Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Did Aaron Donald’s contract kill any chance we have at a new contract for Hargrave? 21 mil a season is the top paid DT after Donald. His 31 mil really changes the market. Donald is arguably the best player in the league right now…don’t even think many would argue. So what would Hargrave be looking for? Really hard for me to even guess at this one. Cox is in his last year of his contract also. Could be the trickiest decisions to make.

I never saw Hargrave as a guy we keep past his current contract.  Certainly Donald wouldn't change anything for me,  hope the Eagles don't view Hargrave as a top DT. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong WR group. Quality TE. Same guys ranked our RB room as bottom third. But yes, I think we crash and burn if relying on Shew for more than one game over a bad team. 

Yeah...we would crash and burn down to 8 or 9 wins maybe.  Idk,  this is by far the best roster Minshew has had, so no reason to think we wouldn't win the division either.   

Man am I looking forward to this elite WR group... it's been enough garbage and mediocrity for decades for us fans there... will be great having the elite passing game.

Shew is better on the move than Foles. So behind a good Oline I’d prefer Foles over Shew. Behind Jags Oline Shew was more effective. Foles has that long wind up delivery. I’ve referred to it as a glacial release.

Similar to here in 2020.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Great breakdown and look at Kyron Johnson. He’s the forgotten LB at this point. Can’t hardly envision a way for him on the field on defense. But he really is a player that’s easy to get excited about. Fast guy that played DE in college. So he’s a rush backer I’d assume for Gannon. Guy plays with some good nastiness. Great speed. Almost seems like his biggest weakness is overrunning because if his speed. But that speed creates problems for blockers. He’s tough to get hold of. But also he uses that full head of steam to convert into power. I’d like to see him be developed as a rush backer. But he’s way back in the options of pass rushers. He’ll make the team on ST.

Nice to have great depth on the roster at pass rusher.    Man this team looks good in so many areas.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Say the same about Sanders. Many doubted his pass catching ability also. He showed the ability there his rookie season. It’s a put it all together season for Sanders in his contract season. Love guys in these situations usually though. They are highly motivated to work their butts off all offseason. They will usually play through injury much more. The guy has amazing ability…..can he be the engine of this offense?

Yeah...like the QB...no more excuses, it's all there for him

How many completions is A.J. Brown worth over Jalen Reagor? Think about the math. Let’s say Brown catches – conservatively – one pass per game that Reagor wouldn’t have caught. That’s 17 passes over an entire season. Just like that, those 17 extra completions turn Jalen Hurts from a 61.2 percent passer to a 65.3 percent passer. One more completion per game and Hurts has the 2nd-highest completion percentage in franchise history. You want a more accurate passer? Get him a more talented receiver.

Roob made this point. Just how little things can change perceptions big time. Moving from the draft bust of Reagor to AJ will magically change how any QB and offense is perceived.

Absolutely....again fits the theme....no excuses now, time to perform.

Yardabarker has our WR room ranked 14th

Probably looking at the effect from their QB.

Funny, PFF and others have our WR's ranked 4th

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Funny, PFF and others have our WR's ranked 4th

We have talented WRs it’s now up to the QB to maximize them.

Also is it just WRs they have ranked 4th or is it all the skill positions? 

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not hard tossing 4 yard passes

Most explosive plays in the league

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I never saw Hargrave as a guy we keep past his current contract.  Certainly Donald wouldn't change anything for me,  hope the Eagles don't view Hargrave as a top DT. 

Seems like we should be playing Hargrave and Cox off one another. Not keeping both for sure.

Yeah...like the QB...no more excuses, it's all there for him

I turn towards the coaches first. They had some serious growing pains their first season. We got Gannon his guys now. No more giving up record completion percentages. Don’t care which QB it is. They did make some plays. I definitely expect more of those. Siri kind of the hard working personal coach….middling. I’ve never been much of a fan of Steichen. Is he good enough in the big games? ST had a meltdown in the playoffs. A repeat of that and that coach gets axed.

Probably looking at the effect from their QB.

Well WR room doesn’t include Goedert like some are. It’s very tight though. 

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wonder id Devon Allen makes the 53

No chance

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Most explosive plays in the league

"panic plays". I don't want to see those anymore

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038033-eagles-rumors-latest-buzz-players-to-watch-from-otas   Once Dean gets settled in,watch out,he will reek havoc-BEAST. As far as WR's,I like the fact that we can put different looks on the field with the different personnel. Rotating Quez,Pascal and Reagor will force teams to make adjustments. Maybe we can exploit teams this way. Also gives all 3 playing time to keep the rust off in the event one of our "stars" goes down. This should be a fun team to watch(for a change). Anxious to see the new defense and how that functions. If Dean can play and White is on the field also we're going to disrupt many QB's. I hope to see a bit more blitzing then usual because now we have the guys to do it

Could be risky, but I am seriously thinking of making the Eagles my #1 defense in fantasy. I believe they will gel and be one of the top D's in the league

10 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We have talented WRs it’s now up to the QB to maximize them.

Also is it just WRs they have ranked 4th or is it all the skill positions? 

WRs

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I turn towards the coaches first. They had some serious growing pains their first season. We got Gannon his guys now. No more giving up record completion percentages. Don’t care which QB it is. They did make some plays. I definitely expect more of those. Siri kind of the hard working personal coach….middling. I’ve never been much of a fan of Steichen. Is he good enough in the big games? ST had a meltdown in the playoffs. A repeat of that and that coach gets axed.

Right.... credit = QB..  but blame = coaches.

" 2 years ago it was a mess...   we blame old QB, and give new QB credit ... because the agenda is we like the old coach and new QB.

Flip it to 2016-17....   we give the coach credit because we didn't like the coach who was before him.

Things go South.... hard for me to think Lurie/ Howie change coaches before they change their QB.     They are the decision makers. 

Don't understand the talk about Hargrave. Ranked top 10 "disruptor" last yr and Cox may be in his last yr.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

"panic plays". I don't want to see those anymore

Big plays

Sen,your fantasy invite was sent. LMK if you have any issues

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Big plays

Panic plays vs 50% ers lol. Not gonna cut it this year. Panic plays vs 3rd stringers=big plays

My FL Everblades(minor league) won the title and my Bolts are in the cup finals vs Colorado,so I have something to do for a week lol

Archived