes to check to be a Franchise QB. He checks a ton of those boxes already for me. He improved his completion percentage last year. That is one area he needs to keep working on. But even there…..if Siri drops up the perfect playcall the completion is much easier. Overall improved passing and reading the defense is needed. Some of that still falls on his and Siri’s synergy and capability. So what gets placed on the receivers, coach or QB? Just gotta grade individually. Tough for us fans to do always. We don’t know whether a guy ran the wrong route. We don’t know the read progressions Siri expects in every situation. I do feel there is a very great communication level between coach and QB. Feel Hurts is very coachable. So actually some of what will look like Hurts improving will actually be Siri maturing into the job. 

IDK top QB's throw for big yardage behind or otherwise. There are no reasons to stop dong what you get paid to do

51 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Going three and out passing stopping the clock a bunch just gives more opportunity for a come back. So I absolutely believe in milking the clock with a lead. I don’t want to waste the clock when behind. The clock is a huge part of the game. Gotta manage it and have it work for you.

I'm fine with clock milking under 3 minutes.otherwise keep playing the game

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m explaining exactly why there is no set number. If we pass or run for a first down or TD that works for me. I’m not really biased. But we need the results. Can you not admit if we are behind all season the passing numbers should be greater than if we are leading all season? You say the schedule is soft. That would seem to point to good opportunities for us to be on the lead and be favorites to win. I don’t want anybody chasing stats. That’s how you blow games. If we are the better team that Sunday….we shouldn’t have to get all crazy and cute with things. It’s almost a more don’t screw up and blow it. So I’d be more conservative whenever you are afforded. I’d get more aggressive and take bigger risks when facing a better team. 

Running for a TD doesn't show me Hurts has improved as a PASSER. It absolutely make a difference for me(maybe not you)

  • Author
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Running for a TD doesn't show me Hurts has improved as a PASSER. It absolutely make a difference for me(maybe not you)

Exactly. If Hurts runs in the game winner. I’m totally happy. Not sad at all he didn’t pass it. Think Seattle with their stud Wilson wished they had just handed to Lynch instead of trying to make Wilson the hero throwing it in for the SB win.

34 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Last year vs the Lions you want to use Hurts low passing numbers against him. To me that’s not fair or indicative of his passing skills. If you are steam rolling with the run…do that. Up several TDs I don’t care to chase stats and chuck it deep. That’s what you want it seems. Up three TDs all that you are saying is Hurts needs to pass for big yardage and TDs after that point to earn the big payday. Not how I’m judging things. But an easy way to get over four thousand passing yards. The guy ran for almost 800 yards last year. A guy that does that doesn’t need to throw for five thousand yards. Get it done is all that matters to me. He needs to improve on making the best play…whatever it is. That’s about all I need to see. Think it will be difficult. Teams have all this film on him now. The hardest thing for every player is adjusting and overcoming your weaknesses. The league always finds them. Can Hurts do that? Or will it just shut him down? Mike Vick was the perfect example. Lighting the league on fire and then the book came out on him. Record setting O…done. Think Siri the same. Guys know his style and tendencies now. Can he adjust? Like you say about adjusting in game. Gotta do this all season. Self scouting is a huge part of the puzzle for all.

We ran on them easily because they have a crap team. This is what Joe and I have been trying to explain. We need to beat the teams you CAN'T do that with. That requires yards in the AIR

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Last year vs the Lions you want to use Hurts low passing numbers against him. To me that’s not fair or indicative of his passing skills. If you are steam rolling with the run…do that. Up several TDs I don’t care to chase stats and chuck it deep. That’s what you want it seems. Up three TDs all that you are saying is Hurts needs to pass for big yardage and TDs after that point to earn the big payday. Not how I’m judging things. But an easy way to get over four thousand passing yards. The guy ran for almost 800 yards last year. A guy that does that doesn’t need to throw for five thousand yards. Get it done is all that matters to me. He needs to improve on making the best play…whatever it is. That’s about all I need to see. Think it will be difficult. Teams have all this film on him now. The hardest thing for every player is adjusting and overcoming your weaknesses. The league always finds them. Can Hurts do that? Or will it just shut him down? Mike Vick was the perfect example. Lighting the league on fire and then the book came out on him. Record setting O…done. Think Siri the same. Guys know his style and tendencies now. Can he adjust? Like you say about adjusting in game. Gotta do this all season. Self scouting is a huge part of the puzzle for all.

SO Hurts runs for 1,000 yards,15 TD's and the passing is the same as last year. What do you do now???? Remember for the next 4-5 years you are going to pay BIG and you will play different teams,not the 2 cush schedules we have had the last 2 years. So you need numbers based on the FUTURE,not just this season

  • Author
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

We ran on them easily because they have a crap team. This is what Joe and I have been trying to explain. We need to beat the teams you CAN'T do that with. That requires yards in the AIR

But your talking season passing yardage. You play the crap teams too. So Us romping the Lions on the ground means our QB isn’t good in your logic. Fifty mile per hour wind day….throw throw throw is your logic. Why can’t the kicker make the forty yard field goal, he sucks in your mind. To me circumstances and situations all matter and are a factor.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We ran on them easily because they have a crap team. This is what Joe and I have been trying to explain. We need to beat the teams you CAN'T do that with. That requires yards in the AIR

Hurts has thrown over three hundred yards. You happy with the results in all those games?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly. If Hurts runs in the game winner. I’m totally happy. Not sad at all he didn’t pass it. Think Seattle with their stud Wilson wished they had just handed to Lynch instead of trying to make Wilson the hero throwing it in for the SB win.

Difference,Wilson was already proven as a passer. Once you get their,then do what you want,but Hurts needs to prove himself as a COMPLETE QB

  • Author

Putting up big stats isn’t my only measurement. Just the way I see things. Think there are plenty of ways to get the results I’m looking for….that’s wins ultimately.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But your talking season passing yardage. You play the crap teams too. So Us romping the Lions on the ground means our QB isn’t good in your logic. Fifty mile per hour wind day….throw throw throw is your logic. Why can’t the kicker make the forty yard field goal, he sucks in your mind. To me circumstances and situations all matter and are a factor.

LMAO no you are going extreme again on a pointless point. We saw the wind game with the Bills/Pats. IMO that game should have been postponed. Noone expects you to throw in a hurricane

  • Author
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Difference,Wilson was already proven as a passer. Once you get their,then do what you want,but Hurts needs to prove himself as a COMPLETE QB

Sure, let’s not care about the coaches, franchise or team. Let’s just pad Hurts passing numbers so he can prove FL wrong.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Putting up big stats isn’t my only measurement. Just the way I see things. Think there are plenty of ways to get the results I’m looking for….that’s wins ultimately.

So winning on the ground tells you if Hurts is a top QB???? I fail to see that logic. If I hand the ball off every game and we win 14 games that way,am I a franchise QB? 

  • Author
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO no you are going extreme again on a pointless point. We saw the wind game with the Bills/Pats. IMO that game should have been postponed. Noone expects you to throw in a hurricane

I think football should be played outdoors. Snow, wind…..play the game. Love it!

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Sure, let’s not care about the coaches, franchise or team. Let’s just pad Hurts passing numbers so he can prove FL wrong.

More BS dodging/deflection

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I think football should be played outdoors. Snow, wind…..play the game. Love it!

I do also,but playing in 60 MPH wind really does nothing for you evaluating your QB does it?

  • Author
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO no you are going extreme again on a pointless point. We saw the wind game with the Bills/Pats. IMO that game should have been postponed. Noone expects you to throw in a hurricane

It’s not pointless. It is exactly the point. These things matter. If we are losing most of the season and playing in a dome….Hurts passing yardage will be greater. Is that really the goal here?

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So Us romping the Lions on the ground means our QB isn’t good in your logic

I never said this,however it tells me nothing as far as further evaluation. I have ONE year to decide if I'm paying this guy big money for the next 4 years. I need to see as much as possible

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s not pointless. It is exactly the point. These things matter. If we are losing most of the season and playing in a dome….Hurts passing yardage will be greater. Is that really the goal here?

For me it is. I want to see passing yardage.it tells me he has grown reading defenses and upped his accuracy. Running the ball won't tell me that

So,if I hand the ball off every game and we win 14 games,you gonna pay me big money the next 4 years? Where do I sign?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If we are losing most of the season and playing in a dome

Why are we losing????? That's like college teams saying we can't win at Boise state because their field is blue

  • Author
3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I never said this,however it tells me nothing as far as further evaluation. I have ONE year to decide if I'm paying this guy big money for the next 4 years. I need to see as much as possible

No you don’t. He’s under contract for two more seasons. He’s only played one. There is always the tag after that. As ARod would say…..R-E-L-A-X

Let it play out. See what happens. Don’t freak out and do knee jerk stuff

  • Author
5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

For me it is. I want to see passing yardage.it tells me he has grown reading defenses and upped his accuracy. Running the ball won't tell me that

So you’d be happier if we pass pass pass to defeat. Then you know Hurts is The Man. 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So,if I hand the ball off every game and we win 14 games,you gonna pay me big money the next 4 years? Where do I sign?

Like Ryan Tannehill?

  • Author

I will make sure you read that I stated Hurts needs to improve his passing and reading defenses.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No you don’t. He’s under contract for two more seasons. He’s only played one. There is always the tag after that. As ARod would say…..R-E-L-A-X

Let it play out. See what happens. Don’t freak out and do knee jerk stuff

Nope we don't have 2 more seasons to decide. We invested alot in this rebuild.if he stagnates,that was all for nothing. We need a QB who can make these other decisions we made work. That needs to be decided THIS year

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.