Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Went from a team you were rooting for to lose to buying your SB tickets in June

If everything goes well why can't we make a run at it? I'm not buying tickets yet,so once again putting words in my mouth. No excuses now

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You must click on every Power Ranking article also

It's my power ranking... who is our RG.  So my question...which OL do you have better than ours?    That's the question when looking at rankings. 

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep, went all the way from you saying all we beat was high school teams last year

We did,but didn't we make improvements this off season? We starting the same guys as last year?

SO why isn't Jurgens signed yet,is there an issue???

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We are the top Oline in the league. Who’s our RG? Dickerson been injury plagued every season. So confident he’s so durable all the sudden? What about Lane? Will his head ever get straight again? Kelce is such a spring chicken….

Let’s just break this down by each question.

RG- seems pretty easy to say Semaulo dude was good when he played at LG sure got hurt last year but doesn’t undermine the fact he is a good player. 
Dickerson- man has 1 NFL season. Took over week 3 for the injured Semaulo. Proceeded to start every game minus one game because of Covid. 
Lane- still one of the best T in football. Like really his head issues lmao where was this for Brandon Brooks don’t ever recall you questioning Brooks mental issues when he played for us now it’s a huge thing for Lane???? Yes Brooks missed games because of it as well. 
Kelce- can you name 5 C better then him how about 3. Like come on. 

Fact is Eagles have one of If not the best C, one of if not the best RT, top 15 LT(probably go as high as top 10), Then two very good Gs. And this doesn’t even talk about depth behind them. 
Not sure I can name a better OL group then the Eagles 

Hell even if you don’t want to call our OL group the best say they are top 5 at the end of the day the OL isn’t the problem with this team isn’t going to be an excuse 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Who’s our RG

Seumalo I would guess gets the start.

Mailata,Dickerson,Kelce,Seu,Lane

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Let’s just break this down by each question.

RG- seems pretty easy to say Semaulo dude was good when he played at LG sure got hurt last year but doesn’t undermine the fact he is a good player. 
Dickerson- man has 1 NFL season. Took over week 3 for the injured Semaulo. Proceeded to start every game minus one game because of Covid. 
Lane- still one of the best T in football. Like really his head issues lmao where was this for Brandon Brooks don’t ever recall you questioning Brooks mental issues when he played for us now it’s a huge thing for Lane???? Yes Brooks missed games because of it as well. 
Kelce- can you name 5 C better then him how about 3. Like come on. 

Fact is Eagles have one of If not the best C, one of if not the best RT, top 15 LT(probably go as high as top 10), Then two very good Gs. And this doesn’t even talk about depth behind them. 
Not sure I can name a better OL group then the Eagles 

Seumalo, the guy that couldn’t beat out career mediocre Wis. at least The Bodyguard blamed Wis for his injury pushing Seumalo into the starting role. Nobody ever said anything much great about Seumalo. With ALL Pros across the whole Oline he was serviceable has been his best quality. This greatest Oline in the league touting Seumalo who’s missed 21 of the last 33 games.

Dickerson has been injured every season of college and the pros. But this year will be different why?

Kelce…the guy has been contemplating retiring for how many seasons now?

Lane is a major question mark on his commitment to the game anymore. He has the potential to be the best RT. Or he could completely quit the game. Coin flip…toss up…call it in the air.

All Pro Brooks retired. Herbig that played a bunch for us is gone.

I could see Seumalo getting cut. Lane walking away from the game. Clearly Kelce last season. Dickerson could continue his same path of every season getting injured. Mailata is the most reliable and best Oline option for us. We have solid depth. It’s a good Oline. I don’t take much stock in these Power Ranking click bait articles you guys are being mesmerized by. 

Offensive Line Stats: Chris Lindstrom, Justin Pugh, and Vaitai Halapoulivaati are the only guards (min. 700 snaps) that didn’t allow a sack this season

Offensive Line Stats: Top 5 centers in pressures allowed percentage (min. 700 snaps) - Rodney Hudson (0.83%), Creed Humphrey (1.24%), Corey Linsley (1.38%), Erik McCoy (1.62%), J.C. Tretter (1.70%)

I’ve just watched this team for way too many seasons. Seems like when everybody gets these super high expectations in the summer on paper nothing signals disappointment more. Making the leap from overachieving squad that sneaks into the playoffs and SB champion is a very huge gap not to be underestimated. How many times have I watched teams that thought they could win it all….not. Only to still need to add a Deion Sanders to get them over the hump.

The Giants had the Chiefs dead in the water for a huge upset. Chiefs pulled it out still. Jags dominated the Colts in a must win scenario for Indy. Just being realistic that we aren’t unbeatable any given week. It’s the NFL ….any given Sunday. All these guys are professional. Our players and coaches aren’t that seasoned and perfect. To think we will win every game you expect us to be favored in just isn’t realistic. We are molding a new defense. Assume DCs will study all this film they have on our O now. These guys are the best of the best. They will find ways to give us problems. The key is ….can we adjust….can we adapt and overcome? These are bumps in the road that I expect. Could be crippling. But to think we will just cruise through the season is a joke. We aren’t some far superior team to everybody. The margin to victory in the NFL is inches.

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dickerson has been injured every season of college and the pros. But this year will be different why?

Ummmm he came in hurt from college he came to the pros got healthy and started every game after Semaulo. Minus a game he had to miss because of COVID. What injury in the pros are you speaking of?????? 

Kelce…the guy has been contemplating retiring for how many seasons now?

Has his play fallen off???? 

Lane is a major question mark on his commitment to the game anymore. He has the potential to be the best RT. Or he could completely quit the game. Coin flip…toss up…call it in the air.

You just make crap up in your head that fits your narrative it’s sad 

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO why isn't Jurgens signed yet,is there an issue???

Our OL is so good....the best... he is insecure about getting a spot. 

7 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hell even if you don’t want to call our OL group the best say they are top 5 at the end of the day the OL isn’t the problem with this team isn’t going to be an excuse 

Ok... so I know you realize our OL is a good one... but for argument sake.... which OL would you put in front of them?

All Pro Brooks retired. Herbig that played a bunch for us is gone.

Which OL is better?    

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve just watched this team for way too many seasons. Seems like when everybody gets these super high expectations in the summer on paper nothing signals disappointment more. Making the leap from overachieving squad that sneaks into the playoffs and SB champion is a very huge gap not to be underestimated. How many times have I watched teams that thought they could win it all….not. Only to still need to add a Deion Sanders to get them over the hump.

Oh my expectations aren't that high... because I doubt the QB.   But it's easy to see why all these guys in the media that love Hurts have us with a very successful season.... because Hurts has absolutely everything to work with.

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Ummmm he came in hurt from college he came to the pros got healthy and started every game after Semaulo. Minus a game he had to miss because of COVID. What injury in the pros are you speaking of?????? 

Has his play fallen off???? 

He wasn’t ready to go week one(Dickerson). He actually came in for Brooks first. But you have to admit his durability is a legit concern. Tough kid that seems used to playing through bumps and bruises. I’m just being real that has been the major concern about him. Clearly a first rounder otherwise. So his durability knocked him down the boards that far. 
  COVID is unfortunately still very real concern. One bad test result can cost anybody playing in a week. I don’t see this going away this season.

Kelce….yeah. I think his PLAY has fallen off honestly. But he’s stacked with intangibles that offset this. Been a miracle the way the guy seems to play each week. He always struggled with size issues. He really never has been able to power the massive nose or DT backwards. Engage or work the double he can do. TB really showcased his weakness. A guy like Vita Vea is just a terrible matchup for him. Vea is just bigger stronger and even quicker. Think he’s still fine with the majority of matchups. At least can hold his own. But when you talk playoffs and the elite teams…..those are his matchup problems. Rams, Niners and Bucs….Kelce won’t and isn’t an elite level C in those matchups. Actually more of a liability. Love the guy. Not trying to bag on him. But that’s what these elite NFC teams have and do. They have the best beast DT. He can get out and pull with the best of them. But you have to even question that facet of his game at this point in his career. I expect this is his final season. 

17 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You just make crap up in your head that fits your narrative it’s sad 

It happened last season. He’s had a few other lapses. I want him to be hyper focused and spend this offseason and season as focused as Hurts. Think he will dominate if that’s the case. Do feel it’s fair to question though. If we are being real and not just fanboys here.

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ok... so I know you realize our OL is a good one... but for argument sake.... which OL would you put in front of them?

Which OL is better?    

Do you feel Kelce and whoever you are overconfident about at RG will dominate the elite teams of the NFC? Isn’t this what you’ve been harping on? Beating those guys. Kinlaw and Armstead in Santa Clara? Who would be favored in that matchup? Aaron Donald? Vea clearly showed what a problem he is for us. You talk about beating the good teams. Apply it here. It’s an issue against the elite teams in conference.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Do you feel Kelce and whoever you are overconfident about at RG will dominate the elite teams of the NFC? Isn’t this what you’ve been harping on? Beating those guys. Kinlaw and Armstead in Santa Clara? Who would be favored in that matchup? Aaron Donald? Vea clearly showed what a problem he is for us. You talk about beating the good teams. Apply it here. It’s an issue against the elite teams in conference.

As per usual...  I have to ask a simple question at least 3 times.     

When ranking... you compare one thing to another within the specific group... ie. Eagles OL to the other 31 OLs in the NFL.

Which teams in your opinion have a better OL.      Not a hard concept here.

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Oh my expectations aren't that high... because I doubt the QB.   But it's easy to see why all these guys in the media that love Hurts have us with a very successful season.... because Hurts has absolutely everything to work with.

So elaborate here. You think we are the most talented team in the league other than QB? What do you doubt about Hurts? Does he have to be the best player on the team and carry the offense? Does he have to be an elite QB going for league MVP? Or do you doubt he can be a solid starter that lets the playmakers make the plays? If your expectations aren’t that he needs to be ARod level of player…I call realistic. Then you doubt his leadership? That guys won’t play for him and give their all. He don’t bring out the best in his teammates. Or do you think big games are too much for him. That he’ll fold in the big moments. That on third downs he shrinks? That he blows it in the Redzone?

I'm not a particularly tall guy... just a hair under 5'10".   But I have been the tallest person in my house since I was about 13.   

I rank 1st...  that's how rankings work.   

You can poke holes in the Eagles OL... but the simple question is, which OL would you put ahead of the Eagles?

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

As per usual...  I have to ask a simple question at least 3 times.     

When ranking... you compare one thing to another within the specific group... ie. Eagles OL to the other 31 OLs in the NFL.

Which teams in your opinion have a better OL.      Not a hard concept here.

I think we should be good and strong along the Oline. Think I very specifically detailed areas of concern though.

Archived