Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Clearly. Just no doubt the whole team was behind him.

Right...no excuses now, except if he can't see the field and throw.   Everyone loves the dude... he checks all the boxes.... so what is left to question?  Only those 2 things.   

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You are using stats in a vacuum. If we have the lead and are punishing the opponent by having our Oline punch them in the mouth to victory….how much throwing do you need? Threw plenty in the losses. You preferred those games?

Correct... i keep telling GB... vs the bad teams you can just run the ball.  You need your QB to pass in order to beat the good teams.   That's what we want to see this year.  Something we haven't seen in 3 years...  goes beyond Hurts , Siri and the current group.... goes all the way back to Doug and Wentz too.   Really a reflection on Howie and the front office mostly for not having the roster to compete vs the good teams.   

Now we all agree the roster is a good one compared to the other 32 teams..we should be able to beat some 9 win teams now,even if their starting QB is playing.   Time to show it baby... playoffs and home win this year no doubt!  But how far after the divisional round can we advance?  That is the question.

" yeah but 2 years ago the team was in such a mess"  

Correct,  Travis Fulgham was your best WR... now it's Smith on year 2 and pro bowler AJ Brown.   OL was in shambles... now look at it.  The owner is ok with running the ball now.  So much has changed with the main thing being the roster.    The roster should reflect the record.   The 2022 roster , not the 2020 roster.  But kudos to Howie and the front office.... they get the blame for 2020 ..they get the credit for 2022.    Now it's just time for the better players we have now to deliver.

We just gotta deal with the hand that’s dealt us….referring to the schedule. If ARod is out versus us….it is what it is. Just go week by week and find a way to victory. Not trying to solve any ghosts of seasons past. All about the 2022 squad. Let’s see what we got!

Goal for this season is win the division. Get that home field advantage and hopefully a manageable first round opponent in the postseason. It seems achievable. Then I started thinking about how this is all on paper in June. Injuries are a part of the game unfortunately. So how would this squad do if our QB1 went down for the season in TC? I believe it would drastically alter everything. I see us only being a four win team without Hurts. As much as many like to bag on him….our season is completely lost if he goes down.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Goal for this season is win the division. Get that home field advantage and hopefully a manageable first round opponent in the postseason. It seems achievable. Then I started thinking about how this is all on paper in June. Injuries are a part of the game unfortunately. So how would this squad do if our QB1 went down for the season in TC? I believe it would drastically alter everything. I see us only being a four win team without Hurts. As much as many like to bag on him….our season is completely lost if he goes down.

Yeah, I think you won't get much support on this one.  You telling me that Nick Foles couldn't win 5 games with this Eagles team and this schedule?   We have a guy that beat him out of his job in Minshew.  Sorry dude...this roster is too good for that,  but it's your obvious agenda trying to make it seem Hurts has a garbage roster and is the only reason for why this team would win.    Seriously you have issues here...  a psychiatrist might help.

Eagles have the 4th ranked WR group.  Among the elite first tier.   

This elite group of WRs will be something new for us.  Will be fun to watch. Their young too,so it looks like we should be able to pass the ball really well these next few seasons.   

Imagine if White works out and we resign him.... that along with Reddick and Dean could have us set up at LB for a while. 

Imagine an Eagles team being set at WR and LB?    Like the twilight zone or something.... very odd, but very refreshing!

Did Aaron Donald’s contract kill any chance we have at a new contract for Hargrave? 21 mil a season is the top paid DT after Donald. His 31 mil really changes the market. Donald is arguably the best player in the league right now…don’t even think many would argue. So what would Hargrave be looking for? Really hard for me to even guess at this one. Cox is in his last year of his contract also. Could be the trickiest decisions to make.

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah, I think you won't get much support on this one.  You telling me that Nick Foles couldn't win 5 games with this Eagles team and this schedule?   We have a guy that beat him out of his job in Minshew.  Sorry dude...this roster is too good for that,  but it's your obvious agenda trying to make it seem Hurts has a garbage roster and is the only reason for why this team would win.    Seriously you have issues here...  a psychiatrist might help.

Eagles have the 4th ranked WR group.  Among the elite first tier.   

Strong WR group. Quality TE. Same guys ranked our RB room as bottom third. But yes, I think we crash and burn if relying on Shew for more than one game over a bad team. 

Shew is better on the move than Foles. So behind a good Oline I’d prefer Foles over Shew. Behind Jags Oline Shew was more effective. Foles has that long wind up delivery. I’ve referred to it as a glacial release.

Tyreek Hill stated that without him on the field Mahomes is going to have a long day.

20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

This elite group of WRs will be something new for us.  Will be fun to watch. Their young too,so it looks like we should be able to pass the ball really well these next few seasons.   

Imagine if White works out and we resign him.... that along with Reddick and Dean could have us set up at LB for a while. 

Imagine an Eagles team being set at WR and LB?    Like the twilight zone or something.... very odd, but very refreshing!

Gannon was really pumping Taylor last year also. Should be time for his development to finally payoff. Edwards was practically our only LB last season. I’m not sure how much he’ll even be on the field this year. I expect he’ll be the starting Mike to begin the season. Could foresee his snaps decline quickly though.

Great breakdown and look at Kyron Johnson. He’s the forgotten LB at this point. Can’t hardly envision a way for him on the field on defense. But he really is a player that’s easy to get excited about. Fast guy that played DE in college. So he’s a rush backer I’d assume for Gannon. Guy plays with some good nastiness. Great speed. Almost seems like his biggest weakness is overrunning because if his speed. But that speed creates problems for blockers. He’s tough to get hold of. But also he uses that full head of steam to convert into power. I’d like to see him be developed as a rush backer. But he’s way back in the options of pass rushers. He’ll make the team on ST.

I also like Tarron Jackson. Another guy I can’t see how he gets on the field. Coming at things from a different angle than Johnson. He’s got some quality pass rush moves. Not sure if he can hold up versus the run.

Ali Fayad is strictly a pass rusher. A guy I noticed leading up to the draft. Very productive at his small school. Always in the backfield. Gives extra interest in the PS this year. I want to see this defense in action and what guys line up where. Really seems like we will have plenty of pass rushers on the field this year. We have the corners to take the chances also. Going to attack the backfield.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Correct... i keep telling GB... vs the bad teams you can just run the ball. 

If my QB is starting his first full season, I would prefer to see all aspects of his game, including passing the entire game (because he needs the reps). I'm fine running the ball under 2 minutes to kill the clock. And face it, vs last year opponents there is zero reason for 184 yards passing I don't care HOW bad the other teams are,so we have a slightly differing opinion. I would like to see a nice balance this year with a small edge towards more passing than running. Like to see more of Gainwell out of the backfield as well

Could definitely see more of Gainwell this season. He’s a weapon as a pass catcher. The key though is you have to pass block to be on the field for those downs. He has to step up reliably in this aspect. He could have a very nice season if he can be consistently reliable blocking.

Say the same about Sanders. Many doubted his pass catching ability also. He showed the ability there his rookie season. It’s a put it all together season for Sanders in his contract season. Love guys in these situations usually though. They are highly motivated to work their butts off all offseason. They will usually play through injury much more. The guy has amazing ability…..can he be the engine of this offense?

I posted that link yesterday Ham. If you click on the names in the beginning - Davis, Jurgens and Dean - it'll take you to a lot of clips

How many completions is A.J. Brown worth over Jalen Reagor? Think about the math. Let’s say Brown catches – conservatively – one pass per game that Reagor wouldn’t have caught. That’s 17 passes over an entire season. Just like that, those 17 extra completions turn Jalen Hurts from a 61.2 percent passer to a 65.3 percent passer. One more completion per game and Hurts has the 2nd-highest completion percentage in franchise history. You want a more accurate passer? Get him a more talented receiver.

Roob made this point. Just how little things can change perceptions big time. Moving from the draft bust of Reagor to AJ will magically change how any QB and offense is perceived.

One more completion a game and Hurts is the second most accurate passer in team history. 

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

One more completion a game and Hurts is the second most accurate passer in team history. 

Not hard tossing 4 yard passes

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yardabarker has our WR room ranked 14th

Is he Simms cousin? No it's much better than that

Archived