Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No you don’t. He’s under contract for two more seasons. He’s only played one. There is always the tag after that. As ARod would say…..R-E-L-A-X

Let it play out. See what happens. Don’t freak out and do knee jerk stuff

3 years is "knee jerk"?  Thats plenty of time.

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you’d be happier if we pass pass pass to defeat. Then you know Hurts is The Man. 

Like Ryan Tannehill?

Who gives a F about Tannehill?? I am an Eagles fan

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you’d be happier if we pass pass pass to defeat

If we're passing to defeat,then the QB is good and there are other things wrong no?

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I will make sure you read that I stated Hurts needs to improve his passing and reading defenses.

By how much? How much is enough? it's a simple question you refuse to answer. How MUCH improvement do YOU need to see? What is your criteria for "improve". Zero reasons now that he can't pass for 4,000 yards with 30 TD's. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If we're passing to defeat,then the QB is good and there are other things wrong no?

If he passes for four hundred yards in a game but we settle for field goals because he isn’t good in the Redzone, is that a good QB? Or how about playing a top pass defense we run on them. Is it ok not to force passing for your stat agenda? How about if he’s a good passer but fails on the final drive by choking…is that your guy? Passes for 350 yards but keeps holding the ball and taking sacks? What if AJ and Smitty get injured, stat goals stay the same for the QB?

  • Author

Can’t hold him being behind our so called Franchise QB his rookie year against him. Learning curve just can’t be the same playing as in the bench. Plus that team stunk. Three games he got his rookie season. It was good though. He had to earn the job. Took it from the highest paid guy we ever had. Good start.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If he passes for four hundred yards in a game but we settle for field goals because he isn’t good in the Redzone, is that a good QB? Or how about playing a top pass defense we run on them. Is it ok not to force passing for your stat agenda? How about if he’s a good passer but fails on the final drive by choking…is that your guy? Passes for 350 yards but keeps holding the ball and taking sacks? What if AJ and Smitty get injured, stat goals stay the same for the QB?

No I also said 30 TDs in the air was a criteria(if you;d read the post) Always going to extremes. What you say may happen ONE game,that doesn't mean you cant make the numbers on the other 16 games. if you want to be the best,you have to beat the best,but you are shooting for the bronze again

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Can’t hold him being behind our so called Franchise QB his rookie year against him. Learning curve just can’t be the same playing as in the bench. Plus that team stunk. Three games he got his rookie season. It was good though. He had to earn the job. Took it from the highest paid guy we ever had. Good start.

Noone gives a crap about the last 2 years,what matters is THIS YEAR

You still refuse to answer the question as to how much improvement you need to see

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We didn’t actually establish and have that identity early in the season. That’s when we played the good teams. Instead Siri admitted to his approach was win a shootout vs Dallas. But I definitely thought that was the obvious approach for our team last year. It took Jordan Howard against the Lions to show our coach the obvious.

See... we differ...I see it as ...then we played the Lions...and the Jets and the backup QBs... and then the playoffs came and then we couldn't just run.  Because that's when the good teams are the opponents.  

Now you can sit there and argue my point all you want.... but that's why I bring up October 2019...because this trend is an organizational trend...long before your boy Hurts.  It's what you don't understand, because you take everything as a criticism of Hurts.   

The Eagles beat teams like Detroit... the whole team...I'm not overjoyed with those type wins ...as a team. So I can't be excited just for Hurts either.  That's my point.   It can't be a great win for Hurts if it isn't for the other 52 guys.   

Let the entire team get a quality win ...then absolutely whoever the QB is they also get credit.

  • Author
15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No I also said 30 TDs in the air was a criteria(if you;d read the post) Always going to extremes. What you say may happen ONE game,that doesn't mean you cant make the numbers on the other 16 games. if you want to be the best,you have to beat the best,but you are shooting for the bronze again

Noone gives a crap about the last 2 years,what matters is THIS YEAR

You said Hurts had two years…this being his third 

  • Author
12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

See... we differ...I see it as ...then we played the Lions...and the Jets and the backup QBs... and then the playoffs came and then we couldn't just run.  Because that's when the good teams are the opponents.  

Now you can sit there and argue my point all you want.... but that's why I bring up October 2019...because this trend is an organizational trend...long before your boy Hurts.  It's what you don't understand, because you take everything as a criticism of Hurts.   

The Eagles beat teams like Detroit... the whole team...I'm not overjoyed with those type wins ...as a team. So I can't be excited just for Hurts either.  That's my point.   It can't be a great win for Hurts if it isn't for the other 52 guys.   

Let the entire team get a quality win ...then absolutely whoever the QB is they also get credit.

I don’t agree with all this. We should have been a dominant rushing team all along. But will agree and was alone complaining about how we were going downhill after our SB parade. All the way until rock bottom 2020. Now we are climbing back up. I see improvement and can agree with more of the decisions being made. Games in 2019 aren’t very relevant now. The organization did major changes. Lurie and Rosie the constant. But Rosie has been making a bit better decisions. Dug the hole deeper holding on through 2020. So wasn’t going to be a quick fix. The direction is up. I feel it. So us losing a game in 2019 is mostly irrelevant except for the lessons learned. Schedule is the schedule. It’s big boy football. No Northwest Idaho State teams you always play at home here. COVID had a major effect on things. Still probably will this season. Guys can’t play all the time over it. Weather happens. It’s still pro football. Just win baby! We got plenty of fortunate things happen during our SB season. But lost our QB1. That’s NFL football.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You said Hurts had two years…this being his third 

So once again,what is your criteria? If he passes for 200 yards and 2 TD's more than last year,do you pay him 130 million dollars?

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You said Hurts had two years…this being his third 

Yes last year was 1 year and this year is another year

  • Author

To me we hit the refresh button last season. New coaches, new starting QB….plenty of new young players. That’s what we’re working with now. 2019 how do those games really factor in to much of anything on 2022? A few lessons hopefully learned is about it. That and I think we still are paying a guy from his play that year.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So once again,what is your criteria? If he passes for 2000 yards and 2 TD's more than last year,do you pay him 130 million dollars?

Hard for me to envision anything he can do to get that payday. Pretty much has to make an MVP run.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To me we hit the refresh button last season. New coaches, new starting QB….plenty of new young players. That’s what we’re working with now. 2019 how do those games really factor in to much of anything on 2022? A few lessons hopefully learned is about it. That and I think we still are paying a guy from his play that year.

why do you keep bring up Wentz??? This has NOTHING to do with him,NOTHING. We spent money and draft capital to give Hurts EVERYTHING HE NEEDS. An "improvement" of 200 yards and 2 TD's over last year is NOT GOING to cut it

  • Author

So if that’s your question: make an MVP run is my answer. Higher bar than all of you.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

why do you keep bring up Wentz??? This has NOTHING to do with him,NOTHING. We spent money and draft capital to give Hurts EVERYTHING HE NEEDS. An "improvement" of 200 yards and 2 TD's over last year is NOT GOING to cut it

I didn’t bring up Wentz. I said I can’t see how 2019 is very relevant to this year.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hard for me to envision anything he can do to get that payday. Pretty much has to make an MVP run.

Well then that's what's needed. So there is your criteria. personally I don't care about MVP. I laid out what I need to see. No more excuses

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That and I think we still are paying a guy from his play that year.

So whom are you referring to then?

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So if that’s your question: make an MVP run is my answer. Higher bar than all of you.

I didn’t bring up Wentz. I said I can’t see how 2019 is very relevant to this year.

It's not,what is relevant is how this year projects out the next 4 years,because we have to make a QB decision

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Everybody keeps acting like our Oline was dominant all year. But that wasn’t the case. We got hit with injury losing both starting G. Lane head wasn’t right. The younger guys, especially Dickerson, weren’t nearly the pass blockers they were run blockers. Having backups come in also hurt the Oline chemistry. Assignments were blown as well as losing the one on one matchups. I saw(thought we all did) our Oline really thrive attacking defenders with a physical run block approach. Wear on them being aggressive. That helped setup the backwards pass blocking. It was a mentality thing as well as the physical endurable effect.

Yes saw that too... vs Detroit, the Jets...etc.

  • Author
16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well then that's what's needed. So there is your criteria. personally I don't care about MVP. I laid out what I need to see. No more excuses

So whom are you referring to then?

Malik Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We don’t have the most elite offense league history or anything. It’s just actually legit now. We were 12th scoring last year. So I expect top ten. Whatever your bar is for lighting up the scoreboard. But there is a key synergy in play….the defense. Against good teams the D didn’t get off the field. Allowed record setting QB completion percentages. Clearly the book was out on the D. So if our D improves it will assist the O. Even a bad offense will produce if the D constantly gets three and outs. Football is the ultimate team game…try and remember this.

Right...so I'm not worried about Hurts winning games ...vs bad teams or by throwing the ball 20 times.   I need to see him score a lot of points because that is what it will take for us to beat good teams.   And he may have to play from behind and catch up...not just get garbage stats.   

Take away the QB...  look at our offense,  

Start with OL....how many teams have as good of an OL.   What..5 or 8 maybe?

Then look at those teams... look at WR, how many of those teams with the OLs that you would say compare to ours, have Brown and Smith?

Then look at those remaining teams that had BOTH the OLs and the WR tandem and how many have a TE as good as Goedert?

We have adequate RBs, some say Sanders is elite. 

So yes, you put a good NFL QB with this offense,  he should excel.   It's a top offensive roster compared to the rest of the league...when taking out the QB.  Absolutely without question.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Malik Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey

Welp we will always be paying someone who's not playing,all teams do,so that is a weak argument.I will mention Wentz only because we failed to give him what we have given Hurts.it's not even close. That being said,this is now all on Hurts. We've given him probably the best offense in recent times. Adding Strong who could arguably become a #1 QB(still hard to believe we got him for nothing) means hurts has to produce now. Not the RB's, not the O line. HURTS. The PASSING Hurts. I'm not saying to avoid running the ball. We are good at it,but now we need to couple that with a passing attack teams can't stop

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.