Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

Joe - 2017 Defense led the league with QB Pressures with 226, 50 more than any other Defense. You couple that with our Safeties and you can hide the CB's to a degree. Fast forward to 2021 where we had 193 pressures in 17 games. We have no safeties but we have Clay! wow, that impresses me, NOT

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah...the QB made that offense click that year...and  I agree one stud CB isn't what works best.  But the lone wolf on this board disagrees with those 2 ideas.  Probably will be coaching issue if we don't win 14.

Lots of changes for us, I tend to remain skeptical until I see it on game day. If we go back to coming out flat with vanilla play calls and the "play 30" we aren't winning 14 games,or 12. I would like to see us come out swinging every first possession. besides players,Siri/Gannon need to have progressed as a coaches too

I will say that once we get another CB and 1-2 safeties, this defense has promise. We also need more Edge rushers and DT's to replace the older vets....

1 minute ago, stine said:

Joe - 2017 Defense led the league with QB Pressures with 226, 50 more than any other Defense. You couple that with our Safeties and you can hide the CB's to a degree. Fast forward to 2021 where we had 193 pressures in 17 games. We have no safeties but we have Clay! wow, that impresses me, NOT

Right....last year's team didn't impress me either...but then Detroit, Denver, Jets, and some 3rd string QBs showed up to play us.   And boom...9 wins. 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Right....last year's team didn't impress me either...but then Detroit, Denver, Jets, and some 3rd string QBs showed up to play us.   And boom...9 wins. 

Correct!  Plus how well will Cox and Graham play, yet one more year later?

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Correct!  Plus how well will Cox and Graham play, yet one more year later?

But I don't think any of those other teams improved enough to pass us....if we were legit ahead of them.  If Graham gave you nothing and Cox had the off year, will they be any worse this year?    See where I'm going. 

You can discuss all the little details all day... I'm just looking at the big picture.  You guys keep harping on we need this and that... I'm saying it's nothing new. It was there last year.  But we added ...a lot.  And if we were supposed to be better than a Minnesota for example...I don't think you can argue they improved significantly more than us...plus it's a home game for us. Dome team on grass.  

Wouldn't logically ( if you felt better about last years team as the starting point)  make you feel like that should be a win? 

12 minutes ago, stine said:

I will say that once we get another CB and 1-2 safeties, this defense has promise. We also need more Edge rushers and DT's to replace the older vets....

Your trepidation about this Eagles team ...and same with most of us...is because we don't think last year was really that solid 9 wins and being 7th out of the 16 teams in the NFC. 

If you felt solid about last year...our moves, the losses from other teams, and timing and location of the schedule ... you would feel confident in 12 wins minimal.  GB for instance... losing Adams is huge. Dallas lost a lot in FA ...Cooper, Wilson and a couple OL.  Plus some of their pass rush.  Tennessee losing Brown is huge, we play them late Henry could be worn out by then.    

The Saints i would think will be the team that improves the most.  Michael Thomas playing is a game changer.  Plus i think Winston is decent, certainly better than Siemion.

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Your trepidation about this Eagles team ...and same with most of us...is because we don't think last year was really that solid 9 wins and being 7th out of the 16 teams in the NFC. 

If you felt solid about last year...our moves, the losses from other teams, and timing and location of the schedule ... you would feel confident in 12 wins minimal.  GB for instance... losing Adams is huge. Dallas lost a lot in FA ...Cooper, Wilson and a couple OL.  Plus some of their pass rush.  Tennessee losing Brown is huge, we play them late Henry could be worn out by then.    

The Saints i would think will be the team that improves the most.  Michael Thomas playing is a game changer.  Plus i think Winston is decent, certainly better than Siemion.

  Does anyone really feel that we were a legit 9 win team last year? With the QB's we faced? Seriously? We do not know how the other teams will do. Where do the injuries happen for each Team. We were fortunate last year. I do not feel confidant.....I actually feel we beat New Orleans. But lose to Dallas twice and split with NY. Should beat Washington twice. GB, Indy, Tenn and Arizona are all losses. That is 7 right there.... Probably another 1-2 along the way....

1 hour ago, stine said:

  Does anyone really feel that we were a legit 9 win team last year? With the QB's we faced? Seriously? We do not know how the other teams will do. Where do the injuries happen for each Team. We were fortunate last year. I do not feel confidant.....I actually feel we beat New Orleans. But lose to Dallas twice and split with NY. Should beat Washington twice. GB, Indy, Tenn and Arizona are all losses. That is 7 right there.... Probably another 1-2 along the way....

I think we know who feels we were a legit 9 win team... came together like a band of brothers from WW2, explosive plays, 3rd down conversions, 8th most accurate passing...etc.    

I read an Eagles writer who broke down the games and came out 12-5.    Obviously that guy must feel like last year was absolutely legit.    Those people are out there for sure.   

I mean we filled in a lot of holes and improved.... was losing Nelson and McCloud that bad over their replacements compared to those gains?

image.png.05435af39d5f2e26e1bf30b313b97707.png

  • Author
8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Cheap win.Your bar is set so low. Very sad

Yep, NFL win. As cheap as it gets. I think they seed by quality victories. If a top Wr was missing it counts as only half a win.

  • Author
7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO the question is,what is the standard that is set for Hurts to become QB1? Wins?passing yards? They have to have criteria that needs met although we don't know what that is

I’ve been trying to explain this to you all. Being QB1 involves so many things. Not one metric tells the story.

  • Author
7 hours ago, stine said:

  We have Slay to cover one guy and no one on the other side. We also have Cox and Graham 5 years older and no Long or Curry. Our Pass rush was non existent last year so yes that is an issue. We had 29 sacks in 17 games vs 38 in 16 games in 2017. In 2017 We had Jenkins and McLeod Very solid safeties. Who do we have now?

We did add a NT to aid the pass rush

  • Author
7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right...who did we have last year.   The flaw is there....we probably weren't the legit 9 win team better than all those other teams. 

It’s a miracle those guys even made it out the tunnel. 

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right....amazes me it took so long.   But the rest of the stiff to me is logical.  I think we improved more than those other teams who finished with worse records in 2021.   I just don't think we were legit better in 2021, so they wouldn't really have to make up ground.   But if we were better, legit that is... then no reason we shouldn't have that 14 wins with all the other things I mentioned.   Look at the schedule advantages already...AZ no Hopkins, Pittsburgh off a bye... extra rest off a Thursday game at the right time.... GB ,Dallas and Tennessee all lost a #1 WR.  Dallas lost Wilson, GB lost Valdez Scantling on top of that.  Are late picks really going to impact in their rookie seasons that much?  

Really it's all set up.  Unless the foundation is BS.  

SB here we come

  • Author
7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

But I don't think any of those other teams improved enough to pass us....if we were legit ahead of them.  If Graham gave you nothing and Cox had the off year, will they be any worse this year?    See where I'm going. 

You can discuss all the little details all day... I'm just looking at the big picture.  You guys keep harping on we need this and that... I'm saying it's nothing new. It was there last year.  But we added ...a lot.  And if we were supposed to be better than a Minnesota for example...I don't think you can argue they improved significantly more than us...plus it's a home game for us. Dome team on grass.  

Wouldn't logically ( if you felt better about last years team as the starting point)  make you feel like that should be a win? 

How could we lose. All we did was beat crap teams with crap QBs with our crap team and crap QB

  • Author
7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right....last year's team didn't impress me either...but then Detroit, Denver, Jets, and some 3rd string QBs showed up to play us.   And boom...9 wins. 

Jameis Winston was all the difference. He’s headed for the Hall of Fame first ballot. Can’t believe TB was so stupid and dumped him for Tom Brady…those morons.Who was Washington starting QB again? Yep I don’t remember either.

  • Author
7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Lots of changes for us, I tend to remain skeptical until I see it on game day. If we go back to coming out flat with vanilla play calls and the "play 30" we aren't winning 14 games,or 12. I would like to see us come out swinging every first possession. besides players,Siri/Gannon need to have progressed as a coaches too

Finally. Gannon got what he wanted. Can he deliver? Where does Siri rank in Offensive minds? Hard to have a top five D or O with mediocre coaching.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I think we know who feels we were a legit 9 win team... came together like a band of brothers from WW2, explosive plays, 3rd down conversions, 8th most accurate passing...etc.    

I read an Eagles writer who broke down the games and came out 12-5.    Obviously that guy must feel like last year was absolutely legit.    Those people are out there for sure.   

I mean we filled in a lot of holes and improved.... was losing Nelson and McCloud that bad over their replacements compared to those gains?

Don’t forget Herbig

  • Author
7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right....amazes me it took so long.   But the rest of the stiff to me is logical.  I think we improved more than those other teams who finished with worse records in 2021.   I just don't think we were legit better in 2021, so they wouldn't really have to make up ground.   But if we were better, legit that is... then no reason we shouldn't have that 14 wins with all the other things I mentioned.   Look at the schedule advantages already...AZ no Hopkins, Pittsburgh off a bye... extra rest off a Thursday game at the right time.... GB ,Dallas and Tennessee all lost a #1 WR.  Dallas lost Wilson, GB lost Valdez Scantling on top of that.  Are late picks really going to impact in their rookie seasons that much?  

Really it's all set up.  Unless the foundation is BS.  

15 wins or we suck. Actually still suck if we don’t beat GB.

  • Author
7 hours ago, stine said:

Correct!  Plus how well will Cox and Graham play, yet one more year later?

Cox they might have to trade. Can you rely on him holding two gaps or doing things for others? He will get paid on plays in the backfield. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

15 wins or we suck. Actually still suck if we don’t beat GB.

Who do we lose to before the bye?

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep, NFL win. As cheap as it gets. I think they seed by quality victories. If a top Wr was missing it counts as only half a win.

It should

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve been trying to explain this to you all. Being QB1 involves so many things. Not one metric tells the story.

LMAO, so what is the criteria in your own mind for signing Hurts as our franchise QB and paying him big money for a long time? You know, including intangibles,the fact he is a nice guy and Brown is his buddy, taking all that in, where is your bar set? What would make you want him for the next 4-5 years?

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Finally. Gannon got what he wanted. Can he deliver? Where does Siri rank in Offensive minds? Hard to have a top five D or O with mediocre coaching.

Don’t forget Herbig

Gannon got what he wanted? No secondary help? Did he push hard for that?

  • Author
10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Who do we lose to before the bye?

Even the bye is tough….their starting Qb won’t be playing

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Even the bye is tough….their starting Qb won’t be playing

Well... we can see the BS when a question is refused to be answered.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.