Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Here’s the stark reality: Only four teams passed for fewer yards than the Eagles did in their last 11 games. Even as the Eagles went 7-4, Hurts averaged just 184.9 yards passing with eight touchdowns, five interceptions, 14 sacks, and an 85.9 QB rating. Hurts averaged a mere 25 pass attempts during that stretch. This wasn’t a matter of Steichen dusting off the old Justin Herbert playbook. This was Sirianni recognizing what kind of team the Eagles needed to be in order to win, and that such a team required him to be a head coach rather than a play-caller. 

You are using stats in a vacuum. If we have the lead and are punishing the opponent by having our Oline punch them in the mouth to victory….how much throwing do you need? Threw plenty in the losses. You preferred those games?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Brady has thrown six touchdowns of 35-plus yards in the postseason, the longest a 63-yard pass to Ben Watson in 2006. He threw two 60-plus yard touchdown passes to Branch (2005 and 2012)     Brady sucks

Hurts threw a 90plus yarder to Quez

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Who did we sign last year? Wilson and Harris. Should have cut both. Had nothing.

Dallas was going for it last year. We were digging out of the hole. They should have been a contender. But they suck at HC hire.

Why was Dallas digging out of a hole? They tagged Dak and paid him anyway after he had a serious injury.   Why not just pay him early?    They screwed their cap by waiting.

The Eagles have $52 mil of dead money...none of it is Wentz....but they still signed Reddick, giving Brown a huge contract and giving a bunch of one year expensive deals.     

Plus have Milton, Dean and two future picks because of trading Wentz after signing him early.    

Gotta sign your QB early...much easier to get out of a bad situation if needed...and much cheaper if he sticks. 

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO who said he was MY franchise guy? Putting words in my mouth to prove a point is stupid and it never happened. He(Hurts) "lit a fire" and went 1-3,WOW AMAZING STUFF!!! Just facts buddy

You need to take your comedy on the road. Wentz was out of Philly the moment he was benched,sorry you cant understand this LOL. Season was already gone and so were Wentz and ped. Hurts "inherited" the job,now we need to see him play well vs GOOD teams at FULL strength not the 50% ers he faced last year

He’s improved in most areas for this team. Clearly on the way up from that crap before he took over.

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If you think these stats will win a SB more power to you

Seen plenty of games where the winner didn’t need to pass much. You usually throw a bunch when behind. That’s what the stats usually tell you.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’s improved in most areas for this team. Clearly on the way up from that crap before he took over.

Will that get him a new big contract?  Improving from crap?   The crap is irrelevant now... it's allankut him with the excellent situation he is in now

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seen plenty of games where the winner didn’t need to pass much. You usually throw a bunch when behind. That’s what the stats usually tell you.

And then in those cases you don't need a good QB.    But we all know there will be games where you need to pass.

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You are using stats in a vacuum. If we have the lead and are punishing the opponent by having our Oline punch them in the mouth to victory….how much throwing do you need? Threw plenty in the losses. You preferred those games?

So the stats lie????

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts threw a 90plus yarder to Quez

Got a link to this ???? I'm talking air yards not 20 yard passes they break open LOL. Comical

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That is what I have read,the proof will be on the field not because of an article

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Will that get him a new big contract?  Improving from crap?   The crap is irrelevant now... it's allankut him with the excellent situation he is in now

Clearly shows the quality of player. Improving in the Redzone, sacks  and third down conversion rate are big.

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ahead behind 184 average is not going to win you a SB

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And then in those cases you don't need a good QB.    But we all know there will be games where you need to pass.

Of coarse. Why we need the playmaking weapons. Doesn’t have to be all QB. Get good playcalling to get guys open. Get guys that get open. Create YAC after that. The QB needs to do his job to distribute also obviously. Think we’ve been working on all these areas.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ahead behind 184 average is not going to win you a SB

Tell the Ravens that. Ray Lewis would disagree.

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

SO at 7-4(last 11 games) we didn't need to pass much? 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse. Why we need the playmaking weapons. Doesn’t have to be all QB. Get good playcalling to get guys open. Get guys that get open. Create YAC after that. The QB needs to do his job to distribute also obviously. Think we’ve been working on all these areas.

Tell the Ravens that. Ray Lewis would disagree.

So how many rings do they have the last 5 years?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Clearly shows the quality of player. Improving in the Redzone, sacks  and third down conversion rate are big.

TD/pick ratio was AWFUL(last 11 games) so he was throwing and getting picked,that accounts for the 184(only) yards passing 

Hurts averaged just 184.9 yards passing with eight touchdowns, five interceptions, 14 sacks

IDK Ham,this sounds fine to you???(last 11 games) and this was vs 50% ers. Gonna need to pick that up quite a bit. You ASSUME he will improve and I need to SEE it on the field. I don't see how he can AVOID being better with all we gave him

BTW PFF has us ranked as one of the TOP WR corps in the league. Now we need Hurts to deliver. I hope he CAN

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO at 7-4(last 11 games) we didn't need to pass much? 

So how many rings do they have the last 5 years?

We won one with Nick Foles. Is that your franchise guy? He’s been available.

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK Ham,this sounds fine to you???(last 11 games) and this was vs 50% ers. Gonna need to pick that up quite a bit. You ASSUME he will improve and I need to SEE it on the field. I don't see how he can AVOID being better with all we gave him

Yeah, Quez I’d developing. Smitty second year. Brought in AJ. Got the Ertz distraction out so Goedert can run with it. Definitely going to improve. Why can’t you see that wasn’t all QB issues? He needs to get better also. But you hammering a guy that’s played one season. One freaking season!

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW PFF has us ranked as one of the TOP WR corps in the league. Now we need Hurts to deliver. I hope he CAN

I think we still need to keep our physical identity. But Hurts brought AJ over. So he’s the one to thank. Should bring results.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We won one with Nick Foles. Is that your franchise guy? He’s been available.

Wentz got us there,so no. Neither is here so that is pointless

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, Quez I’d developing. Smitty second year. Brought in AJ. Got the Ertz distraction out so Goedert can run with it. Definitely going to improve. Why can’t you see that wasn’t all QB issues? He needs to get better also. But you hammering a guy that’s played one season. One freaking season!

Doesn't matter what I think it's what the FO thinks and what goals they have for Hurts to attain

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I'm still waiting for the link to Hurts 90 yard pass

Wentz got us there,so no. Neither is here so that is pointless

You said what it would take to win a SB. Getting hurt weeks before the playoffs surely is worse than passing fir 180 yards

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You said what it would take to win a SB. Getting hurt weeks before the playoffs surely is worse than passing fir 180 yards

What does this have to do with Hurts low bar you set???? BTW Foles averaged 250 yards per game as a BACK UP

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/carson-wentz-yards-per-game     Wentz 239 average, Foles 250 average as a BACK UP, Hurts 184. IDK what else to say if you can't read stat lines, and Hurts 184 came against beat up/weak teams last year. So I'm not talking about this again, the facts are right in your face, yet you ignore them. That is your choice, but I'm done trying to explain them to you

Archived