Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I think we should be good and strong along the Oline. Think I very specifically detailed areas of concern though.

5th time...  which OL do you think is better than the Eagles.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Mas you constantly have harped on beating the top teams. That’s all that really matters to you. So you think our Oline guys dominate those DLines of the elite teams of the NFC?

I think it’s an area of weakness against the top tier teams in the NFC. Don’t think Kelce pushes any of those guys backwards. Don’t even know who the RG is. But consider it a problem versus Donald, Vea and Armstead ….without a doubt.

The 1996 Bulls...  I can poke some holes in their team... they didn't have a prototypical point guard... center wasn't really that great and their power forward didn't score.    

They did pretty well winning 70 out of 82 games and a championship.  They were tops in the NBA that year. That's all that mattered.

Same when talking about the Eagles OL.  Which team has a better 5 and or better depth.   That's what we compare.  That's it. 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

5th time...  which OL do you think is better than the Eagles.

Some sites had us as the third best Oline in division last season. It’s very tiny differences that make the difference. Just like the WR room. 4th to 14th we’ve been ranked. I’m very high on our team. Optimistic. Think we have good depth players is what I consider our big advantage. Driscoll, Opeta and such can get the job done. But if all the matters is beating the elite teams in conference….it’s a problem. Our Oline isn’t dominating those guys.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas you constantly have harped on beating the top teams. That’s all that really matters to you. So you think our Oline guys dominate those DLines of the elite teams of the NFC?

6th time... which team has a better OL?

This is when you try to have a conversation with a dude that's out in left field.    Stick to the topic. The topic, " the Eagles have the top ranked OL"  the Only way to argue that is simply to say who you think is better....the rest of the words in your post are irrelevant.   To not be the best means that someone else is better... so who is it?

Some sites had us as the third best Oline in division last season. It’s very tiny differences that make the difference. Just like the WR room. 4th to 14th we’ve been ranked. I’m very high on our team. Optimistic. Think we have good depth players is what I consider our big advantage. Driscoll, Opeta and such can get the job done. But if all the matters is beating the elite teams in conference….it’s a problem. Our Oline isn’t dominating those guys.

How many times does this question need to be asked before it's answered?

The 1996 Bulls...  I can poke some holes in their team... they didn't have a prototypical point guard... center wasn't really that great and their power forward didn't score.    

They did pretty well winning 70 out of 82 games and a championship.  They were tops in the NBA that year. That's all that mattered.

Same when talking about the Eagles OL.  Which team has a better 5 and or better depth.   That's what we compare.  That's it. 

No it’s not all we do and compare. The Bulls setup a team to beat Detroit. Have a team to beat the elite opponents you have to take out. Is our Oline favored against the elite teams of the NFC? Will they dominate the guys we have to beat to be the best and get to the big game. Like you harped on for the last year. 

6th time... which team has a better OL?

This is when you try to have a conversation with a dude that's out in left field.    Stick to the topic. The topic, " the Eagles have the top ranked OL"  the Only way to argue that is simply to say who you think is better....the rest of the words in your post are irrelevant.   To not be the best means that someone else is better... so who is it?

How many times does this question need to be asked before it's answered?

Exactly, keep asking if you think our Oline dominates the elite DLines of the NFC? How many times? 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No it’s not all we do and compare. The Bulls setup a team to beat Detroit. Have a team to beat the elite opponents you have to take out. Is our Oline favored against the elite teams of the NFC? Will they dominate the guys we have to beat to be the best and get to the big game. Like you harped on for the last year. 

The OL was ranked 1... they are the best OL.   No other OL is as good as them.   

I think we have a very strong Oline. Brought up question marks across our starters though. Legit concerns. We aren’t talking Kelce of 2015. This is strictly 2022. Even 2015 Kelce would struggle versus Donald, Vea and Armstead. RG is a weakness. Don’t care who wins the job. They aren’t holding up against the best. So time for your argument coming back on you. If it’s about beating the top teams. We have problems. Wouldn’t consider our Oline versus those DLines in our favor.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly, keep asking if you think our Oline dominates the elite DLines of the NFC? How many times? 

Which OL do you think dominates the elit DLs of the NFC...  if you say a team name....then you should have mentioned those same teams when asked the question before.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think we have a very strong Oline. Brought up question marks across our starters though. Legit concerns. We aren’t talking Kelce of 2015. This is strictly 2022. Even 2015 Kelce would struggle versus Donald, Vea and Armstead. RG is a weakness. Don’t care who wins the job. They aren’t holding up against the best. So time for your argument coming back on you. If it’s about beating the top teams. We have problems. Wouldn’t consider our Oline versus those DLines in our favor.

It's about if your OL is better than the other 31 OLs.    Simple.  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The OL was ranked 1... they are the best OL.   No other OL is as good as them.   

Cowboys and Redskins had better ranked Oline by some last season. Cowboys added a top pick T to that.

Which OL would you prefer to have when playing the elite DLs in the NFC?

Cowboys and Redskins had better ranked Oline by some last season. Cowboys added a top pick T to that.

So you would prefer to have the Dallas or Washington OLs.   You could have just said that earlier correct?

Which OL do you think dominates the elit DLs of the NFC...  if you say a team name....then you should have mentioned those same teams when asked the question before.

It's about if your OL is better than the other 31 OLs.    Simple.  

Why? Oline don’t play other Olines. All you ever harp on is beating the good teams. Well the good teams of the NFC….I’d give the matchup of their Dline versus our Oline to them. Dickerson was learning and growing. Getting him and Mailata along with whomever at RG run blocking played to their strength. Lane can be completely dominant run blocking. So are we talking power rushing? We talking finesse rushing? Screen game blocking? Pass blocking? Three step? Or five step deeper longer developing?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why? Oline don’t play other Olines. All you ever harp on is beating the good teams. Well the good teams of the NFC….I’d give the matchup of their Dline versus our Oline to them. Dickerson was learning and growing. Getting him and Mailata along with whomever at RG run blocking played to their strength. Lane can be completely dominant run blocking. So are we talking power rushing? We talking finesse rushing? Screen game blocking? Pass blocking? Three step? Or five step deeper longer developing?

Do QBs play other QBs? Do CBs cover other CBs?   How about WRs?

So you don't have any rankings amongst any football positions?  Because they don't play against each other?

So when you say Sanders is a top talent...what are you using as a reference?  Is it other RBs?

What makes Deebo a good WR...what is the frame of reference....can't be other WRs because they don't play against each other?

So you would prefer to have the Dallas or Washington OLs.   You could have just said that earlier correct?

The optimistic side of me wants to say we are the best. But the realistic side has plenty if questions. Dickerson dealing with a pleathora of injuries thoughout college doesn’t concern you? Or even factor in. Lane has another PED violation and is gone. He really struggled with things last year. Can he focus and be at his best? Just seems like this is the retirement tour for Kelce. What are realistic expectations for him in 2022? Think his intangibles are his greatest asset left. He’s smart crafty and plays nasty. But even HOF guys can’t beat Father Time. Thought he was still a top ten C last season. But let’s not get trapped in thinking he’s at his best this final season. The intangibles bringing guys up, showing grit and professionalism along with calling out the blocking assignment based on D look are his strength now. Can him and whomever takes on RG even double the elite teams DTs and win? That’s a real issue. If we commit him and another and they get beat we have serious problems. Donald, Vea and Armstead eat double teams up every week. Just think these are all legit concerns. Not the rosey on paper champion in June Oline Champion thoughts. The real…can they win or dominate versus the top teams we need to get through. Find me anybody that tells you we have the advantage there.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Do QBs play other QBs? Do CBs cover other CBs?   How about WRs?

So you don't have any rankings amongst any football positions?  Because they don't play against each other?

Like I said, I have no desire for Power Ranking click bait the media pushes to justify their jobs. All crap to me. Just like every Joe Schmoe Mock Draft. Totally meaningless to me.

I believe it’s a matchup based league. A team could have a bad record but doesn’t mean they don’t matchup well with you. All that really matters is that week. You want to win in the playoffs. All you’ve harped on for a year is beating the good teams. Does our Oline dominate the elite teams DLines in conference? Isn’t that all that really matters? Or is it that our LT didn’t give up a sack versus the third string pass rusher one week? Are you riding into Santa Clara expecting we have a favorable matchup against Bosa because somebody ranked our Oline number one? 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like I said, I have no desire for Power Ranking click bait the media pushes to justify their jobs. All crap to me. Just like every Joe Schmoe Mock Draft. Totally meaningless to me.

Sure...meaningless when it's showing that everything around the QB1 is good...raises expectations and you can't have that right?

Remember your idea ( we have to be the best team and get home field advantage)  now your bar is low.    How long before it gets raised?  Just curious... at what point will Hurts have to perform with a team around him like he has now?   

Like I said also…get specific. You seem to really dig out our passing game. Expect it to become elite. So you think our Oline is made up of elite pass blockers for 2022? Dickerson is elite going backwards all the sudden. Kelce in his final season is still the best? Mystery RG will dominate? Mailata with all his experience doesn’t get a flaw or two exposed now that tape is out on him? Lane shuts down Bosa no questions asked?

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like I said also…get specific. You seem to really dig out our passing game. Expect it to become elite. So you think our Oline is made up of elite pass blockers for 2022? Dickerson is elite going backwards all the sudden. Kelce in his final season is still the best? Mystery RG will dominate? Mailata with all his experience doesn’t get a flaw or two exposed now that tape is out on him? Lane shuts down Bosa no questions asked?

No I don't because I don't think the QB is a good passer.  Everything else is there for an elite passing game...but the passer.    If he steps up... then no reason for it not to be elite. 

Sure...meaningless when it's showing that everything around the QB1 is good...raises expectations and you can't have that right?

Remember your idea ( we have to be the best team and get home field advantage)  now your bar is low.    How long before it gets raised?  Just curious... at what point will Hurts have to perform with a team around him like he has now?   

Expectations clearly have been raised. Hurts has to read the D and pass better. Pointed out how his footwork and mechanics were flawed. Think those are fixable. Love that he went to House. Exactly what he needed. Don’t think everything was magically fixed in a few weeks. Also worry under pressure guys revert to old ways. Don’t take much out of OTA news. But you clearly hear the difference in these specific areas. Saw the one picture of Hurts that actually spoke plenty to me. His throwing motion was higher with the release. House is good. Do think Jalen has some of these just fundamental flaws. 
  In short, I think Hurts has to improve clearly. He hasn’t done enough for me to commit without looking for other options. I would have traded for Watson. Not a Boy Scout and missing some of the intangibles. But Watson is a leader and players know he will deliver. Think Watson is a potential top five guy. I wouldn’t sign Hurts for 50 mil a season at this point. Maybe never. My bar isn’t whether he can be ARod. He’s almost the opposite of him, ARod is the arrogant aloof stud QB that carries his team with ability. Guys believe in ARod. Know he’ll deliver in the clutch. But they more put up with him because if this. ARod killed many a WR because he threw them in the doghouse. ARod has been a problem for their team also. He’s butted heads with not just WR…but coaches and GMs. Bigger than everybody. Now was he right that McCarthy was a moron holding them back? I think so. Do I think ARod ran him out of town at expense of the season? Yes. Has he dusted up with the GM plenty? Yes. He worked his power with out restraint. Sometimes I agree with him. Like drafting Love probably cost them two SB. Hard to think they were that close the last few seasons and that first rounder contributing wouldn’t have made the difference. But this all creates a difficult work environment. Think he’s isolated. Guys more fear him than play for him.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

No I don't because I don't think the QB is a good passer.  Everything else is there for an elite passing game...but the passer.    If he steps up... then no reason for it not to be elite. 

Elite doing what? Blowing Vea and Armstead back? Keeping Donald in check? Like I’ve been saying: we turned to the physical run game last season. It was mostly for the Oline. They excel at this. But against TB we can’t physically dominate them. So you think we are elite passing versus Donald and Ramsey? We are favored in those matchups? 

Archived